PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Motion Cars

P.J.
04-05-2010, 02:32 AM
During the 60s and all the drag racing that we were involved with I had never heard of a local Motion car.
I wonder if there are any cars out there today that were motion Canadian cars or motion stories??
PJ

Charles
04-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Don't know much about this Motion Corvette that was here in Ontario when still new. It was a light color with 1969 style side pipes and single headlight front end treatment. Also had the side vents 'reversed'. Stripe on the added 1967 427 stinger Corvette hood scoop and across the roof and wraps around the rear of the car. The car had what looked like 'Ansen sprint' wheels. The exterior color looked like pearl white or maybe yellow. Side view mirror was small style painted body color and not chrome.

Dave Rifkin
04-11-2010, 11:26 PM
If that car was pearl yellow it could very well be the one I saw in the Motion showroom when I was 8 or 9 (1970'ish). That car left a lasting impression on me and I have never seen any current photos of that car.
I'd love to know what happened to it.

Xplantdad
04-12-2010, 06:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't know much about this Motion Corvette that was here in Ontario when still new. It was a light color with 1969 style side pipes and single headlight front end treatment. Also had the side vents 'reversed'. Stripe on the added 1967 427 stinger Corvette hood scoop and across the roof and wraps around the rear of the car. The car had what looked like 'Ansen sprint' wheels. The exterior color looked like pearl white or maybe yellow. Side view mirror was small style painted body color and not chrome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lance Hill (Midyr) already posted a bunch of those pics....and talked about that car here:

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/383282/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1

Charles
04-12-2010, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lance Hill (Midyr) already posted a bunch of those pics....and talked about that car here:

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/383282/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the car. Thanks for the link.

Xplantdad
04-12-2010, 05:38 PM
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

joejoe
02-10-2012, 10:56 PM
I know about this Corvette as it was bought by friends of mine new at Trudeau motors in Belleville Ontario

69L78Post
02-17-2012, 07:34 PM
There's an LS6 Chevelle in NS that isn't a Motion car, but was taken to Motion to for some work early in it's life. I believe the car was sold new in Ontario ( Toronto maybe) I have some pictures that I'll post once I find them.

P.J.
03-08-2012, 03:34 AM
Only the die hard drag racers in Canada new that a motion
motor or car was killer.Like the guy in Windsor Ontario who purchased my 68 Camaro SS L 78 and then, immediately had a 427 transplant by motion. He was a record holder with the 68 Camaro. The rest of us back then were lucky just to have a 1966 chevelle SS with a 396.
I was the President of Weston High Performance racing club back
then with 40 members.All drag racers both street and track at the Famous Harveys on Jane and 401.
Back then we never heard of Motion.
Thats why I think that there were not too many from Canada who
had a motion car or transplant.
Any other opinions out there?????????
PJ

struggle
02-08-2013, 12:31 PM
I do not have enough knowledge about this Motion Corvette that was here in Ontario when still new. Mine was a light color too with 1969 style side pipes and single headlight front.

I just want to say thanks here to all.

P.J.
04-01-2013, 01:03 AM
As promised in another article re the fastest car at harveys Jane and 401
well I found the pic.
We drag raced this car agoinst another club at Harveys THe Shakers Club
winner take all
We sold tickets for the drag.
Wesston I performance club member gave The shakers club 10 car leghts
ran on the 4oo hwy noth form the shepard bridge.
The Mg ate the 64 impala 409 425 hp.
check this out
Pj

http://s265.photobucket.com/user/suprss70/media/scan0004.jpg.html

04-01-2013, 05:45 AM
What are you talking about?????

P.J.
04-01-2013, 11:19 PM
Frank read it again
PJ