PDA

View Full Version : 2011 FNBNY MCACN Entries

bashton
01-10-2011, 02:18 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs782.ash1/167263_169427149767879_142314395812488_354673_3420 207_n.jpg

We're off and running, and in a big-winged way!

Here is an early entry for MCACN III. This is the REAL Ramo Stott Superbird, the known Superbird that is still in "as raced" condition. This is no clone or tribute...it is the real deal!

See it up close and personal November 19-20, 2011. As I always say...just keeps getting better and better!

Alss
01-10-2011, 02:21 AM
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif

Stefano
01-10-2011, 11:33 PM
Joseph Robb, 82 years young,worked in the design dept at Chrysler,for 32 years. As a Sculptor he performed the actual Wind Tunnel sculpting on the Superbird front ends....before they went into production. He will also be at MCACN III!

vicki.ashton
02-02-2011, 05:07 PM
<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">NOTE:</span> In order to be entered in the show (which means you will get information by mail and credentials, be put on the floor plan etc) <span style="font-weight: bold">you must submit an entry form.</span> </span>

Many folks think they have entered the show when they email Bob, however, until the MCACN office staff receive an entry form, you are not entered into the show, will not get credentials, will not be on the lists our move in crew have and will not have a spot on the floor plan.

Please dont assume your conversation with Bob by phone or email has resulted in your vehicle being registered. Save yourself uneccessary aggravation. If you are registered, you will get a letter from MCACN confirming your registration. if you think you are registered, but have not received a letter, please email me to confirm.

If you need an entry form feel free to email me at musclecarandcorvettenationals@gmail.com (mailto:musclecarandcorvettenationals@gmail.com) or print one at http://www.mcacn.com/EntryForm.pdf or fill one out online at https://www.jotform.com/form/91852225146

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 17pt">Thanks!</span></span>

vicki.ashton
02-02-2011, 05:10 PM
<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">Steve Brussich will be showing this 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A in our T/A Reunion Display</span></span>

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs051.snc6/168186_175890125788248_142314395812488_390648_5943 906_n.jpg

vicki.ashton
02-02-2011, 05:12 PM
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">Gerald Pockrus will be showing this 1971 LS6 Corvette in our Triple Diamond Gallery</span></span>

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs276.snc6/180461_175887862455141_142314395812488_390639_1967 025_n.jpg

vicki.ashton
02-02-2011, 05:14 PM
<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">John &amp; Kathy Wright will be showing this 1965 Pontiac GTO Convertible </span></span>

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs893.ash1/180172_175887835788477_142314395812488_390638_2864 655_n.jpg

vicki.ashton
02-02-2011, 05:18 PM
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">Liz Wojtas will be showing this 1969 Pontiac GTO. If Liz provides a copy of her registration she will be a contender for the Leading Lady General Motors Award</span></span>

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs782.ash1/167245_175887885788472_142314395812488_390640_7071 505_n.jpg

vicki.ashton
02-02-2011, 05:20 PM
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">Ed &amp; Brenda Carlson will be showing this 1970 Chevrolet Camaro SS L78 in our L78 Display</span></span>

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs794.ash1/168473_175887792455148_142314395812488_390637_2640 020_n.jpg

vicki.ashton
02-02-2011, 05:21 PM
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">Ed Pienta will be showing this 1971 442 W-30 on our Class of 1971 Display</span></span>

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs886.ash1/179424_175887765788484_142314395812488_390636_4828 495_n.jpg

bashton
02-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Interesting to note, these particular entries are coming in from Wisconsin, Texas, New York, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Illinois.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

vicki.ashton
02-02-2011, 05:55 PM
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">Dominic Presty will be showing this 1965 Corvette Coupe in our Triple Diamond Gallery</span></span>

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs060.snc6/169094_175907485786512_142314395812488_391022_4204 35_n.jpg

Charley Lillard
02-10-2011, 07:47 AM
We will also have this cool car making the trek to this years MCACN. Lots of stories with this one.
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&amp;Number=25651&amp;filename= MoparActionCoverA.jpg
’71 Rallye Red Hemicuda Convertible History (BS27R1B337604) - Summary

The car is #6 of the 7 1971 Hemicuda Convertibles made for the US. There were a total of 12 built, 7 for the US (2 4spd, 5 Autos), 2 for Canada (both autos), and 3 for Export (1 4spd, 2 autos). I am the 5th owner.

It has been authenticated by Galen Govier. He took a picture of the Broadcast Sheet when it was removed, and nearly all of it is intact. The car was covered in the August 2006 edition of Mopar Action Magazine.

The car is a numbers-matching 2-tag car. The motor has a casting date of 7-23-69 (July 23rd, 1969), and is stamped with the VIN ‘1B337604’. The car has the following options:

425hp/426 Hemi engine
727 Auto
Shaker Hood
Black Convertible top
Black Leather interior with bucket seats
6-way Driver’s seat
Black vinyl side mouldings
Super Track Pak, 4.10 Dana
Rallye Gauges
Console with Slapstick Shifter
AM/FM Radio
Light group package
Undercoating
Power Steering
Power Disc Brakes
Power Top

The car was bought at Bill Luke Chrysler Plymouth dealership in Phoenix. Bill Austin, in the tire dept, worked on the car at the dealership and saw it brought off of the transport. It was a big event.
’71 Rallye Red Hemicuda Convertible History (BS27R1B337604) - Details

Morgan got into a bad motorcycle accident. He was paralyzed from the waist down. As part of the insurance settlement he went into Bill Luke Chrysler Plymouth in Phoenix AZ and bought this Rallye Red Hemi Convertible, plus a '71 Hemi Charger for his brother. Because he couldn't use his legs he ordered an automatic, but loaded it with a bunch of goodies like Super Track Pak with 4.10s and power disc brakes, power steering, console with Slap-Stik shifter, 6-way adjustable seat, black leather interior, power top, rallye dash, light package, AM/FM Multiplex Stereo, undercoating, all tinted windows, and vinyl side moldings. When the car arrived the guys at the dealership knew it was a special car, because they had not ordered anything like it before. So when the transport pulled in it was a big event to watch the car being unloaded. The dealership then installed hand controls for the brake and gas pedals, so Morgan could operate the car. On its first outing, Morgan literally drove it across the street and immediately fitted it with headers, traction bars, and mag wheels.

The car became a fixture at the Luke dealership on Monday mornings. Morgan would pick the car up on Friday and tear it up over the weekend. Monday morning he'd bring it back for some sort of warranty repair, quite often with the interior filled with empty beer cans. By Friday the cycle would start all over again, when Morgan would pick up the car for his weekend adventure.

