PDA

View Full Version : MCACN Awards

Justbad Joe
12-29-2010, 06:24 AM
Congrats to Sam (mockingbird) Griffith on his Platinum Best of Show Chevrolet with the &quot;Roof Deuce&quot;. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif Wish I could have been there to see it!! She was worth it!
Joe

CC Rider
12-29-2010, 09:10 PM
Congrats Sam! Maybe I can see it someday too. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

Postsedan
12-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Truly a Magnificent Deuce and a Marvelous Deuce owner <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Congrats Sam.

Dan

Xplantdad
12-29-2010, 10:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 69SUPERSPORT396</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats Sam! Maybe I can see it someday too. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif </div></div>

You have to go out of state to see it...

It must be a Deuce owners rule or something... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

el hemi
12-30-2010, 12:33 AM
Sam...congratulations. Amazing job. Glad I got to see such a well thought out resto. Day two stuff on it surely sets the car apart big time. May have a chance to see it again in the Spring when I go to Arizona. Will let you know.

mockingbird812
12-30-2010, 01:59 AM
Thanks! What are the odds that I'd have dirt on all the judges at MCACN? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif

Seriously, am very honored with big KUDOs to the Donahue team! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

Shevelle
12-30-2010, 02:05 AM
Congratulations Sam! A well-deserved award for a truly spectacular car! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

ORIGLS6
12-30-2010, 03:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shevelle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congratulations Sam! A well-deserved award for a truly spectacular car! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif </div></div>

Absolutely! And the owner and resto team are pretty cool too. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

BIG Congrats to all involved. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif

sYc
12-30-2010, 03:25 AM
Congrats..... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

MrsBillyBobcat
12-30-2010, 05:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks! What are the odds that I'd have dirt on all the judges at MCACN? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif

</div></div>

LMAO <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif

CONGRATULATIONS SAM!!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif

enio45
12-30-2010, 05:20 PM
Well deserved award SAMMY G....congrats!

SS427
12-30-2010, 06:08 PM
Congrats and also kudos to the Donahue team!

Steve Shauger
12-30-2010, 10:08 PM
Great car, owner and restoration.

Congrats <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

x Baldwin Motion
12-31-2010, 12:41 AM
This thread needs a bit of ......
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/mockingbird812/70%20Roof%20Deuce/DSC_0057.jpg

Congrats to Sam and his crew !! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Tenney
12-31-2010, 01:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: x Baldwin Motion</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread needs a bit of ......
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/mockingbird812/70%20Roof%20Deuce/DSC_0057.jpg

Congrats to Sam and his crew !! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif
</div></div>

Cool!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Schonyenko2
01-03-2011, 06:37 AM
Congrats to Sam, and thanks for the kind words. My regret is that the Roofs could not attend the event. One, being that they've not seen the car since it's restoration, and two, being an original deuce owner, it is always a great pleasure to meet other original owners. It's amazing how much our old war stories sound alike.
Thanks too To Mr. Ashton for providing such a great venue for these cars. There's no doubt that this is THE best car event anywhere.
Congrats also to Jeff Murphy, and SCW on the emerald first time shown award, and to all the members of this site who won awards.

Kim_Howie
01-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Again a Great Car &amp; Great People!!! Congrates Sam

Stefano
01-04-2011, 12:34 AM
I can't believe Ashton let so many Chevy IIs in?

Cool car.

bashton
01-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Congrats Sam!

This car truly represents not only a true Day 2 vehicle, but also what the MCACN show is all about; Great cars and great people.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Woj
01-06-2011, 02:15 AM
Congrats Sam.

A well deserved award.

Phil Woj <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

Mr. Chevy
01-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Congrats Sam &amp; to the Donahue Crew!! Awesome Car!!

Rich

bbbenny
01-09-2011, 01:47 PM
A first class job, by both the crew from donauhe and the owner! Just a first class job from a hobbist, with no B/S. Thats, what is the diffence!!!! BBBenny

Roof
01-18-2011, 12:43 AM
Earl and I also were disappointed that we couldn't make it to this show. I was really looking forward to seeing Schonye's hair and getting an up close look at the finished car. It's unbelievable how happy we are that Sam has kept the day two look. It helps keep the connection we had with the car alive for us. Once again, congratulations Sam.

sYc
01-18-2011, 02:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Roof</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..... I was really looking forward to seeing Schonye's hair....</div></div> <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif

mockingbird812
01-18-2011, 03:30 AM
Yeah Linda - it is not something you can really describe adequately. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif You have to see it to really appreciate it!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/whistle.gif

m22mike
01-18-2011, 02:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah Linda - it is not something you can really describe adequately. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif You have to see it to really appreciate it!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/whistle.gif </div></div>

The Duece or the hair... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

sYc
01-18-2011, 02:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m22mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah Linda - it is not something you can really describe adequately. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif You have to see it to really appreciate it!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/whistle.gif </div></div>

The Duece or the hair... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif </div></div>

Both... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Schonyenko2
01-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Geez... I don't say anything, don't start any political arguments, not mad because I had a post deleted, and I still get beat up just because my hairs a little long. I think it's a clear case of old hippie profiling.
Linda, I hope you are feeling well, and look forward to meeting you and Earl someday. BTW, Sam's buyin. All night.

sYc
01-18-2011, 04:47 PM
Here would be a cool place to meet..

http://www.einova.org/2011hnr.htm

SS427
01-18-2011, 05:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Schonyenko2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">........and I still get beat up just because my hairs a little long. I think it's a clear case of old hippie profiling.
</div></div>

What ever you do, DON'T cut it. I would HATE to see what it looks like under there................ <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

MrsBillyBobcat
01-18-2011, 07:06 PM
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif

Here's a funny sign that I used to sell at my store <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&amp;Number=25561&amp;filename= hippies.jpg

I still remember the day I put it out...the next guy who walked in had LONG hair just like that (no kidding!) <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/shocked.gif

Xplantdad
01-19-2011, 04:02 AM
LOL on Rick and Rita!

Schonye...you are the coolest! (I'll pick up my money later, thanks!)

Schonyenko2
01-19-2011, 06:52 AM
Rita, I actually have a sign similar to that, hanging in my shop. The 1st lady thought it was appropriate.
In regards to the einova.org link, we most certainly invite all Nova owners to stop by and enjoy drive in movie night this year. Even the ones giving me hair grief.