PDA

View Full Version : 1970 ls6 lot F 248

rspanther
05-21-2011, 07:42 AM
I am curious about something on this car , it looks like it has the malibu lower rocker molding on it . Is this a one off or an early car or ? I am more a 68/69 guy but this caught my attention , can anyone give me some info ? Thanks
David

SS427
05-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Some argue the SS's never came with trim while others say yes it could. I have personally seen and have photos of a couple of SS cars, one being an LS6 with the lower trim. What we cannot say with 100% for sure is whether these were added by the dealer or were delivered that way. The photos I have date back into the late 70's and early 80's so anything is possible but what we know for sure is neither owner added the trim. What I do know for sure is GM assembly plants have made several trim errors over the years when someone was not paying attention or for other reasons so again I say, never say never.

rspanther
05-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Hi ,
Like they say there is always an exception to the rule ! I do not remember ever seeing this car before and when ever something stands out it makes me want to look harder and ask more questions especially in this day and age . Thanks for your response .Like I said I am more of an 68/69 guy ,still learning more about this all the time .
David

Stefano
06-12-2011, 10:39 PM
This was a member's LS6 and it was also sold at Indy.