PDA

View Full Version : An Amazing 70 Chevelle Display for MCACN III

bashton
05-12-2011, 07:58 PM
You gotta love teamwork!

We have yet another super cool display for the 2011 FNBNY Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals show.

Here is the story, as it unfolded;

Dan Vasic called me to say he has an awesome '70 Chevelle that the owner would like to show. This black on black no stripe beauty was formerly owned by Reggie Jackson, and Dan is doing some work on it to bring it to the highest standards. Of course, I say YES, and this opens up a new door. A bit later, I find out Dan knows of another outstanding '70 Chevelle SS, also black, that wants to join us. "Cool...what about putting these cars side by side?" I say. Dan agrees, and we're off and running.

Next, Dan talks to Rick Nelson, owner of Muscle Car Restoration and Design, one of our newest sponsors, and he mentions that he also has a black '70 Chevelle and the owner want's to show his car. Whew...what are the chances?

I know what you're thinkig..."What about Original Owner and long time MCACN supporter Dennis Cumby? YEP; he's in!

So...be ready to see FOUR outstanding 1970 Black Chevelle SS's at the show this year in a very special display.

THANKS go out to Dan, Rick, Dennis and of course, the other owners of these cars.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

bashton
05-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Anyone out there own or know of a nice Black LS6 Convertible?

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Postsedan
05-13-2011, 01:30 AM
Yes, Indeed! When was the last time you saw four, yes FOUR - 1970 Black LS6 Chevelle`s parked Side by Side?

The other Black LS6 belongs to a client of Chris White. Chris feel free to jump in and tell us more about this Black LS6.

The other 2 Chevelle`s that will be along side the 4 - Black LS6`s are; Another Gold LS6 owned by Gary Steinkellner and a Cranberry Red SS396, which the owner wishes to be kept private.

Bob, I love your idea of adding a Black LS6 Convertible to this talented list <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Dan

Xplantdad
05-13-2011, 06:46 AM
Sounds like some serious SS's in attendance! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif

thehornworks
05-20-2011, 01:54 AM
All signed up. Can't wait. gary

http://s853.photobucket.com/albums/ab94/thehornworks/?albumview=slideshow

Xplantdad
05-20-2011, 03:43 AM
WOW...Very Nice Gary!

SS427
05-20-2011, 04:39 PM
It will be nice to see that car in person. Very nice! Those horns better be perfect! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

bashton
05-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Recieved a couple entries from AZ this week for this display!

Thanks Guys;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Postsedan
06-24-2011, 02:40 AM
Just received confirmation that Brain Dejongh from South Dakota is bringing his extremly rare and documented 1970 L89 Chevelle.

Brian we are all excited to meet you and your awesome L89 Chevelle <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v677/Postsedan/Postsedan2011/133.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v677/Postsedan/Postsedan2011/134.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v677/Postsedan/Postsedan2011/130.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v677/Postsedan/Postsedan2011/131.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v677/Postsedan/Postsedan2011/132.jpg

Dan

Postsedan
06-24-2011, 02:43 AM
Just received confirmation that Randy Fricke is bringing his 9K mile Black LS6.

This is getting exciting!

Dan

Postsedan
06-24-2011, 02:57 AM
1970 Chevelle Display - In attendance....

Gary Steinkellner`s Autumn Gold LS6
Brain Dejongh`s Autumn Gold L89
Dennis Cumby`s Black LS6 (Original Owner)
Randy Fricke`s Black LS6
Private Owner - Black LS6
Private Owner - Cranberry Red L34

Dan

Xplantdad
06-24-2011, 03:06 AM
Neat stuff! I saw the posts on Team Chevelle about the L89 Chevelle!

SmallHurst
07-01-2011, 02:52 AM
I can't believe that no one has stated the 4 black cars to start it off.......

