PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Pontiac Pics

Pages : [1] 2

StealthBird
07-15-2011, 05:10 AM
Thought I'd start a thread here consisting only of vintage Pontiac pics. Many may have been posted before in another thread, but let's start a thread with nothing but original pics.

Starting with the old days.... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

SUSQ
07-15-2011, 11:13 PM
That's a bitchin' little dragster! Looks like it might be quite a challenge getting in it with that rollbar?

StealthBird
07-16-2011, 12:01 AM
The late 50's...

old5.0
07-16-2011, 01:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StealthBird</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The late 50's... </div></div>

LOVE those pics. Seems like the 59's never get any love.

StealthBird
07-16-2011, 06:32 PM
1961 <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

StealthBird
07-17-2011, 04:05 PM

Brewster
07-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Wow, some great old pictures you posted for us to enjoy!
Thank You,
Brew

StealthBird
07-19-2011, 07:11 PM
1964! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif

StealthBird
07-19-2011, 07:14 PM

Tommy Nolen
07-20-2011, 04:45 AM
These are some old photos from my racing days back in the mid sixties. They were taken at the old fairgrounds raceway in Richmond, Va. 1966.

Xplantdad
07-20-2011, 05:24 AM
Neat pics Tommy! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif

StealthBird
07-20-2011, 05:46 AM

m22mike
07-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Worth another look.. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif
Anderson of course became Knafel Pontiac

http://www.mcacn.com/gallery/McClurg/image0155.jpg

olredalert
07-21-2011, 01:10 AM
-----Love seeing any of these old cars that had anything to do with &quot;Akron Arlen&quot;. Knew him back in 65-66 and sold him nuts and bolts. Great guy and way ahead of his time......Bill S

StealthBird
07-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Some experimental engines:

1963 SOHC 421 - This was installed in engineer Malcolm McKellars 63 Grand Prix. Mac just recently passed away. He was a camshaft guru, and designed some of the best hi-perf camshafts of the whole Musclecar era...

The 1968 Brabham 303 SOHC, a joint project between the famous Brabham-Repco Formula 1 Grand Prix team and Pontiac. DeLorean loved the idea of making a &quot;Super Firebird&quot; with an exotic engine, or with the help of racing team, similar to the Ford/Shelby collaboration. The Brabham 303 was abandoned when Pontiac engineers found out they were getting more power from their RAV 303 project.

The 1963 DOHC 4-valve 389 with sequential fuel injection - not making production, it was scrapped when the GM racing ban hit in Jan 1963, but this beast would have gone into Grand Prix's, Bonnevilles, and Catalinas. When the 1964 GTO hit the streets, the engine was deemed to expensive to install or make available in the GTO series, and the project was scrapped.

Another 1963 SOHC 421, with rear mounted cam belts, and 3-valve heads.

StealthBird
07-27-2011, 06:22 AM

mockingbird812
07-27-2011, 06:34 AM
Cool radical looking engines! Thanks!

StealthBird
07-28-2011, 07:55 PM
The first pic is the prototype RAIV air cleaner as used on a 1969 GTO. This setup used 4 air inlets, consisting of 2 hood scoops, and 2 hoses, and this was how they came up with the name Ram Air IV. The setup was abandoned before production started, but a 1969 GTO was road tested by a magazine with this setup, and Pontiac issued a diagram showing the system worked.

The second pic is one of the coolest Pontiacs around. This was Jim Wangers Ram Air Firebird, known as the Blackbird, which he had built to compete in the Woodward Ave street wars. This car faced stiff competition from cars built by well-known speed shops, as well as factory built engineering cars from Chrysler, Chevrolet, Oldsmobile, and Ford. The Blackbird is now owned by Dr. Eric Schiffer, who is a wealth of information about those Woodward Ave street wars.

StealthBird
07-28-2011, 08:09 PM
Second pic is Truman Fields 1968 Firebird RAII, which cleaned up on dragstrips back in the 70's and 80's, and is still around today. Truman won the 1973 U.S. Nationals Stock Elimnator title, then later went on to become 1982 and 1983 IHRA Stock Eliminator Champion. After a retirement of sorts, Truman came back in 1993 and ran the Pure Stocks, becoming the first Pure Stock car to break into the 11's.

nova7579
07-28-2011, 10:59 PM
I would love to have the wheels off of the Hard Times Firebird.....are they Fenton's???
Brian

Paul_S
07-30-2011, 01:20 AM
StealthBird,

Great engine shots and info. Is there any more out there especially of the fuel injection? Would like to also know what has survived. A bunch of neat stuff was in the works but the racing ban and emissions getting tighter (and redirecting development attention) killed a bunch.

