PDA

View Full Version : Nickey Camaro vs. 2011 ZL1

66 L78 ragtop
12-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Im thinking of pulling the trigger on a modern muscle car.

Has anybody formally compared Nickey's stage III to the new 2011 ZL1 Camaro, the Hennessey Camaro, Callaway Camaro etc?

Are the Nickey Camaros different from the Gibb cars, DH car, with regard to performance, drive train options etc? Or is the difference purely cosmetic?

Why buy one vs the other?

Orlando Cruz

sYc
12-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Orlando, go with Nickey.

While all of them are cool cars, Nickey will build the car to your specs and tastes, from mild to wild, within your budget, while with the others you are stuck with whatever package they put together.

With you being in Chicago, it would really be easy, and fun, to work with Steve and his staff to build the modern supercar of your dreams.

Postsedan
12-28-2010, 10:24 PM
[quote=sYc]Orlando, go with Nickey.

While all of them are cool cars, Nickey will build the car to your specs and tastes, from mild to wild, within your budget, while with the others you are stuck with whatever package they put together.

With you being in Chicago, it would really be easy, and fun, to work with Steve and his staff to build the modern supercar of your dreams.

[/quote)

X2, Go visit Stefano and crew. They do an outstanding job!

http://www.nickeychicago.net/index.php

Dan

ORIGLS6
12-29-2010, 12:04 AM
<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">NIC<span style="color: #FF0000">K</span>EY</span> gets my vote too. Steve's kinda like Burger King; He'll let you &quot;Have it YOUR way!&quot;

sixtiesmuscle
12-29-2010, 03:48 AM
I might be biased since I own the #002 Nickey Camaro, but, I have been totally satisfied with the workmanship on the car, and, the reaction the car gets when I have it out. I have had the car on the drag strip, as well as, on the road course. I drove the car to the track, ran it hard, and, drove it home with no hiccups. When you add in the great looking cosmetics in the Nickey package, the choice seems clear.

Xplantdad
12-29-2010, 04:38 AM
And...Mike's Camaro is simply beautiful! (as are all of the Nickey cars!)

66 L78 ragtop
12-29-2010, 03:40 PM
I'll talk to Stefano, but would like to see side by side stats.
If anyone has drawings of the Nickey convertible, please post or send me a copy.

[email protected]

Thanks
Orlando Cruz

70 Forest Green Zee
12-29-2010, 04:08 PM
I think an important part of buying a car like this and spending a good deal of money is the people you will be dealing with....and they just don't come any better than Steve Bimby! He's been a car guy forever and he and his crew were really the pioneers of making super cars out of the new Camaro. I'm quite confident that if you buy a new Camaro from Steve and his hand picked crew, you won't be disappointed!

PxTx
12-29-2010, 04:31 PM
One other item to weigh is after the sale support. I also have a thing for high-powered Audi cars. Lots of guys on the forums wask which chip manufacturer is the best. It has been my expereince that despite one one aftermarket tune being slightly better than the next, the best choice is to buy a tune form a local guy who can give you the best support.

My point being, sending a PCM out for a re-tune on the west coast while being over here in PA probably isn't worth the hassle for a minor advantage. I would rather buy form a local tuner, so in the event of any issue down the road, I get fast service.

I would apply the same logic since you are in Il, I know the Nickey people and products will meet your expectations and you have the added bonus of local, first hand experts available to you. I think you'll kinda have to expect support form the company you buy form when you have potentially 1,000 hp of destruction under your right foot.

sYc
12-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Speaking of Nickey built cars, I thought this was kind of cool.

http://www.maxchevy.com/

Stefano
12-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the Kind words Guys.

Here are the renderings of a Convertible Nickey Super Camaro.

Available in Stage I, II or III.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/StefanoBimbi/2011%20Nickey%20Camaro%20Convertible/2010Nickey_CONVERT_FRONT_WHT-ORNG_24x36.jpg http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/StefanoBimbi/2011%20Nickey%20Camaro%20Convertible/2011PaceCarReplicaforBeth.jpg

Stefano
12-29-2010, 07:48 PM
Hello Orlando,

If your looking for a Road &amp; Track or Car &amp; Driver type of comparison. It hasn't been done, yet. I'd like to see one too.

We started with a clean sheet of paper, before the New Camaro was released to the public. Our standard was not what the other builders might produce....but, what we wanted to accomplish with our cars as well as how they would compare to other non domestic Super Cars and the offerings from Dodge and Ford.

We based all of our std. options on Naturally aspirated pump gas based engines.

500, 600 and 700hp.

We used true 427ci engines long before any other the other builders put one into a Camaro.

When we told our engine builder that we needed a 700 hp, stock compression pump gas 427, with drive it to the grocery store dependability....even he wasn't certain that we could get it to work as we wanted it to.

Our Stages are just an outline of available options. We custom build each and every car too meet the customers objectives.

Regarding customer satisfaction....nothing speaks better than repeat customers.
We currently have 6 orders for Nickey Super Camaro Convertibles. 5 of those orders are from Previous Nickey Camaro owners.

PM sent.

Regards,

Stefano

BLACKJACK 21
01-02-2011, 01:40 AM
I too was a signature away from buying a Corvette, but decided to get the Camaro. After extensive research, I found that Nickey was one of the most reliable and trust worthy companies to go to. From day one, Stefano and his crew have always been there whenever I needed something. Everytime I take my car out for a ride, it still makes people stop and shout out compliments. More than if I had the Corvette. Nothing but quality and pure horse power comes from Nickey.