<span style="font-weight: bold">BACK IN BLACK!!!!!!</span>

Xplantdad
07-01-2011, 05:44 AM
AC/DC... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif <span style="font-weight: bold">(<span style="text-decoration: underline">A</span> <span style="text-decoration: underline">C</span>hevelle <span style="text-decoration: underline">D</span>eux <span style="text-decoration: underline">C</span>hevelles?) </span> <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

bashton
08-31-2011, 04:27 PM
What do you guys think about adding a real-deal, as found in the garage since being put away in the 70's LS6 Chevelle, complete with Cragar SS/T's, air shocks and other period perfect goodies to the mix, complete with the 70's &quot;as found&quot; coating? (Remember that '67 Corvette we had in the show last year?)

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Xplantdad
08-31-2011, 04:43 PM
Is this Curt's car? I think it would be great!

SS427
08-31-2011, 04:48 PM
Yeah, that'd be cool. Now all I need to do is find the time to go look at it!

ORIGLS6
08-31-2011, 05:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you guys think about adding a real-deal, as found in the garage since being put away in the 70's LS6 Chevelle, complete with Cragar SS/T's, air shocks and other period perfect goodies to the mix, complete with the 70's &quot;as found&quot; coating? (Remember that '67 Corvette we had in the show last year?)

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member </div></div>

This is fast becoming my favorite kind of car. No disrespect to the frame-off/nut &amp; bolt restorations, and especially the 'in-progress' restorations, ..... but the &quot;as found&quot; factor really lets these cars tell their story. I'll be all over this car. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif

bashton
09-07-2011, 03:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xplantdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this Curt's car? I think it would be great! </div></div>

Yes Sir, that would be the one and I am happy to say Curt has agreed to share this recently found treasure at MCACN in &quot;as found&quot; condition.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Xplantdad
09-07-2011, 04:16 AM
Awesome....Last year Curt brought a great L78 67 Chevelle....this year an LS6...what will he bring next year? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

Postsedan
09-07-2011, 11:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you guys think about adding a real-deal, as found in the garage since being put away in the 70's LS6 Chevelle, complete with Cragar SS/T's, air shocks and other period perfect goodies to the mix, complete with the 70's &quot;as found&quot; coating? (Remember that '67 Corvette we had in the show last year?)

Bashton

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Dan

XXXGoldL34M20
09-19-2011, 03:32 PM
If i had an in closed trailer i would bring my Triple Black LS6 to ad to all those Black cars.
Maybe next year i will try to bring it as it is a long trip from Canada.

SS427
09-19-2011, 05:22 PM
That would be awesome. I am sure it would go down as the most black LS6 Chevelles ever assembled in one place. Might be that already.

bashton
09-19-2011, 06:13 PM
I can tell Rick is kinda anxious to see this incredible collection of '70 Chevelles. Since he will be tethered to a particular freshly restored 1968 Yenko Camaro that will be in the front row, I am thinking i need to make arrangements for a special &quot;after hours&quot; viewing for Rick and Annie!

Many thanks to all who are participating in yet another incredible gathering for the MCACN show. Also, my hat is off to Mr. Vasic for once again taking the lead and coordinating both this display AND the Challenger T/A gathering.

Bashton
MCACN Mananging Member

SS427
09-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Annie has been in training all year so I have the utmost confidence in her abilities to run the booth and answer questions while I look at all the cars in the show (that would be a first!) and wine and dine with all my friends. Thanks Annie!!!

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/bs.gif

Xplantdad
09-19-2011, 10:57 PM
You are asking for it mister!

mockingbird812
09-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Isn't he (Rick) already on the Mayor's wife's sh*t list. What, does he have a death wish or something!!!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif

Xplantdad
09-19-2011, 11:00 PM
I think so <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

SS427
09-19-2011, 11:03 PM
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif huh?

I'm on a lot of women's sh!t list but didn't know about her's ????? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif

bashton
09-19-2011, 11:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS427</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Annie has been in training all year so I have the utmost confidence in her abilities to run the booth and answer questions while I look at all the cars in the show (that would be a first!) and wine and dine with all my friends. Thanks Annie!!!

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/bs.gif </div></div>

Good Luck with that plan, my friend! You are indeed asking for an a$$ whippin'

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Postsedan
09-20-2011, 03:21 AM
2 Months To GO!!!!!! WOW!

