PDA

View Full Version : Marilyn McGuinn Poling RIP

SSJunkie68-69
01-21-2009, 11:09 PM
A couple of days ago my wife's mother passed away. Some of you knew she had been ill for sometime and my wife and I do appreciate your prayers and thoughts that have been expressed. We pretty much curtailed all our car plans/events this past year so we could spend as much time with her as possible before this day came.

Marilyn is my Mother In Law and often I would kid around with her about being my Mother Out Law. Although she was not a car gal to the ninth degree she did enjoy joining our family at the local shows and when the weather was just right she would want to go out for a cruise in one of the cars with the top down so the wind could mess up her hair. She very much enjoyed rag tops.

She had a disease known as Shy-Drager Syndrome. This is a very rare disease that has no known cure and there are only 50K cases of it world wide. It often masks itself as Parkinson's and it's so rare most doctors just don't know about it and can often misdiagnose it. It's the same disease that claimed the life of Johnny Cash a couple years back. If anyone who has been or has someone they know suffering from Parkinson's and is getting worse, I would urge you to them tell about Shy-Drager and have the Docs take a look. She was only 68. This disease is a degenerative neurological disorder that just hits the body hard until it finally just wears out.

She leaves behind a loving husband, two loving daughters and one son, as well as four adoring grandchildren including two son-out laws.

It has been a trying time the past couple of days even though we knew her sickness was fatal, we all thought we would have more time with her. She knew the cards she was dealt and never once asked for sympathy. We were just talking a week or so ago, when the power ball drawing was 160M, and she made a joke that she should go out a buy a ticket or two since the odds of winning that were better than those of coming down with Shy-Drager, she figured her luck would have to change at some point.

Tom

Seattle Sam
01-22-2009, 12:03 AM
Our condolences to your family, Tom.

-Sam and Sue Besser

Xplantdad
01-22-2009, 08:04 AM
Tom...so sorry to hear it finally happened. We will keep you and your family in our prayers.

Please let me know if there is ANYTHING that we can do.

mockingbird812
01-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss Tom. Marilyn sounded like a cool lady.

Dog427435
01-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Our condolences to you and your family, Tom. She will be in our prayers.

Charley Lillard
01-22-2009, 06:42 PM
Sorry Tom...Hopefully after the sorrow you can feel some type of relief and then get on enjoying the things you have been missing.

SS427
02-01-2009, 02:40 AM
Very sorry to hear of your loss. Condolences to you and your family.
Rick and Annie