This punishment didn't last long, and Bill and Bob Graham bought the car from Morgan in 1972, for $1700. They wanted a Corvette convertible and couldn't find one, so they bought this car instead. The first thing they did is remove and toss the hand controls. The original transmission was having problems and they took it back to Luke for warranty repair. But the dealership said no, they had had enough of that car, so the Grahams did a swap themselves. They also accidentally left the shaker bubble at a gas station during one long, overheating trip from Phoenix to Reno, and fixed the gaping hole in the shaker hood by filling it with a homemade tunnel ram setup. They also put dirt tires on the rear and turned it into a desert dunebuggy of sorts, and took some pictures of the car doing its thing. In early 1973 they traded the car for a '67 tripower Corvette convertible. The new owner took the ‘vert to the east coast but almost immediately brought it back. In late 1973, again in Phoenix, the car was for sale again, this time for $1900. The Graham's considered buying it back, as it looked the same except for a hole in the rear convertible window, but they couldn't come up with the money.

Charlie Grant then bought the car, drove it for about 2 years, but then put it into hibernation in 1975. It had just 20K miles on the odometer. Being a car guy Charlie thought the car might be rare, perhaps one of a hundred or so, and therefore might be worth something someday. He planned the 'someday' restoration. There it sat, and there it would sit until it’d be unearthed some 30 years later.

Dave Blake, a well-known Hemi collector who had the foresight to buy these cars in the '70s and early '80s, when they were still just used cars, was also a resident of Phoenix. In 1977, when Dave set out to buy any and all of the Hemicuda Convertibles, he stumbled across the Graham brothers, as they were both street-racing types. Dave did not know the exact numbers made, but he knew '71 Hemicuda Converts were extremely rare, so when the Grahams said they used to have one at first Dave didn't believe them. But when they showed Dave an old Insurance slip, with the VIN detailing that this was in fact a legit '71 Hemicuda Convertible, Dave realized this car was real. Dave and Bill Graham became good friends, and they became even closer when Bill was introduced to and eventually married Dave's sister, all due to this particular car. In 1977 Dave went to the Phoenix DMV and, armed with the VIN and with one single dollar, the DMV gave him a printout of Charlie's name and address. Dave contacted Charlie and tried, but Charlie would not sell. However, that started Dave on his mission, and over the next 6 years or so, Dave hunted nationwide and bought three of the eighteen '70 Hemicuda Converts, one of the twelve Hemi Challenger Convert, and one of the other twelve '71 Hemicuda converts. But, try as he might, even though this one was born in and still residing in his own backyard, over the next 30 years he could not pry this one out of Charlie's hands. When Dave wanted to buy it for $20K, Charlie wanted $40K, and so on.

By the early 2000's the values of these cars were going into the stratosphere. As that happened, all of the other twelve 1971 Hemicuda Convertibles surfaced. All except for this one. Because the US production numbers were fairly well-documented by the factory it was known that 7 had been manufactured for the US, but only 6 had been accounted for. Everybody dreamed about finding this renegade car in a barn somewhere, but because the prices were already so crazy mostly everyone believed it had to have been destroyed and crushed over the years. Charlie, being a very quiet and reserved guy, didn't say a word to anyone. Dave also kept quiet. If you knew where treasure was buried would you tell everyone?

But, by 2005, Dave was getting even crazier offers for his '71, and Charlie knew this. So Dave realized there was no way he could actually afford to buy Charlie's car anymore. After nearly 30 years of keeping his valuable secret, Dave finally leaked the existence of the red convertible to noted collector Bill Wiemann. Bill then hounded Charlie, but for several months Charlie flatly denied the car’s existence. But Bill's persistence paid off, and after about 6 months of effort Bill landed the big fish. Its public announcement in the August 2006 edition of Mopar Action Magazine shook the world, as the &quot;Missing&quot; 1971 Hemicuda Convertible had finally been found.

Bill only had the car for about 2 months when I bought it from him. The original motor was still being rebuilt, and the car was just partially restored, but Bill had agreed to debut it at the Chryslers at Carlisle show that was only 5 weeks away. I bought the car and, to meet the show obligation, literally threw it together with about two seconds to spare. Motivated under its own power with a temporary Ray Barton motor it did make it from the trailer to Carlisle’s main exhibit building, and the show was a rousing success, but the ropes surrounding the prize kept onlookers from realizing it was basically held together by only one screw!

On the trip back from the Carlisle show the 'Missing' Hemicuda went missing again. I had 3 cars, this convert and two '71 Hemicuda hardtops, plus a hemi block, on a transport back coming back from Carlisle. Two days into the delivery the transport company, Goldrush Motorsports, went bankrupt. I literally did not know where these cars were for about 2 hair-pulling weeks. When I finally found them, the driver was abandoning the trailer at a TA truckstop outside of East St. Louis, because the feds were coming to impound everything. In what was probably one of the worst days of my life I did cartwheels to rescue those cars. But I was successful. The entire story was detailed in the December 2006 issue of Mopar Collector’s Guide Magazine.

I then had the car properly restored. Because it is a late '71 car it has the proper blacked-out 450 steel wheels, as opposed to body color, a factory change that started around 3/5/71. I chose to put on billboards instead of the vinyl side moldings, and added the roadlamps and dual painted mirrors instead of the single mirror, but otherwise the car is restored to original factory specs. The original motor is now resting between the wheels, although the original transmission is long gone. Because it is so highly optioned it is a 2-tag car, and has both original tags. It also fortunately has its original broadcast sheet, but because the car was sitting outside in the Phoenix desert for decades, with the sheet still in the car, the paper is intact but baked to a potato-chip crispness. Even though the car was abused early in its life it did not suffer any major damage, and due to the friendly weather in Phoenix it still has nearly all of its original sheetmetal. Much of the original paint was still on the car when Bill bought it, but while one side was red the other side was orange, heavily faded from facing the Phoenix sun for all those decades. Today, even though it has now been restored, the car still has its original Rallye Red paint under the interior door panels and carpet, and the underside of the floorpan is untouched, with just a fresh undercoating over the original factory undercoating. It also still proudly wears its original Arizona license plate PTE-971.

With its original motor, original metal, original paperwork, detailed ownership history, heavy performance and convenience options, desirable color combination, and colorful history the &quot;Missing&quot; 1971 Hemicuda Converible is one of the best of its breed, and one of the most valuable musclecars in existence.

Here is Wades fun experience transporting it..

