PDA

View Full Version : Jack LaLanne, the fitness guru....gone at age 96

Postsedan
01-24-2011, 04:59 AM
Jack LaLanne, the fitness guru dies at age 96. RIP Jack.
Staying fits pay off <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Dan

JoeG
01-24-2011, 08:14 AM
Last time I saw him promoting his juicer on TV...I think he was in his late 80's...........He was still knockin'off situps and push ups...........

He had to have been first intoduced on TV over 50 years ago....

Kim_Howie
01-24-2011, 04:26 PM
I have one of his juicers it works so well I quit using it. RIP Jack

ChevyThunder
01-25-2011, 11:14 AM
He used to have a show locally on the old UHF channel . He completed many incredible acts of endurance. One year he swam from Alcatraz to Fisherman's Warf in San Francisco while handcuffed!
R.I.P. Jack

x Baldwin Motion
01-25-2011, 07:07 PM
When he was 94, Jack was asked if he thought he'd live to be 100. His answer was to the point. &quot;I don't care how old I live! I just want to be living while I am living! I have friends who are in their 80s, and now they're in wheelchairs or they're getting Alzheimer's. Who wants that? I want to be able to do things. I want to look good. I don't want to be a drudge on my wife and kids. And I want to get my message out to people.&quot; He smiled. &quot;I tell people, <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">I can't afford to die. It would wreck my image.&quot;</span></span></span>

WILMASBOYL78
01-26-2011, 12:44 AM
My buddy Mart reminds me of Jack, he is 83 and looks 65...he is my hero <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif

His motto is &quot;I don't want to rust out..I wan't to wear out!&quot;

Thought that would fit with this crowd...

The pic attached was taken at about 6am one morning in early July this past summer, we were fishing at the camp. I cherish the time we spend together.

wilma <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff433/WILMASBOYL78/IMG_1640.jpg

mockingbird812
01-26-2011, 01:16 AM
I 'spect your buddy doesn't take much crap from anyone! Looks tuff!!!!!

WILMASBOYL78
01-26-2011, 01:39 AM
He's no daisy...that's for sure!!

Mart was a paratrooper in the 11th Airborne...end of WW2. Also worked for the US Forest Service and was a Forest Ranger in NY. Later on he ran a large private preserve along with doing private forestry for Adirondack landowners. He is a crack shot, good fisherman, fine woodsman, naturalist and a great friend. He is my hero..despite what Tibor thinks <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif