PDA

View Full Version : News from NIckey

Stefano
03-12-2011, 06:11 PM
News from Nickey Chicago

Nickey Chicago, Inc. will continue to build and sell cool super cars in 2011 and beyond.

We have built 40 5th Generation Super Camaros and some very cool Vintage Continuation cars. We are very proud of the results.

We have our first convertible 2011 Camaro in for conversion and have 10 other builds in progress.

We also continue to work on our Fred Gibb project. Now that GM will make the ZL1 Camaro for 2012 we will be able to build the additional 49 commemorative Gibb editions, under the license with the Gibb Family.

We are planning to swap out the 376ci LS engine long block and replace it with a true LS7 427 with upgraded internals. There will be more to come on this project later.

MCACN is also doing well and will continue to get better on many levels, especially with the help and support of the sYc as well as other loyal enthusiasts.

I have decided to make some changes for 2011 in regards to the way we will run our business. My business plan always included getting the Nickey marque and name back with a key Chevrolet dealership.

The initial delays in the releasing the new 5th generation Camaros, GM’s financial troubles as well as all the dealer issues, amongst other things, have served to delay this objective. I have decided to invest much more time this year trying to accomplish this goal.

Collector car auctions have been an important part of our business long before the internet and TV coverage. Many of our long time customers as well as new ones coming into the hobby are going directly to auctions in order to find the cars they seek.

I have stepped up my role as a consignment agent for Mecum Auctions. Dana and I have worked together for more than two decades, in an unofficial and informal capacity. Due to Mecum’s tremendous growth curve, we have decided to formalize our relationship in order to help Mecum Auction acquire the very best consignment vehicles, as well as work on special collections and/or projects.

The lineup for Indy Auction is simply incredible. It will be a historic, must attend event!

We have already booked many significant cars, owned by members for this auction, including; Mike Guarise’s Nickey Collection, Red Alert, Don Stower’s world class 1969 Yenko Camaro, an original engine Douglass Yenko…etc…the list is extensive.

Mecum will also be expanding their auction venues for 2011. I will keep everyone up to date as soon as things are set.

Thank you for your continued support.

Regards,
Stefano Bimbi

mockingbird812
03-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Congratulations Stefano. I am sure you will make a positive difference at Mecum. Go get 'em!!

70 Forest Green Zee
03-12-2011, 08:32 PM
The Mecum organization is already a first class outfit as I found out first hand this past Sept at the St Charles auction. Having you and your crew Steve now formally on board can only make them even better. The list of consignment cars for Indy is already quite incredible with still two months to go. As busy as you are Steve, I hope you can make some time to visit some of the local cruises this summer....I can't wait to see the first Nickey Camaro convertable!!!

enio45
03-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Stefano - congrats on the new venture.....

John
03-14-2011, 08:26 PM
I have been to the Mecum auctions in Florida.... and they are "Top Notch" and with you joining them it will be a great boost to both of you.
...Good luck with your new partnership! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/youguysrock.gif