8/7/06
My story, about how the ‘Missing’ ’71 Hemicuda Convertible, and two of his Hemi buddies, when MIA again for nearly 2 weeks after the Chrysler show in Carlisle…

June 21, 2006 (Wednesday).
I call an auto transport company based out of North Carolina that I have used twice before (Goldrush Motorsports), to schedule a trip for 3 cars and a motor. I coordinate this with a reasonable lady (April). The cars are the survivor TorRed ’71 Hemicuda 4spd, the freshly-restored 1-of-1 Inviolet/White Hemicuda 4spd, and the ‘Missing’ Red ’71 Hemicuda Convertible. Big money shipment, no doubt, but I doubt they know this. I schedule that they will pick these up from the Canadian border (from the resto shop), bring them to Carlisle for their show debut, then after Carlisle bring them to my place in California. As I found out later they billed my CC for the full amount on this same day.

July 5 (Tuesday).
All goes well. The driver (Robert) picks up the cars just as planned.

July 6 (Wednesday).
All goes well. I meet the driver at Carlisle and we unload the cars. The show is fantastic!

July 9 (Sunday):
All goes well. The driver reloads the cars, and estimates they will be in CA within 1 week (by the following Sunday). See attached pictures at the end of this document.

July 12 (Wednesday):
A few days have gone by without contact. I call the driver to check status. Nobody answers and I leave a message.

July 14 (Friday): STARTING TO GET WORRIED…
No reply from anyone. I call the driver again and leave another message. I call the home office and from the crackling sound I can tell it immediately auto-forwards to a cell phone or something. I leave a message there as well. I wait a few hours and try both numbers again. Now the driver’s phone is not accepting messages. I leave another message with the home office. I wait a few more hours, and try to leave another message with the home office, and NOW IT is no longer accepting messages! I am getting worried. I call 411 in North Carolina to get the ph# for the local police dept, just in case.

July 15 (Saturday): MORE WORRIED…
No reply from anyone. I call all numbers, no answer. This time I can leave another message with the driver, and I do, this time much more frantic. The home office is still not receiving messages, and is still doing the auto-forward thing. I go to their website and email them, trying to get some form of communication going. I try to convince myself everything is OK. Hell, my cars are supposed to be here tomorrow!

July 16 (Sunday): MORE, MORE WORRIED…
No reply, no email, no cars, no nothing…

July 17 (Monday): PANIC, MY CARS ARE DEFINITELY IN SOUTH AMERICA BY NOW…
No reply, no email. I call all numbers, no answer. I send an urgent FAX to them (the only form of communication I haven’t tried yet) saying they must call me!

July 18 (Tuesday): OH SHIT, CAN THIS REALLY BE HAPPENING?!?…
Its been a week-and-a-half since I last heard from anyone… OK, what is the best possible case… The driver crashed the truck and they are afraid to tell me… Or somebody died… Or they really stole these cars?!?… How can a company act like this? I call the driver, no answer. No fax. No email. I call the home office and the ph# is now disconnected. DISCONNECTED! I literally am calling the police in NC when my phone shows that the driver is trying to call me. YEAH !!!

He starts talking. He seemed like an OK guy at Carlisle, so I am trying to believe him. He says the cars are safe! He says he is in NC, at the main office, and the cars are in his same truck there at the office in NC, and a Ferrari is also on the truck. He says he is scheduled to leave there today to come to CA. He says another driver quit a few days before and he got so mad he threw his cell phone against a wall and broke it, and just got it back today after repair. OK, but in my head I ask myself why he didn’t call me from a land line, knowing I was expecting the cars in CA a few days ago?. He says the company is changing owners and the office phones are messed up during the changeover. I say I am calling the cops unless I speak to someone in charge.

I get a VM message at my work# from the lady at the transport company I originally scheduled all this with. She said she can’t help, and she is no longer with the company.

I get a phone call from another guy (Chris). He says the company is in trouble and so he is buying it and changing it to XT Motorsports, or something complicated like that. He says the lady I originally spoke with has not been invited back to the new company, at least not yet. He says he is sending the driver out now with my cars and they will be in CA by this Friday. I tell him I want to send the cops over, to inspect the cars. He says OK, if I want to. I begin to feel a little better and tell him to get the cars on the road, and that I will call the driver every day. Anyway, its only a few days, what could happen…

July 19 (Wednesday): MAYBE THIS WILL ALL WORK OUT…
I call the driver. He picks up! He is in Tennessee. I ask if we are on schedule for Friday, and he says he now has to stop on the way to drop off the Ferrari, so it looks more like Sunday at my place. At least I successfully reached him. OK, maybe this is OK…

July 20 (Thursday): TROUBLE BREWING AGAIN…
I call the driver. He is at a TA truck stop outside of St. Louis, Missouri. He is out of gas. He is waiting for gas money from the home office, and should be on the road again tomorrow…
July 21 (Friday): ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE. ONE OF THE SCARIEST DAYS OF MY LIFE…
I get a call from the driver. He called me before I called him. He says we got big problems. Boy, did that turn out to be an understatement…

He says the company is basically bankrupt. He says the FBI has contacted him regarding his shipments. He says the FBI has contacted the owners at the home office to confiscate trucks and trailers and to impound all vehicles. He says the company has not kept up their insurance for the last several weeks and perhaps no longer even has a federal license to transport cars across state lines. He says he is on fumes, and the prepaid gas card he got says ‘contact owner’. He says he has no money at all, and hasn’t eaten since yesterday. He says his family is being evicted tomorrow and has to be in Iowa by then. He says if need be he will have to abandon the trailer at this truck stop.

I demand the name of an owner. He gives me two, one of whom is the lady I originally spoke with! I was led to believe she wasn’t with the company, but it turns out she is one of the owners. I try to call her cell phone many times but nobody answers. The other owner is a guy (Nick) in Beverly Hills. I call him and leave a message.

I call back the ‘new owner’ I spoke to on Tuesday, who was supposedly buying the company. He now denies everything. He says he is out of this altogether. He has the audacity to throw out a sentence starting with ‘Hey Bud, I never…’.