Paul

StealthBird
07-30-2011, 01:49 AM
Pontiac built 3 SOHC 421ci engines in the early '60s. The photo I posted earlier was the one engine that survived, and was presented to Chief Engine Engineer Malcolm McKellar upon his retirement. McKellar had it placed into his personal 1963 Grand Prix, and it's running to this day. McKellar said that during the testing, the SOHC 421 engines produced around 625 hp and were capable of turning 7,000 rpm.

http://image.highperformancepontiac.com/f/26163818+w750+st0/hppp_1003_08_z+pontiac_v8_engines+421ci_engines.jp g

What's really cool about this engine is that this isn't a tri-power setup on top, it was an an experimental single six-barrel unit that Pontiac Engineering tested for the 1967 model year. But when GM pulled the plug on multiple carbs, this setup was shelved.

Below is another view of the SOHC 421 I posted earlier, the one with the belt driven, rear mounted cam drives. Check out the exotic fuel injection setup.

old5.0
07-30-2011, 03:41 AM
StealthBird, what were the differences between the late 50's Pontiac fuel injection and the Chevrolet unit? Was the Pontiac Rochester sourced? Any websites that discuss the Pontiac F.I. in any detail? It seems like all the discussion is about the Chevy unit and the Pontiac gets lost in the shuffle. I know the F.I. pictured above isn't a production unit, it just got me wonderin'.

StealthBird
07-30-2011, 05:20 AM
The Chevy and Pontiac setups were both made by Rochester Products, and were similar. The main difference being in the manifold design, and the fuel-meter locations. The Pontiac manifold had longer runners, giving a ram effect, and was stronger in the low and mid-range areas. The Pontiac setup made a respectable 310 hp from 347 cubes, but unfortunately pushed the heaviest car in Pontiac's lineup. A 57 Chieftain with the tri-power was actually quicker than the 57 Bonneville.

All 630 of the 1957 Bonnevilles were fuel injected, all convertibles, and all of them were loaded up with every available factory option, which again made them the heaviest of the Pontiacs.

The 57's typically sell for $120K-$200K now, one of the most expensive collector cars out there.

This is a 58 unit, but the runners and fuel inlets were the same as in 57. Biggest difference between the 57 Chevy F.I. and 57 Pontiac F.I. was the plenum, and runner length. Pics are from an old post on the Corvette Forum.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h219/DZAUTO/Fuel%20Injection/100_0361.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h219/DZAUTO/Fuel%20Injection/100_0356.jpg

Paul_S
07-30-2011, 05:29 AM
I remember reading about his retirement, the engine gift and his '63. The single 6-brl carb was a neat way to cheat the system. I wonder how much FI development knowledge he had and whether he had any hardware.

All production Pontiac FI units shared the same basic design and some components as units used for Chevrolet (Pass) and Corvette. Their main difference was the &quot;Turkey Roaster&quot; sheet metal enclosure they were housed in on the Pontiacs. All were/are Rochester units.

olredalert
07-30-2011, 07:07 AM
-----The 57 Pontiac plenums were made up from sheet-metal unlike the 58s which, as you can see, are cast. Chevrolet paved the way but Pontiac wasnt far behind in all this early (US) fuel injection stuff. The problem, as Stealth has said, was that Pontiac didnt expand the program out to some of the lighter bodied models. It might not have mattered though as almost all the Pontiacs in 57 weighed a bunch, and Chevrolet had the Corvette as its P.R. machine as well as its H.P. machine. As well, G.M. was already well into the cubic inch wars as an easy, cheap way to make thier sleds go faster, as was Ford and Chrysler.
-----All the 57 Bonnevilles were white with red or blue or black accents except for (I think) two which were black. One had red trim and one had baby-blue trim. I can guarantee the one with the B-B trim as a friend of mine and I hauled it out of Chicago in original, forlorn condition in 1974. I havent a clue where it is today but it is surely worth a TON!.....Bill S

Paul_S
07-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Bill,

Correct on the '57 PMD FI. At the time, FI was a gamble and there was truly caution in the GM groups as far as its performance (both mechanically and sales) and not hurting any PR lines. The Corvette was a low production sports car that GM was willing to gamble with as well as some special models in the GM Pass car line. -They were probably under a bunch of pressure with the '57 Chevy to not give them a black eye. The big story behind it all was that Rochester was was working with all GM groups and GM would have loved to put it across the board but some of the Cold/Hot start and Hot Idle issues scared the others off until it was more refined. They waited, towards the end of it all they were still not pleased and with emissions tightening it died.

Here is a pic of a '57 unit from ebay:

SS427
07-30-2011, 07:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StealthBird</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
All 630 of the 1957 Bonnevilles were fuel injected, all convertibles, and all of them were loaded up with every available factory option, which again made them the heaviest of the Pontiacs.

The 57's typically sell for $120K-$200K now, one of the most expensive collector cars out there.
</div></div>

I recently inspected a Black LS6 Chevelle for a customer and there was one of these in the owners collection. NEAT car to say the least and I had never heard of them prior to seeing it.

StealthBird
07-30-2011, 08:14 PM
An odd thing about this first year Bonneville is that there's only one pair of Bonneville emblems on the outside of the car, at the rear 1/4 panels. The front fenders and trunk lid had huge &quot;Fuel Injection&quot; script emblems. Considering the Bonneville was a brand new model, you would think Pontiac would want people to know it's called Bonneville. But with all the publicity Chevrolet and Pontiac received about their new fuel injection, just seeing the &quot;Fuel Injection&quot; emblems were enough for the public to know this was the new Pontiac flagship luxury performance car.

StealthBird
07-30-2011, 08:49 PM
The 57 Bonneville is also of great historical significance, as it was the car that brought the Pontiac Motor Division out of their stuffy image of the 40's and 50's into the their new role as GM's high performance division. Bunkie Knudsen arrived at Pontiac in 1956, and he immediately changed Pontiac's image. Using the newly revised 1955 Pontiac V8, he began pumping the parts bins full of high-perf equipment, from dual quads to aluminum parts, from drag racing parts to NASCAR items, he quickly transformed Pontiac into GM's high-perf division. For 1957, he brought out the fuel injected Bonneville as a statement.

Keeping this in the theme of this thread (vintage pics), here's the 57 Bonneville at the auto show.

StealthBird
07-30-2011, 08:51 PM
The happy newlywed couple, check out what's in the background. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

njsteve
07-30-2011, 09:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StealthBird</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The happy newlywed couple, check out what's in the background. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif </div></div>

What? Cinderella's two angry step-sisters? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

StealthBird
07-30-2011, 11:36 PM
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif

olredalert
07-31-2011, 12:21 AM
----Stealth,,,If thats an original black Bonny and if the trim was always white then that would be the other black Bonneville. Not the one we yanked out of Chicago as it was black/red, and original paint. Its also possible that a few more black ones got out of the factory than I have been told.....Bill S

StealthBird
08-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Here's another rare one from the engine archives.

Pontiac was very experimental back in the early 60's. While the work of their engineers was very advanced, Pontiac didn't have the engineering budget that Chevrolet had. DeLorean and Estes contracted well known drag racers and stock car builders to make super high perf parts for their Pontiac V8's, with the possibility they could use those parts for production, or add them to the Pontiac high performance parts catalog. Pontiac knew that once a part was in their catalog, that part could be considered legal for use in NHRA and NASCAR competition. And if the part(s) caught on, Pontiac could them to their production line.

Legendary NASCAR builder Smokey Yunick was under contract with Pontiac to develop some super high perf parts. With Pontiacs already dominating the 1961-1962 NASCAR season, Yunick turned his attention towards turbos. He came up with was a twin-turbo setup for the 1962 Pontiac 389, and he tested the setup to the tune of 900 hp back in 1961. Pontiac then scheduled a twin turbo setup for the 1962 model year, but canceled the project at the last minute. It was estimated the street version would have been around 550 hp.

These manifolds are dated 06/13/1961.

