PDA

View Full Version : Central Chevrolet Oldsmobile

1of 54
05-31-2011, 05:42 AM
I own a 70 W-30 purchased new at Central Chev in London Ontario. I have major paperwork with the car, from cncelled cheque to key knock outs in an envelope, all order forms, window sticker, pre delivery, etc. I an looking for anything dealer related, ie license frames to use on car. any leads would be greatly appreciated. I only assume the dealership was heavy into performance in the day. Anyone owning a car sold there, I will send picures of their original paperwork forreference. Thanks. Gene

scuncio
05-31-2011, 04:58 PM
Neat car. I believe Central only used emblems and not dealership license frames (see pic):

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4066/4715465938_1d852842a9_b.jpg

CamaroNOS
05-31-2011, 05:03 PM
Hello Gene.

I see you have a Wayne Huber's business card from Central Chev Olds stapled to your paperwork. He is a good friend of mine.

PM me and I can give you a lead or two.

Paul

1of 54
06-01-2011, 02:20 AM
Thanks for the help. Yes those emblems were very popular in the day. always a couple nice holes in the deck lid!! Sent a PM off. Nice pictures of the emblems. I have heard they sold a number of rare cars over the years.

Keith Tedford
06-05-2011, 02:57 AM
I stopped at Central Chev in about June 1969. The compound out back had quite a few L78 cars. They sold a few COPO cars too. London Motor Products, the Pontiac Dealer in London, was into performance too. My '68 Ram Air Firebird was done up there when new. Would have been a great town to live in.

COPO PETE
06-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Hey Gene,

Nice bunch of paperwork. I have some "Central Chev Olds," "the real McCoy" license plates, and last year I scored a Central key tag. I see if I can post some pics. There has been some debate on if the Central License plates were used in later years, but either way, they do look cool! If you look at the May 2005 issue of Hemmings, you can see a pic of it on my car.
Hey Paul, saw you at Plunkets, but could'nt catch up with you.
Peter

CamaroNOS
06-07-2011, 04:37 AM
Gene,

I tried to call you today with no luck.
I forwarded you my number and when you get a chance, call me. Just bare in mind the time difference.

Hey Pete, sorry I missed you at the show. I coaxed my two little girls to come with Dad to a really neat car show. Too bad that great idea only lasted about 1 hour.....lol.
So much for turning them into piston heads.

Paul

1of 54
06-08-2011, 07:04 AM
Pete
Would love to see the pics of the frames. Nice to get one someday. Just neat stuff.
Paul will get in contact with you soon. Missed you today. Gene

oldzzy
07-31-2011, 08:18 AM
Cool Stuff! My dad was a mechanic back in the day at Central, and my great uncle was a manager there too. Gene, i am into Olds as well and would love to hear about your car.

Shane

2qwik2c
08-03-2011, 04:12 AM
Hi Guys, off topic with this but have you guys ever seen a 1967 GM of Canada Chevrolet dealer album? Trying to find one and buy one. Is it similar to the US dealer albums. Thanks.

midyr
11-05-2011, 02:25 PM
I just picked up a 1968. Am looking for a 66 and 67 myself.

2qwik2c
11-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Do you have a 1968 CDN dealer album or the 1968 CDN sales handbook??

The 1967 CDN dealer album is the same as the US one for the most part, the interior and top fabrics section is different as well as the paint chip section.

Apparently the 67 CDN dealer albums may have come with a disclaimer sheet saying what RPO's were and were not available in Canada as the albums were really the US ones with the US RPO info.

Also the 67 CDN finger tip facts book was the US one with disclaimer sheets in it saying what RPO's were not available in Canada. If you wanted some specific RPO's in Canada in 67 you would have to have the car imported from the US with that particular RPO.

I have photo copies of the CDN specific pages from the 67 CDN dealer album and 67 CDN finger tip facts book.

midyr
11-07-2011, 02:02 PM
The dealer albums I have are 1965 (USA) and 1968 (Canadian). In the 68 the lead-in page for "Colors & Fabrics Section" says "General Motors Products of Canada Limited, Oshawa, Ontario". That is the only reference to Canada I see and suspect it otherwise is identical to the contents of a USA album (binder might be different, don't know, this one is white with the "Chevrolet" bowtie in red.

I only have one of the pocket-size sales handbooks, 1969, for Canada.