In the meantime I get a call from another guy (Ken) from Las Vegas. He is an old owner, who sold the company to the current owners. He says the new owners basically stiffed him, to the tune of about $1M. He says he still owns the truck (not the trailer just the truck, or perhaps vice-versa), and has talked to the driver about having him deliver this before the seizure. It looks like everyone is trying to get their stuff before the feds impound everything…

I call back the driver, asking him how much gas money he needs to make it to CA. He says $1600. Naturally I am hesitant to discuss this, as I am not sure if he is ‘in on this’ or not. Really, I don’t even know if the cars are actually in St. Louis! I suggest that he drive here and I pay him. He says he needs to ask the owners. He calls back shortly and says maybe he can’t. I get the feeling he is worried about driving the company’s truck while they are in this state. Frankly, this is the first time I start to believe that maybe this poor guy is actually in the middle, like me, and wondering if he still has a paycheck…

I finally call the NC police dept. Yes, finally. In retrospect I should have done this earlier, but I always was trying to think the best. I tell the lady who answered that I am having a problem with a local company. She asks what company. I tell her the name. She says she’ll transfer me to Lieutenant Wyman, because he is handling that case. THAT CASE?!? I DIDN’T KNOW THERE WAS ALREADY A ‘CASE’ !?!

Frantic, I begin to call everyone I know, and many I have never met. I concentrate on anyone located in the mid-America region. I call Aloha. I leave a message at Frank Badelson’s, trying to reach Roger Gibson. I call Moviestar Musclecars. Maybe there is another Mopar guy locally where I can just drop off these damn things before they get seized…

Aloha puts me in touch with Kurt at Blue Highways. When I talk with him he has heard about the Goldrush thing through the grapevine, and recommends I get my cars off their truck as soon as possible! He is very helpful, but unfortunately the best he can do is pick up the cars tomorrow. While appreciative I need this done TODAY !!! A backup plan is helpful, though…

Frank calls back. He is trying to reach Roger. In the meantime he suggests Passport (now Fedex-Passport) Auto Transport, because their home base is St. Louis. Moviestar’s call back. They have a guy about an hour south of St. Louis who is willing to take the cars. Roger calls back. He has a driver who will drop everything and go pick up the cars and take them to another local guy’s house. I talk with Aloha again, and Tommy says he will gather enough trailers for 3 cars and drive the 6 hours to pick up these cars if need be. Can you believe how great all these guys are?

I concentrate on Passport. They are theoretically the closest, and anyway I will eventually need to transport them to CA. First things first, get them off that damned truck!!!

I talk to this nice lady, Chris, at Passport. I tell her my urgent problem. She can’t believe it. I tell her the approximate value of these cars. ‘OH MY!’ she says. She says give her an hour or so to work something out. I tell her she can charge me whatever she likes.

Perhaps the Longest Hour of my life trickles by…

She calls back. She can help! The other lady in the office, Cindy, has a fiancée Fred who operates, as it turns out, a local restoration shop (Garcia’s Restorations). Fred’s shop is about 3 miles away from the truckstop, and can store the cars if the driver will bring them over. As a backup plan the only truck they have immediately available is an open car hauler, and they can send this to the truck stop if necessary. Okay, at least we’re getting somewhere…

I call the driver. He again says he is on fumes and cannot drive 3 miles, and has no money. OK, on to Plan B.

I call back Passport. I suggest that Fred take some cash over to the driver to fill up his tank, to make it the 3 miles. Of course they are reluctant. Hell, they don’t even know me!?! OK, they agree.

Fred calls the driver. There is a mistake in locations. The truckstop is 50 miles from Fred’s place, not 3 miles. However, this means the cars are actually in St. Louis and not in South America!!! The driver says that because of this mixup this must mean Fred is out. Fred says No Way, he had promised some guy in CA that he would get these cars safe and dammit that’s what was going to happen. God love him. With this change in distance it is now closer to drop off the cars at the Passport depot, rather than Fred’s. Sounds OK to me.

Agonizing hours go by…

The driver calls. He says the cars and motor are all safe at the Passport depot! Un-freaking-believable. You know, I truly believe this driver was OK after all. He says one other strange thing – he says he filled up his tank for this trip. What?!? I wanted to ask a million questions, but I was just too drained…

At the same time Fred calls. He says the cars are safe. You know, its after 8pm his time and he has gone out of his way for me, a guy he has never and likely will never meet; the fiancée of the lady in the office. Cool. Relieved, I ask him about the gas thing? He also says he has no idea, since that was the whole reason he was involved in the first place! He says that the driver said he did it because he wanted to show me that he was not like the other people at the company. A very nice gesture, for sure, but a little confusing…

One last moment of concern. After I hang up my wife asks if the depot is locked, or is enclosed. She asks if Fred even got the right cars! Dammit, she’s ruining my buzz, but she’s right. I call back Fred.

Fred says the depot is secure. He says the cars are all OK, and describes them in enough detail that I know they are right. In one passing shot he casually says ‘Yeah, one has a 6-cylinder…’, pauses, then says ‘Gotcha!’. Turns out Fred used to own a Hemicuda, that he sold to Reggie Jackson, so he knows cars from cars. OK, I can breathe easy now. Whew… I congratulate Fred on his future wedding plans, and he laughs, wondering who in the world doesn’t know he’s getting married!

END (hopefully !)
I can’t say I know exactly what was happing to that company, but I can say that in my desperate situation everybody, I mean everybody, stepped up to help as much (even more) than they possibly could. The ‘Missing’ ’71 Hemicuda convert and two of his Hemi buddies went MIA again for nearly 2 weeks, but were now safely under control thanks to these people. That is why I say it is the people, not the cars, that make this hobby great!

- Wade

Xplantdad
02-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Holy cow...what a read! And another cool car too boot! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif

bashton
02-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Gee...and I was wondering why he was hesitant to ship cars. lol

What an amazing turn of events and incredible story.

And...another reason to make sure you make it to MCACN 2011!

Many thanks to Wade for agreeing to join us for our &quot;Class of 1971&quot; Invitational display with this amazing piece of Hemi history.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

vicki.ashton
03-03-2011, 11:05 PM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Darren Costello will be heading up the L78 Display with his 1970 Camaro SS 396 L78</span>
http://www.mcacn.com/images/costello.JPG
Thank You Darren!

vicki.ashton
03-03-2011, 11:09 PM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Scott Dunlap will have his 1981 Camaro displayed and judged in the Vintage Certification Display by Steve Shauger and his team of judges</span>
http://www.mcacn.com/images/dunlapvintagecert.jpg

mockingbird812
03-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Darren is a Good choice! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

mockingbird812
03-03-2011, 11:54 PM
'71 cuda cover shot is at B dubs' house. Bill was relentless on his pursuit of this car. He pulled ALL <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif of the stops out to find this baby. Cool-cool story.- <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

vicki.ashton
03-12-2011, 05:50 PM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Greg Matarrese will be showing this L78 1970 Camaro in the L78 Display</span>

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/197750_182481588462435_142314395812488_429998_3113 614_n.jpg

vicki.ashton
03-12-2011, 05:53 PM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Scott Kiehne will be showing his 1970 Camaro L78 with a FRESH Resto....Cant show a pic yet as it is still under construction! Another addition to the L78 Display</span>

vicki.ashton
03-12-2011, 05:57 PM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Kenn Funk will have this 1971 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler in the Class of 1971 Display</span>

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/183036_184259558284638_142314395812488_440622_6885 350_n.jpg

bashton
03-20-2011, 08:25 PM
Class of 1971;

Hemi Cuda Convertibles; check (yes...that is with an s!)
Torino Cobra 429 CJ; check
GTO HO 455; check
Cyclone Spoiler 429; check
Hemi Cuda hardtop; check
Olds 442 W-30 Convertibe; check
GTO Judge convertible; check
Olds 442 W-30 hardtop; check
Hemi Roadrunners; check
Charger R/T; check
LS6 Corvettes; check

Can you help us check any other &quot;Top Dawgs&quot; off our want list?