StealthBird
08-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Mickey Thompson was another legendary racer and engine builder under contract by Pontiac. Mickey set the world speed record in his 4-engined Bonneville racer (&quot;Challenger 1&quot;) back in the 50's, and he also was heavily involved with Pontiac's drag racing program in the early 60's. In fact, Mickey received many of the rare SD421 cars in 1962 and 1963, and wreaked havoc on the dragstrips across the country.

He also developed some very interesting high-perf parts for Pontiacs. His cross-ram and 2x4 intakes were stuff of legend, but he also made some high end parts for Pontiacs. Before the 1964 Chrysler Race Hemi made its debut, and 2 years before the 1966 Street Hemi would hit the streets, Thompson built on Chrysler 1950's Hemi design and built Pontiac Hemi heads for the 1961-1963 389-421 Pontiac engines. Along with those heads, he built blower manifolds, and a host of other racing parts, even aluminum blocks, for Pontiac. The M/T designed Hemi heads were 100 hp stronger than factory Pontiac heads, and Thompson produced over 700 hp in race trim.

When GM's 'no-racing' mandate was passed down in 1963, Thompson went on to sell his parts independently. A lot of M/T Hemi heads were sold, and many still exist today.

tom406
08-06-2011, 05:42 AM
Here's my Uncle Terry, circa 1971. Behind him is his Red/Red 1970 GTO 455/4sp convertible with A/C. It was a lightly used, welcome home present to himself upon returning relatively intact from Vietnam, and he traded in his 1968 Coronet R/T that remained in St. Paul MN during his tour. I don't know if you can see it in the downsized photo, but it has &quot;455 cid&quot; callouts on the fender AND &quot;RAM AIR IV&quot; callouts on the hood. Despite his cool rides, my uncle was not particularly a gearhead, and the RAIV hood decals were added by the original owner or dealer.

I was born in '69, and have fond memories of sitting on the console of this car, looking at the Hurst T-handle shifter, and cruising with my uncle to the CLARK station on Hwy 10 in Mounds View, filling up with gas and getting his KOOL cigarettes. I also got him in a bit of trouble with my grandmother, who while babysitting found me collecting grass clippings at the neighbors, putting them in a plastic bag, and informing her that I was gathering it for my uncle. Apparently he had some grass in bags but 3 or 4 year old me worried he was running low......

mockingbird812
08-06-2011, 08:53 PM
<span style="font-style: italic"> &quot;I also got him in a bit of trouble with my grandmother, who while babysitting found me collecting grass clippings at the neighbors, putting them in a plastic bag, and informing her that I was gathering it for my uncle. Apparently he had some grass in bags but 3 or 4 year old me worried he was running low......</span>&quot;

That is a beauty of a story and very, very funny <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif ! Are you still that literal?

Great photo by the way! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

StealthBird
08-07-2011, 04:39 AM
Great photo, and great story! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

Continuing with some 1968 pics:

1968 GTO at the track - note Ram Air pan on ground

1968 Pontiacs at the Auto Show, 68 GTO centerstage

1968 Myrtle Motors 428 Firebird

grantprix
08-07-2011, 08:22 PM
Great photo!

grantprix
08-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Here's a few old photos from the 1969 Detroit Auto Show...

StealthBird
08-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Grant, those are GREAT pictures!! Are those yours, or were they found on the web?

Here's a couple more from 1969:

1st photo - 1969 Trans Am debut at the 1969 Chicago Auto Show. Note the 69 Bird on the turntable in the background, that's the same yellow one from your photo.

2nd photo - 1969 Knafel Pontiac Golden Sabre GTO. Knafel sold these with RAV engines and Hurst wheels. Mr. Knafel claimed he received a batch of 1969 GTO's with FACTORY installed RAV engines, but this has never been proven. Knafel received a great number of RAV crate motors.

3rd photo - 1969 Trans Am in a dealer showroom, this is from an original 1969 Pontiac Newsletter.

4th photo - notice in the background of the 1969 Chicago Auto Show picture, there's a sign that reads, &quot;To win jacket, drop ticket stub here.&quot; The jacket was a Judge jacket.

5th photo - Vintage 1969 photo of a Pontiac salesman posing with their new 1969 Judge, all wearing their Judge jackets.

grantprix
08-09-2011, 03:05 AM
Those photos were emailed to me from a good friend of mine who knows an older gentleman that worked for Pontiac and actually worked setting up for the different shows back then. He has some really cool items that he saved from back then.