Dan

Postsedan
10-01-2011, 12:11 AM
Just Confirmed, you guessed it! Another BLACK LS6 is joining us!
Gary Boehler from MN is bringing is newly restored Black LS6 Chevelle. Gary we are excited and thrilled to have you joining us at this years MCACN`s, see you in November.

Dan

Postsedan
10-01-2011, 12:15 AM
1970 Chevelle Display - In attendance....

Gary Steinkellner`s Autumn Gold LS6
Brain Dejongh`s Autumn Gold L89
Dennis Cumby`s Black LS6 (Original Owner)
Randy Fricke`s Black LS6
Gary Boehler`s Black LS6
Private Owner - Black LS6
Private Owner - Cranberry Red L34

Dan

SS427
10-01-2011, 12:25 AM
4 black cars in one place at one time. Awesome! Then add the others on top of it and it is looking to be a great display.

mockingbird812
10-01-2011, 12:27 AM
Very nice Dan. We will have another black LS6 (red guts - boy I hate that combo!) in the Desert Classic Display. 2 owner, well documented Canadian LS6 - owned by John Hill.

Postsedan
10-01-2011, 01:49 AM
Has any one asked John Hill, if he`d like to display his car where his car belongs....with these other fine Black LS6 Chevelle.

OK, I`m asking.....John you are invited to be among my LS6 Display. Do not be concerned about hurting your friends feelings in the Desert Classic Display, they will understand. I mean how many times does one get the opportunity to gather 5 Black LS6 Chevelle`s side by side under one roof. Come on John, what do you say....let`s make history together!

Dan

Xplantdad
10-01-2011, 02:44 AM
Someone should ask Ward Gappa to bring his blue one!

mockingbird812
10-01-2011, 03:59 AM
That's going to cost u big time Mr. Vasic!!!!

mockingbird812
10-01-2011, 04:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xplantdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Someone should ask Ward Gappa to bring his blue one! </div></div>

Ward's Ls6 WILL be there Bruce, and will judged in the Concurs arena!

Dan, don't even think about it!!!

Postsedan
10-01-2011, 04:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's going to cost u big time Mr. Vasic!!!! </div></div>

Ok, how much $ are we talking?

Dan

Postsedan
10-01-2011, 04:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xplantdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Someone should ask Ward Gappa to bring his blue one! </div></div>

Dan, don't even think about it!!! </div></div>

I would not disturb Steve Shauger's
Vintage Certification Program at any cost, :-)

Dan

mockingbird812
10-01-2011, 04:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Postsedan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's going to cost u big time Mr. Vasic!!!! </div></div>

Ok, how much $ are we talking?

Dan </div></div>

$? Nobody mentioned money! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

Postsedan
10-01-2011, 04:56 AM
Ok, then please email or call me with John Hill's contact info, so I can personally invite him to the 1970 Chevelle Display.

Thanks,
Dan

ORIGLS6
10-01-2011, 05:14 AM
HOLY CRAP! I thought there were a ton of Cranberry Red '70 Chevelles out there. Now it looks like Black may be a contender.

Maybe I'll repaint mine Gobi Beige; you know, just to be different. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

mockingbird812
10-01-2011, 06:39 AM
Good idea DC. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/laugh.gif

P.S. remind me to smack you up along side of your head when I see you in Chicago!!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/Can-I-Have-It.gif

Xplantdad
10-01-2011, 06:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xplantdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Someone should ask Ward Gappa to bring his blue one! </div></div>

Dan, don't even think about it!!! </div></div>

Awesome Sam!

bashton
10-01-2011, 02:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xplantdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Someone should ask Ward Gappa to bring his blue one! </div></div>

Indeed, Ward is in...signed up this week to be a part of the Desert Classics group!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

SS427
10-01-2011, 07:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Indeed, Ward is in...signed up this week to be a part of the Desert Classics group!

Bashton

It will be nice to finally meet him. We had talked a lot over the years.