This is going to be another mind-blower!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

vicki.ashton
04-28-2011, 03:30 PM
Sorry it has been a while since I updated this...Thank You to all the folks who send in an application to me early. It makes my life oh so much easier:) I would post the little bow-ing smiley but I dont see him up there any longer.

vicki.ashton
04-28-2011, 03:32 PM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Ricky Greer with his 1971 Plymouth Hemi Roadrunner will be in our Class of 1971 Invitational Display</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/ffa95b5a.jpg

vicki.ashton
04-28-2011, 03:40 PM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Tom Marcucci will be in our Corvette Central Triple Diamond Competition with this 1969 Chevrolet Corvette</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/b5bdb454.jpg

vicki.ashton
04-28-2011, 03:44 PM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">New Display for 2011, the Midget Racers!! We will have midget race cars on display from Gregg Kishline (pictured below) and also Mike Guarise and Colin Comer!</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/8b2243df.jpg

vicki.ashton
04-28-2011, 03:51 PM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Roger Day will have this 1969 Chevrolet COPO Dick Harrell Chevelle on display too!</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/fd1b08a9.jpg

vicki.ashton
04-28-2011, 03:54 PM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Brian Scoles will be showing this 1971 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/47d0757b.jpg

vicki.ashton
04-28-2011, 03:57 PM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Jack Duer will be showing this 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/1b138629.jpg

vicki.ashton
04-28-2011, 04:10 PM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Kurt Hofbauer will also be showing a Nova at MCACN 2011</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/d23bdd12.jpg

vicki.ashton
04-28-2011, 04:18 PM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Harry Pluta will have a 1967 Pontiac Grand Prix at the show...</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/0c8814f6.jpg

vicki.ashton
04-28-2011, 04:25 PM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Curt Biro with his 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle will be at the 2011 FNBNY MCACN Show...</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/22017434.jpg

vicki.ashton
04-28-2011, 04:32 PM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Mark Lenhard will be showing his 1970 Chevrolet Camaro SS</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/bcb60b3c.jpg

PS. This photo was sent this size...When you apply, send me great pics, so I can show off your cars!!!!

vicki.ashton
04-28-2011, 04:35 PM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">and Richard Perniciaro will be showing his 1970 Chevrolet Camaro L78</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/d05050b8.jpg

vicki.ashton
04-28-2011, 04:41 PM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Bruce Bartie will have this 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner there too!</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/e4421d47.jpg

vicki.ashton
04-29-2011, 01:22 AM
OOPS, I forgot to mention, Tom Marcuccis Corvette is the LAST L-88 Roadster!

vicki.ashton
04-29-2011, 01:26 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Here is a photo of the Moss half &quot;Midjet&quot; which will be displayed by Mike Guarise in the Midget Racer display. Who is that hot shoe??</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/42497283.jpg

Charley Lillard
04-29-2011, 01:47 AM
Fits him like a glove.

Xplantdad
04-29-2011, 02:01 AM
Is that Gags? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif

bashton
04-29-2011, 02:46 AM
I will refrain from any politically incorrect commentary! lol

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

ORIGLS6
05-01-2011, 05:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vicki.ashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/42497283.jpg </div></div>

My new screensaver!!!!!!!

Lookin Good Bob! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif

Belair62
05-01-2011, 04:11 PM
The video is even better. Damn thing is fast.

Charley Lillard
05-01-2011, 04:13 PM
The little prick is alive !!!

Xplantdad
05-01-2011, 05:12 PM
I wanna see the video!

vicki.ashton
07-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Just checking in to update the &quot;sneak peek&quot; of entries for the 2011 FNBNY Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals Show...

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/252857_202265169817410_142314395812488_559875_5750 891_n.jpg

FNBNY MCACN is thrilled to announce that CSX3049, one of the original 29 factory 427 S/C Cobras ever built, will be featured in our Shelby Snakepit display. WIth just 8,000 original miles, CSX3049 will offer MCACN attendees a rare opportunity to see a real S/C in the flesh, not to mention one of the finest examples in existence. Thanks to noted Shelby expert and author Colin Comer who will be hosting the Shelby Snakepit.

vicki.ashton
07-13-2011, 10:03 PM
and for the L78 Display, owned by Craig &amp; Lynn Schulte this 1970 Camaro L78

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/fbf8c15c.jpg

vicki.ashton
07-13-2011, 10:12 PM
and with the Dan Vasic Chevelle Group, owned by Gary Steinkeliner, this 1970 LS6 Chevelle

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/0dad3850.jpg

vicki.ashton
07-13-2011, 10:38 PM
and this 1969 Trans Am Ram Air III automatic owned by Denny Sullivan. Denny tells us the car scored 998 at POCI and the issues that caused two single point deductions at the POCI have been corrected for the 2011 MCACN Show

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/5a56868c.jpg

vicki.ashton
07-19-2011, 08:13 PM
Just a friendly reminder that you are not &quot;in the show&quot; until you get a letter confirming it in the mail sent by MCACN. I know many of you email Bob and discuss your intention to participate, however when the floor plan is assigned no one who isnt registered in the computer gets a spot assigned to them. (we dont want this to happen to you) Although Bob is the show manager he doesnt handle actual registrations, if the show staff, office staff and move in crew doesnt know about your participation in the show, I promise you, move in day wont be fun or easy.

