PDA

View Full Version : WOW is all I can say!

1969z280
11-20-2010, 03:47 AM
Bob and Vicki Ashton have set a new high water mark. If you're not here you won't believe what you're missing. Great show already and it was set-up day. Great job folks! Ed

supcarbob
11-20-2010, 04:48 AM
This has to be the finest examples of Supercar/Musclecars ever assembled. If you are with in driving distance from Rosemont(Chicago) this is an absolute must see. Congrats to Bob for getting this high quality show together. Don;t miss it!

Postsedan
11-20-2010, 04:54 AM
Glad to be a part of this historic event, Come by and say hello...at my 1969 Chevelle Display.

Bob and Vicki are the BEST!

Dan

MosportGreen66
11-20-2010, 05:30 AM
Delta canceled our flight from JFK to Chicago because of staffing issue... We'll be a little late but we're still bringing the display. Nothing like traveling without a headache. Leaving NY on an 8am flight for this highly anticipated show!

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me Bob. I appreciate your patients.

Dan

Canuckvetter
11-22-2010, 02:41 AM
Just got back from a 11hr drive to Chicago. What a show!!!! Where else could you see such fine examples. I was in awe to see a 67 L88 Corvette with a 70 hemi Cuda convertible and a 70 LS6 Chevelle convertible in one show. Just so many museum quality cars in one place. Not to mention the legend super car builders of the 60's and 70's in the flesh.

Thanks to Bob Ashton, the team at Nickey and all the other sponsors for putting on a fabulous gathering.

427TJ
11-22-2010, 03:01 AM
I saw Kwhizz's photos but we need MORE, MORE, MORE!!! I hear that Bruce was there so he should have taken a bunch.

CC Rider
11-22-2010, 03:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427TJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw Kwhizz's photos but we need MORE, MORE, MORE!!! I hear that Bruce was there so he should have taken a bunch. </div></div>

He just arrived in Phoenix and is busy downloading pics.

wizzells
11-22-2010, 03:59 AM
This was my first time experiencing a Muscle Car (only) type car show, and I must say it was a great experience. Great gathering of cars. Thanks to those that put in the effort to make it happen.
Here are some pictures I took.

MCACN 2010 pictures (http://picasaweb.google.com/wizzells/2010MuscleCarAndCorvetteNationals#slideshow/5542171084027622114)

John Brown
11-22-2010, 04:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wizzells</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This was my first time experiencing a Muscle Car (only) type car show, and I must say it was a great experience. Great gathering of cars. Thanks to those that put in the effort to make it happen.
Here are some pictures I took. </div></div>

Thanks for the pics. Must a been a lot of work putting all those captions on. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Xplantdad
11-22-2010, 04:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wizzells</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This was my first time experiencing a Muscle Car (only) type car show, and I must say it was a great experience. Great gathering of cars. Thanks to those that put in the effort to make it happen.
Here are some pictures I took.

MCACN 2010 pictures (http://picasaweb.google.com/wizzells/2010MuscleCarAndCorvetteNationals#slideshow/5542171084027622114) </div></div>

I think you were right next to me...especially when you took the pics of Colin's triple black GTO vert...LOL

Xplantdad
11-22-2010, 04:29 AM
Congrats to everyone involved with the MCACN show...including Boob and Vicki, Stefano, Mike, Charley and on and on...

Thanks especially to everyone who brought out all of the fine iron to feast our eyes on...on their dime!

You all rock! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/youguysrock.gif

wizzells
11-22-2010, 06:13 AM
Thanks for the pics. Must a been a lot of work putting all those captions on. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif [/quote]

Glad you like them. The captions are a bit of a pain (couple hours, and copy/paste become your best friend) but they help people that dont know exactly what they're looking at so it's worth it.

BACKN 68
11-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Wanted to share a couple of photos from the show...

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy87/BACKN68/MCACN%20show%20NOV%202010/MCACNshowNOV2010025.jpg

And here I am standing next to a legend &quot;Mr. MOTION&quot; himself!!! Sure hope he doesn't feel like I was &quot;stalking&quot; him...but, I did spend <span style="font-style: italic"> </span> a lot <span style="font-style: italic"> </span> of time just hanging out at the MOTION display. So much time in fact that I found myself in the background of other peoples photos... <span style="font-style: italic"> </span> too <span style="font-style: italic"> </span> funny. Had a GREAT Time! Even got to meet Dan Schutzbank - who helped me authenticate some decals... <span style="font-style: italic"> </span> A Big Thanks to Dan! What a collection he has. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/Can-I-Have-It.gif
Also, want to send out a Huge &quot;Thanks&quot; to Adam as well as Marty who helped me get Joel's autographs! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/youguysrock.gif

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy87/BACKN68/MCACN%20show%20NOV%202010/MCACNshowNOV2010019.jpg

Kent
68 Malibu ZZ502/502
ACES #5102 <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif

MosportGreen66
11-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Hey Kent,

Pleasure was all on this side! Had a good time discussing all things Motion with you and glad you had such a good time with the Motion crew.

Keep in touch, and GREAT photos...

Dan

Atuckman
11-23-2010, 09:14 PM
kent -
cant wait to see that mean day2 chevelle of yours next year! adam

BLACKJACK 21
11-24-2010, 02:49 PM
What an amazing experience to be part of again. Thank you Bob and Vicki for all the hard work.

novahb
11-25-2010, 05:52 PM
In 2006, I read an article in the January issue of Corvette magazine about the history of the KO-MOTION Corvette. It was a heartwrenching story about the original owner, Charles Snyder and his car. It seemed that this car also fullfilled yet another persons lifelong dream. A gentleman named Glen Spielberg purchased the car in October of 2000, that he first saw as an eight year old boy on a street in Brooklyn, New York some 32 years earlier. I wasn't able to bring my car to the MCACN's event but had I known that the KO-MOTION Corvette was in attendance, I would have driven there just to see this one car. The story had a profound effect on me and I still get emotional every time I read it. Is Glen Spielberg still the owner or has the car gone to another home? Wherever the car is and whoever is the current owner, I would be very grateful to know if the car will be shown again. Any background that anyone can provide would be truly appreciated. It seems that the MCACN's was a huge success and an experience that will not be forgotten soon.

x Baldwin Motion
11-26-2010, 12:25 PM
Yes, KoMotion is still owned by Glen here on Long Island. This is the first time I have heard of the car being shown publicly since it was acquired and cleaned up a few years ago. There was a video on line that I saw of it's coming out that told the story very respectfully. It may have taken place at Corvette Repair in Lynbrook. The KoMotion web site is currently down, If I recall correctly, that is where the video was hosted. Maybe someone else was more info, I am outside the Corvette circle.