PDA

View Full Version : Minor claim, Major praise!

njsteve
07-09-2011, 03:38 AM
I had a door ding fixed on our 75 Firebird. I called the claim number on the policy I got from Tamra. I couldn't have been more pleased with the way it was handled. The claims person told me to bring it to the body shop of my choice and have them do an estimate. She said to fax or email the estimate to her and she would take care of it.

On a Friday I drove the car to my favorite body repair guy, in Newark, NJ, of all places (Paul at Empire Auto Body - this guy can match any paint and he does it by eye - no scanners...a simply amazing talent! Over the years he has matched faded original paint, yellow, silver, and light metallic blue cars for me - probably the hardest colors to match of anything out there, and he has done it perfectly)

Anyway, he does the estimate on a Friday afternoon and emails it to them. Tamra's insurance carrier literally had the check in the mail before I had even driven back home from the estimate. The check was in my mailbox on Monday morning. By the end of the week the door ding was fixed, the 20-year old metallic blue paint was matched perfectly, the entire car was buffed out and the check covered everything, with no deductible.

Now that is the way a collector car policy claim is supposed to be done! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

Bravo Tamra!

mockingbird812
07-09-2011, 03:44 AM
Good to hear. That is how u tell a good insurance company - when things go bad for you, they come thru!!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

1969l78
07-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Great to hear.

SS427
07-09-2011, 09:23 PM
That is why everything we own, house, shop, work trucks and collector cars are insured by Tamra. Also why I routinely send new customers to her, because she takes care of them!