<span style="font-weight: bold">If you intend to have your show car in the 2011 FNBNY MCACN Show, please let me know and I can assist you in completing the registration process. Thanks!!</span>

Email me at musclecarandcorvettenationals@gmail.com (mailto:musclecarandcorvettenationals@gmail.com) Thanks!

vicki.ashton
07-20-2011, 03:11 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Rodney Chapman will be showing his 1971 Plymouth Duster named DustAAR</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/ba2da7c9.jpg

<span style="font-size: 14pt">Have you noticed there are a lot more Mopars this year?? </span>

vicki.ashton
07-20-2011, 03:14 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Mark Fordon will be bringing a 1970 442 Indianapolis 500 Pace Car</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/573fb7d2.jpg

vicki.ashton
07-20-2011, 03:19 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">William Nichols will be seeking after the coveted Corvette Central Triple Diamond Crystal Award with this 1963 Corvette Sting Ray</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/df4b1216.jpg

vicki.ashton
07-20-2011, 03:47 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt"> Richard Morgante will be in contention for the Corvette Central Triple Diamond Award with this 1967 Corvette</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/e5c46d2e.jpg

vicki.ashton
07-20-2011, 03:53 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">And finally tonight we present the &quot;Coralsnake&quot; which will be shown in our Shelby Snakepit by Peter Disher. </span>

http://www.thecoralsnake.com/s33cs.JPG

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><a href="http://www.thecoralsnake.com/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
Be sure to visit Peters CoralSnake website </a></span>

TimG
08-25-2011, 11:34 PM
I saw CSX 3049 at Road America in July and Colin finally got tired of me looking at it and covered it up. He doesn't know that I was sitting in it with the cover on.

mockingbird812
08-25-2011, 11:39 PM
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif

ORIGLS6
08-30-2011, 04:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vicki.ashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know many of you email Bob and discuss your intention to participate, ............. Although Bob is the show manager he doesnt handle actual registrations, if the show staff, office staff and move in crew doesnt know about your participation in the show, I promise you, move in day wont be fun or easy.
</div></div>

I've sent Bob a couple of notes but he hasn't replied. I guess he doesn't like me. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/cry.gif

Too bad Bobby; I'm comin' anyway! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

SmallHurst
08-30-2011, 05:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORIGLS6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vicki.ashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know many of you email Bob and discuss your intention to participate, ............. Although Bob is the show manager he doesnt handle actual registrations, if the show staff, office staff and move in crew doesnt know about your participation in the show, I promise you, move in day wont be fun or easy.
</div></div>

I've sent Bob a couple of notes but he hasn't replied. I guess he doesn't like me. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/cry.gif

Too bad Bobby; I'm comin' anyway! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif </div></div>

.... and you don't want to call me!!!! Maybe I should take the hint. (By the way, he will talk to me!!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif)

bashton
08-30-2011, 06:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORIGLS6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vicki.ashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know many of you email Bob and discuss your intention to participate, ............. Although Bob is the show manager he doesnt handle actual registrations, if the show staff, office staff and move in crew doesnt know about your participation in the show, I promise you, move in day wont be fun or easy.
</div></div>

Too bad Bobby; I'm comin' anyway! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif </div></div>

Not sure where you are sending them, Dennis, cuz I aint getting 'em!

Try [email protected]

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

ORIGLS6
08-31-2011, 05:58 AM
O tay. Dijagetitjet? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

bashton
08-31-2011, 04:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORIGLS6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">O tay. Dijagetitjet? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif </div></div>

Yepper;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

vicki.ashton
09-10-2011, 02:45 AM
Its been a crazy summer, sorry for the update delays...

<span style="font-size: 14pt">Basil Ryan will be showing his 1968 Chevrolet RS/SS Camaro </span> http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/43730ebf.jpg

vicki.ashton
09-10-2011, 02:48 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Davis Nelsen will have his 1968 Corvette in our Triple Diamond Gallery</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/0c062d97.jpg

vicki.ashton
09-10-2011, 02:50 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Mike Drumm will be showing off his pearl white 1976 Corvette at the show</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/69d40ae3.jpg

vicki.ashton
09-10-2011, 02:53 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Randy Fricke will have his 1970 LS6 Chevelle at the MCACN Show</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/b21aad71.jpg

vicki.ashton
09-10-2011, 02:56 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">sYc Member Grady Burch will be displaying his 1969 COPO Chevelle Malibu</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/12c842b8.jpg

vicki.ashton
09-10-2011, 02:59 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">sYc Member Jamie Jarvis will be showing this 1955 Chevrolet 210 Gasser....lets go racin!</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/556771c4.jpg

vicki.ashton
09-10-2011, 03:02 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">In our invitational ZL-1 Display Jeff Murphy will have his 1969 Camaro ZL-1 # 49</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/bab060f4.jpg

vicki.ashton
09-10-2011, 03:04 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">George Jenkins will join the Mopars with this 1968 Barracuda! </span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/7cbd19aa.jpg

vicki.ashton
09-10-2011, 03:06 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Rob Anderson will be a part of a special GTO Judge Display with this 1970</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/c14d6df0.jpg

vicki.ashton
09-10-2011, 03:11 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Harold East will be bringing this 1971 Roadrunner- This is not an Illinois car so it will be First Time Shown in Chicagoland</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/2ca54d7c.jpg

vicki.ashton
09-10-2011, 03:13 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">and another First Time Shown in Chicagoland, this 1968 Camaro RS/SS owned by Keith Morsell</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/a8165ac9.jpg

vicki.ashton
09-10-2011, 03:18 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Curt Biro will present this 1970 LS6 Chevelle, recently discovered, this car has been parked since the 70's. We LOVE those unrestored Day 2 cars!</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/c027c7a1.jpg

vicki.ashton
09-10-2011, 03:22 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Stuart Goldman will be having his 1983 Camaro Z28 inspected by our Vintage Certification team. Unrestored Original Cars are a special treat!</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/03b1d676.jpg

vicki.ashton
09-10-2011, 03:27 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Since its the 50th anniversary of cars built in 1961, how about a 1961 Pontiac Ventura owned by Jerry Papesh? This one reminds me of some family vacations I took a long time ago</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/f711a394.jpg

vicki.ashton
09-10-2011, 03:35 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">This one is a great Then and Now Car... Bruce Eilenberger with a 1969 COPO Camaro Then...</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/eb8b64d3.jpg

and Now at the 2011 FNBNY MCACN Show...

