PDA

View Full Version : Garnet Red ZL-1

wheelhop
05-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Just spoke with a guy today and he said he bought the last Zl-1 off the Gibb Chevrolet lot. Said it was Garnet Red.
He was curious if the car he bought new was still around.
I have his name and number if someone wants to contact him.

Drew Papsun
05-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Hello,
I have the present owner info.
Thanks,
Drew Papsun
[email protected]
203-847-4678

Kim_Howie
05-11-2010, 04:24 PM
The last car sold was not g. red. That color was offered on two cars ,one went to colonial and the other went indian river 58 to river, 62 to col. The last car sold was in late 1972 or early 1973. I looked at the car back then. The car had 6 miles on it. At that time they were asking 4500.00 for it!! Stupid me ...... I thought it was too much!! Funny thing is I thought it was d yellow but I have been told it wasn't. Kim

wheelhop
05-11-2010, 05:29 PM
I know some cars were sent to other dealers so I'm not sure what number car he had. I just want to put this guy in touch with a current owner. Just as you said you thought the car you looked at was D Yellow, he might not know the actual color either.

ORIGLS6
05-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Most likely a Hugger Orange car. The 50 cars delivered to Gibb were either Cortez Silver, Fathom Green, Dusk Blue, Hugger Orange or LeMans Blue. The only other colors were Daytona Yellow, Dover White and Garnet Red, but none of those went to Gibb.

Kim_Howie
05-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Jim,
I was 22 years old at the time. I don't remember a lot of things back then. I do remember looking under the hood and seeing the ZL-1 motor. You never forget that.

rnlz28
05-11-2010, 09:39 PM
The last car was Hugger Orange for sure

ORIGLS6
05-11-2010, 09:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The last car was Hugger Orange for sure

This guy would know! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Hi Bob. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif

Kim_Howie
05-12-2010, 01:27 AM
I couldn't remember. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Justbad Joe
05-12-2010, 02:16 AM
Garnet red, daytona yellow, hugger orange, PURPLE, they all look the same.
Joe
Hey Howie did you miss me?

firstgenaddict
05-15-2010, 09:11 PM
color who cares about the stinking color... all I saw was the important stuff.

Funny story about what we notice...
Wife and I came home from being over with 3 other couples and wife says something about a dress one of the other women had on... I had no clue, she said I didn't pay attention to anything around me and that the women had talked about it etc...
I then proceeded to ask her about what she thought about the new Paxton on one of the guys Mustang Cobra, to which she replied what are you talking about no one ever said anything about a car, even when I reminded her that she stood there as it was pointed out to her she had no recollection. Blinders... Blinders

ORIGLS6
05-15-2010, 09:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firstgenaddict</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Wife and I came home from being over with 3 other couples and wife says something about a dress one of the other women had on... I had no clue, she said I didn't pay attention to anything around me and that the women had talked about it etc...
</div></div>

Quick thinking on your part! That's the absolute BEST answer you could possibly come up with!!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

Kim_Howie
05-16-2010, 12:55 AM
I think the important stuff is the history. Red was never offered by Fred. Lets keep it correct.

firstgenaddict
05-16-2010, 09:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Quick thinking on your part! That's the absolute BEST answer you could possibly come up with!!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif </div></div>

I know, I surprised myself with that one. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif

volspeed1970
05-23-2010, 10:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firstgenaddict</div><div class="ubbcode-body">color who cares about the stinking color... all I saw was the important stuff.

Funny story about what we notice...
Wife and I came home from being over with 3 other couples and wife says something about a dress one of the other women had on... I had no clue, she said I didn't pay attention to anything around me and that the women had talked about it etc... </div></div>

&quot;Yeah honey I didn't notice the dress was blue, had a bare back, was slit up the side, cut down low in the front, and that those 4&quot; heels made her legs look like those of a thoroughbred&quot;............ Nope didn't notice the packaging,just the important stuff! I just had to add a little to this story. Though the important stuff here is that I didn't know that Gibb never had a red ZL1 when all of his race cars were red over the years. Thank you guys for the info! Still a lot for this old retired fart has to learn.

JT

SS427
05-24-2010, 04:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: volspeed1970</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Though the important stuff here is that I didn't know that Gibb never had a red ZL1 when all of his race cars were red over the years.JT </div></div>

I too thought the same thing. It was Annie who told me something was amiss as Gibb never did a Garnet Red ZL1. That was a little embarrassing...........

Xplantdad
05-24-2010, 09:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS427</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: volspeed1970</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Though the important stuff here is that I didn't know that Gibb never had a red ZL1 when all of his race cars were red over the years.JT </div></div>

I too thought the same thing. It was Annie who told me something was amiss as Gibb never did a Garnet Red ZL1. That was a little embarrassing........... </div></div>

Annie flat out rocks! (So do you Rick!) <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif

Kim_Howie
05-24-2010, 10:35 PM
Rick, you noticed my first post was edited about red ones. I had to change it. I posted at first there were no red ones. Cumby got me correct on that. I know how that feels.

SS427
05-24-2010, 10:46 PM
But correct about no Red Gibb ZL1's. Just embarrassing when a 'girl' tells me there was no Red Gibb cars. I should know that! Ohhhhhh, thats gonna hurt!

firstgenaddict
05-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Gotta love being corrected about a car fact by Annie... that's a badge of honor... lol