PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Camaro. Dealership Identification Help.

69ssoramac
11-13-2008, 07:22 AM
Hello, I really hope that someone out there can help me. I have a 1969 Camaro with the hi performance (375 Hp) 396 cu in. engine option, with 4spd. It is a huggar orange car and I am currently restoring it. Of great importance to me is identifying which car dealership may have sold my car when it was new. I believe that I may be able to do that with your help, if you have a car with an original BERGER dealership emblem on the tailight panel. If you do, it would simply require you to measure, center to center of your emblem posts from inside your trunk and let me know the distance in spacing. My taillight panel on my car has two holes drilled to the left of the SS logo. The center of the holes are 3 5/16" apart from each other. These were obviously drilled by the dealership when the car was sold as new and then filled somewhere along the way. I suspect each dealership had different spacing requirements between each of their emblem posts which carried their dealership names. The positioning of the holes on my car on the taillight panel seem to be very similar to those cars that I have seen in pictures with the "BERGER" Chevrolet dealership emblem mounted on the on the taillight panel of the car. Again, if someone specifically with a BERGER Chevrolet car could check their emblem as described above it would be greatly appreciated if you could let me know the distance between posts. Thanks in advance. Brian

Charley Lillard
11-13-2008, 05:41 PM
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/366351/an/0/page/0#Post366351

Salvatore
11-13-2008, 10:55 PM
Yes, My emblem is 3-5/16 and is positioned just like all the pictures showing the "BY BERGER" emblem. Good luck. Sam

69ssoramac
11-14-2008, 08:28 AM
Sam, Thank you very much. I am most certain that with the confirmation of the 3 5/16" spacing of the emblem posts that you have now provided me with from your BERGER emblem that it likely confirms that my car was sold originally by BERGER Chevrolet. The holes in my taillight panel which were for the emblem is positioned in the exact same area of the tail light panel as in Charley Lillard's Camaro taillight picture as well. My car is a X22, Dec build, huggar orange, with black vinyl, 4 spd car. 62,000 orig mile. I have just pulled out the original gas tank and 3/8 fuel lines. The car was used for racing. Thanks. I will also PM you. Brian