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/bb33a4f1.jpg

vicki.ashton
09-10-2011, 03:37 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">and Jeff Brost with this 1969 JL-8 Camaro</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/13e76407.jpg

vicki.ashton
09-10-2011, 03:39 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Tom Kusmiesz will have this 1968 COPO Nova in our COPO display!</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/196d5017.jpg

vicki.ashton
09-10-2011, 03:44 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">and finally tonight the Dodge Diamante Concept Car owned and shown by Steve Juliano. Read more about this awesome car on our blog (http://musclecarandcorvettenationals.blogspot.com/2011/09/diamante-worlds-most-valuable-hemi.html)</span>

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TcYHIwZYurM/Tl_667z7AhI/AAAAAAAAAsw/Y2mvBd2wG50/s400/STEVEscan.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gUJiAhzc5hs/TmAA50KjdhI/AAAAAAAAAs4/MbzepXD0u2c/s400/STEVEscan2.jpg

Charley Lillard
09-10-2011, 03:49 AM
That car alone is worth the trip.

Xplantdad
09-10-2011, 04:15 AM
All of those cars are awesome...It's going to be another great show!!!
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif

bashton
09-11-2011, 04:20 PM
<span style="font-style: italic"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vicki.ashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-size: 14pt">Davis Nelsen will have his 1968 Corvette in our Triple Diamond Gallery</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/0c062d97.jpg </div></div>

Make that 1968 <span style="font-weight: bold">L88</span> Corvette!</span>

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

vicki.ashton
09-14-2011, 03:26 AM
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/b43bb60f.jpg

<span style="font-size: 14pt">Diane and Greg Haliday (from New Zealand) and Ralph Ridge have this stunning 1958 Corvette registered for Triple Diamond Contention at the show!</span>

vicki.ashton
09-14-2011, 03:31 AM
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/b90168fe.jpg

<span style="font-size: 14pt">And another gorgeous Corvette coming to the show for a Triple Diamond award is this 1978 Corvette Pace Car owned by Dominic Rossi</span>

vicki.ashton
09-14-2011, 03:41 AM
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/7f25b8dd.jpg

<span style="font-size: 14pt">How about a 1990 Camaro IROC Z28 owned by Dean Casmer? At the FNBNY Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals we do limit the number of show cars newer than 1980. This is a great example of a unique modern muscle car that we are proud to have in the show</span>

vicki.ashton
09-14-2011, 03:47 AM
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/79767399.jpg

<span style="font-size: 14pt">We are extremely excited to announce that sYc member Steve Segal will be joining us with his incredible Day 2 1970 Hemi Charger RT/SE</span>

njsteve
09-15-2011, 02:55 AM
Looks like I'll be trailering her out there behind the old suburban. Got the hotel reservations all set. Just cant swing all that $$$$ for airfare and Reliable.

Anyone else going to be trailering from the NJ area or 1-80 through PA, Ohio, Indiana...?

Alss
09-16-2011, 01:41 AM
Steve I'm going out on thursday AM..

njsteve
09-16-2011, 02:31 AM
With that duramax of yours you can drive straight through at speed. My lowly 6.5 GM diesel needs a couple day head start. I remember trying to follow you up hills when we returned from Musclepalooza a few years ago. I lost sight of you after the third hill. How about hooking a tow rope from your rig to mine. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

Bump Drafting anyone?

bashton
09-19-2011, 06:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like I'll be trailering her out there behind the old suburban. Got the hotel reservations all set. Just cant swing all that $$$$ for airfare and Reliable.

Anyone else going to be trailering from the NJ area or 1-80 through PA, Ohio, Indiana...? </div></div>

Perhaps a Vintage Suburban Showcase is in order? lol

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

SS427
09-19-2011, 08:49 PM
Ken Barnhart will be bringing his........ <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

ORIGLS6
09-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Nope. Bill maybe. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

vicki.ashton
09-30-2011, 01:37 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">and Kerry Larson with a 1969 Chevy Camaro Convertible</span>
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/95ccef4c.jpg

vicki.ashton
09-30-2011, 01:40 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">and JW and Angela Hames with a 1970 Plymouth Superbird</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/9d4b49b4.jpg

vicki.ashton
09-30-2011, 01:51 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">and Stephan Locker with a 1971 Pontiac GTO in our Class of 1971 Display</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/b0686204.jpg

vicki.ashton
09-30-2011, 01:59 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">and Ron Brundies with a 1971 Heavy Chevy for the Class of 1971</span>

http://www.mcacn.com/images/brundies.jpg

bashton
09-30-2011, 03:22 AM
You will find the above '71 GTO (455 HO) and the '71 Heavy Chevy, (a 402 4-speed) on the cover of an upcoming issue of Muscle Car Review, along with three other &quot;Class of 1971&quot; Invitational cars in a very special feature shot by our good friend Arvid Svenson.

These cars will be in a special display presented by Muscle Car Review magazine, as part of our &quot;Class of 1971&quot; Invitational display, Sponsored by The Wellborn Muscle Car Museum.

Whew!!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

vicki.ashton
09-30-2011, 03:51 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">and Len and Linda Perhams 1969 ZL-1 Camaro #6 (Silver with black interior / column shift automatic / all original numbers matching )
which will be in our 1969 Camaro ZL-1 Display.</span>
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/192a045e.jpg

vicki.ashton
09-30-2011, 03:56 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Linda &amp; Len Perham will also be bringing this 1966 Shelby GT350 Convertible SFM6S2377. It is one of 4 built and the only red / 4-speed with A/C. The is fresh from a full restoration finished a year ago. See it at MCACN III in the Shelby Snakepit</span>
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/f3a3f65f.jpg

vicki.ashton
09-30-2011, 04:09 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">While we are on the subject of the Shelby Snakepit and Linda and Len Perham, we must mention they are bringing the 1964 Shelby Cobra Dragonsnake CSX2472. It has over 1200 trophies to it's racing history. Oddly all of them for road racing, auto crossing, and hill climbing. Its gonna be an amazing Snakepit this year!</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/09fe09fa.jpg

<span style="font-size: 14pt">I would love to show you the photo of the 1966 Shelby GT350 SFM6S001 they are also bringing. The only car built with pony interior and a blue vinyl top, but the car is being restored as we speak and you will see it fresh from restoration at MCACN III</span>

vicki.ashton
10-02-2011, 02:32 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">and sYc Member Ken Barnhart with the # 16 1969 Camaro ZL-1</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/6ac3a0ab.jpg

<span style="font-size: 14pt">See it in the 1969 Camaro ZL-1 Display at MCACN III</span>

vicki.ashton
10-02-2011, 02:36 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">and in Mopar Alley (sponsored by Mopar Collectors Guide) we have Brian Nix with this 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/e3b64f18.jpg

vicki.ashton
10-02-2011, 02:41 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">and Dean Govostis will be bringing this 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A for our T/A Reunion Display</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/c6f92fc0.jpg

vicki.ashton
10-02-2011, 02:43 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Don Curtes will be in our Triple Diamond Display with this 1956 Corvette</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/1168c545.jpg

vicki.ashton
10-02-2011, 02:48 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Another one for Mopar Alley is this 1968 Charger R/T owned by Rick Ratajczak</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/e36e498c.jpg

vicki.ashton
10-02-2011, 02:59 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">and for our Class of 1971 (Sponsored by the Wellborn Muscle Car Museum) this 1971 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler owned by John and Janette Grafelman</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2ae1ddcb.jpg

vicki.ashton
10-02-2011, 03:08 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">See this one off GT 500 Convertible unveiled saturday Morning at MCACN III (after an extensive restoration) This is one of four cars presented by the Styles Collection</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/d0085ae7.jpg

<span style="font-size: 14pt">This is THE car in that ad!!</span>

vicki.ashton
10-02-2011, 03:21 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">and John and Peggy Sieffert with a 1964 Pontiac Grand Prix</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/3eefebe8.jpg

vicki.ashton
10-02-2011, 03:25 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Runn &amp; Janet VanCamp will be showing their 1967 Pontiac GTO</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/a2b1a5a8.jpg

vicki.ashton
10-02-2011, 03:29 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">and Mitch Lelito with this Dodge Challenger T/A</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/0e0bb58b.jpg

vicki.ashton
10-02-2011, 03:40 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">The Wellborn Muscle Car Museum (http://wellbornmusclecarmuseum.com/) sponsors the Class of 1971 at MCACN III. The Museum will be providing these three 1971 Dodge Chargers. This group includes the very first 71 Hemi Charger and the very last 71 Hemi Charger</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/5720dba2.jpg

<span style="font-size: 14pt">Dont forget about the 40th Anniversary Celebration (http://wellbornmusclecarmuseum.com/index.php/about/40th-anniversary-celebration/) of the Dodge Charger taking place at the Museum Oct 14-15, 2011. </span>

olredalert
10-02-2011, 07:20 PM
-----I am almost certain that this beautiful 64 GP was owned by Al Maynard before the Siefferts. If not it is an identical twin. It was one of the last cars Al was able to sell and was sold at Mecum Indy last spring. The Siefferts would be the third owners and Ill bet they love it as its a gorgeous, low mile 4-spd, tri-power, 421 GP........Bill S

bashton
10-03-2011, 03:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: olredalert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">-----I am almost certain that this beautiful 64 GP was owned by Al Maynard before the Siefferts. If not it is an identical twin. It was one of the last cars Al was able to sell and was sold at Mecum Indy last spring. The Siefferts would be the third owners and Ill bet they love it as its a gorgeous, low mile 4-spd, tri-power, 421 GP........Bill S </div></div>

That's the one; indeed a top-notch automobile.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

vicki.ashton
10-18-2011, 03:41 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">I just want to mention that we are very close to being sold out. If you have not submitted an application and received a confirmation letter, there is a good chance we will not have a spot for you on the show floor. (Not trying to sound crabby just being honest) Many folks email Bob and think they are registered by doing so, but Bob gets hundreds of emails each day and without the commitment of a registration form we dont hold spots (in our experience people who cannot commit by sending a registration form typically dont show up for the show) SO, if you think you are registered, but you didnt get a letter from our office confirming your registration, PLEASE email asap at musclecarandcorvettenationals@gmail.com (mailto:musclecarandcorvettenationals@gmail.com) so that I may assist you in getting registered officially. Again, having a conversation with Bob by email about your interest in the show does not constitute being registered.

Thanks for reading my rant...and now on to listing more gorgeous cars that will be in the show <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif </span>

vicki.ashton
10-18-2011, 03:43 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Michelle Marceau &amp; Michael R. DiFate will have this 1966 Corvette in our Corvette Central Triple Diamond Gallery</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/273b9233.jpg

vicki.ashton
10-18-2011, 03:47 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Lee Harris will be showing his 1966 Corvette in the Corvette Central Triple Diamond Gallery as well, so many lovely Corvettes!</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/fcc3b241.jpg

vicki.ashton
10-18-2011, 03:50 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Mike Maggio with a Mopar, a 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner will be joining us too!</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/9865a556.jpg

vicki.ashton
10-18-2011, 03:54 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Here is a 1970 Olds Cutlass W-31 owned by Jim McKeague </span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/3e90efed.jpg

vicki.ashton
10-18-2011, 04:01 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">and for our 2011 MCACN ZL-1 Display the # 12 ZL-1 Owned by Eddie Martin</span>

http://www.mcacn.com/images/zl1.jpg

vicki.ashton
10-18-2011, 04:06 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Tim Burton will be joining us with this 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge. It will be a part of a special gathering of GTO Judges!</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/afa1c8f3.jpg

vicki.ashton
10-18-2011, 04:12 AM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">In our Vintage Certification Display for unrestored originals will be Jason Ayers with this 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/12c0da81.jpg

SmallHurst
10-18-2011, 11:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vicki.ashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-size: 14pt">Tim Burton will be joining us with this 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge. It will be a part of a special gathering of GTO Judges!</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/afa1c8f3.jpg </div></div>A special gathering of Judges? Is it like a supreme court?

bashton
10-19-2011, 03:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmallHurst</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vicki.ashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-size: 14pt">Tim Burton will be joining us with this 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge. It will be a part of a special gathering of GTO Judges!</span>

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/MCACN/2011%20Preview/afa1c8f3.jpg </div></div>A special gathering of Judges? Is it like a supreme court? </div></div>

Darn Right!!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

vicki.ashton
11-05-2011, 08:06 AM
For Registered MCACN Exhibitors: All move in packets and move in credentials have been mailed. If you believe you are registered but have not received move in credentials, please email me at musclecarandcorvettenationals@gmail.com (mailto:musclecarandcorvettenationals@gmail.com) DO NOT EMAIL BOB, he is pretty busy right now and there is a good chance he wont pass the info along to the office staff. The office staff will make sure you get your move in credentials, tickets, signage at the show etc, so be sure you email me rather than Bob, Thanks!

njsteve
11-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Got mine yesterday. Thanks! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Xplantdad
11-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Vicki...I can bet that you are busy as well! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

Alss
11-10-2011, 12:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got mine yesterday. Thanks! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif </div></div>

still waiting on mine <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif

njsteve
11-10-2011, 01:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alss</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got mine yesterday. Thanks! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif </div></div>

still waiting on mine <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif </div></div>

I think there's a quota on the amount of Joysey people they allow past the Pennsylvania border. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

Alss
11-10-2011, 02:12 AM
and I got a truck full!!