I have an original one of those Judge jacket order forms, I've thought about having some quality copies made of it.

Thanks for posting the photos, those are great!

StealthBird
08-09-2011, 04:13 AM
Awesome pictures Grant, they really are. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

I have tons of vintage Oldsmobile and Buick photos too. We may have to start a thread in the other section(s).

Some more from 1969:

1) Another shot of the yellow 1969 Firebird from the same Detroit Auto Show.

2 &amp; 3) Two photos of the Royal Racing Team's 1969 Firebird. Note that this was not Royal Pontiac anymore, it was &quot;Leader Engineering&quot;. Leader Automotive was owned by George DeLorean (John Z's brother). After Royal Pontiac decided to get away from the high perf conversions business and focus on regular Pontiac sales, chief mechanic Milt Schornack left Royal Pontiac, and hooked up with Leader Automotive. Milt was allowed to keep the Royal trademark though, as he was responsible for the Royal Pontiac Racing Club. Ace Wilson Jr. of Royal Pontiac had no interest in the Bobcat conversions after Jim Wangers left to work for George Hurst.

3) An original Judge jacket, still in the package.

grantprix
08-09-2011, 06:51 AM
More great photos! Absolutely, post those other vintage photos when you can... I could look at this stuff all day! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

grantprix
08-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Oh and by the way, the photo you posted with the new Judge jacket just happens to be from my same friend that I got the auto show photos from. That photo was from his ebay auction and that jacket also came from his same friend that worked for Pontiac. Small world! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

StealthBird
08-10-2011, 05:59 AM
1) Can't remember who had these pics from the 1970 Chicago Auto Show (photo dated Feb 1970), but this shot of a 70 GTO Pontiac show car is interesting in that it's wearing what appear to be early honeycomb wheels, which didn't come out until 1971.

2) Gene Ingle's 1969 Judge drag car

3 &amp; 4) Proud parents show off their children, and their Pontiacs.

5) This is the same 1969 Firebird as in the above photos, but this was when Royal Pontiac was still involved in high-perf conversions. That's Milt Schornack rowing the gears. This 350 H.O. Firebird was VERY well set up, and was the same car that later ran a RAIV and a RAV. Schornack trailered the 350 H.O. Firebird 2500 miles to race at the Winter Nationals in Pomona CA. He made one pass at an astonishing 12.32 at 113 mph. Apparently that upset some people, most notably Dale Smith from the factory Oldsmobile drag team, and he had the Royal Firebird banned.

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

grantprix
08-10-2011, 07:25 AM
Mike, these are great! That honeycomb wheel on the '70 appears to be a little different than the production wheel. Maybe a prototype?

I really enjoy seeing these old photos of cars when they were new... especially the ones in front of houses, in driveways, etc...

Great stuff! Keep'm coming... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Here's a scan of two old Polaroids that I got from the original owner of a '69 GP 428HO 4-speed that I had a few years ago. The gentleman told me that he raced early 60's 421 Pontiacs back in the day and collected a few trophies which were displayed across the hood of the GP in these photos when the car was new...

olredalert
08-10-2011, 04:19 PM
----Wow, Grant!!! Where did that GP go? Another non-SJ 428/4spd HO unearthed. There just cant be many of these. Do you have a handle on any production figures?

----That Honeycomb appears to be actual aluminum, not rubber faced. I think that would definetly make it a prototype during the 1970 time period, wouldnt it?......Bill S

StealthBird
08-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Great pics again Grant!

This is what I was hoping the thread would turn out to be, a nice photo album of just vintage Pontiac pics for all to enjoy. I thought it was a great idea for Charlie to make separate forum sections for each manufacturer. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

StealthBird
08-10-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm also shrinking the size of many of these pics so they fit on the screen without having to scroll to the right. Looks like the best size is around 90K.

1) Here's a great shot of a Judge doing the pacing duties at Elkhart Lake.

2) Check out this ad from the late 70's. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif

grantprix
08-10-2011, 07:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: olredalert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">----Wow, Grant!!! Where did that GP go? Another non-SJ 428/4spd HO unearthed. There just cant be many of these. Do you have a handle on any production figures?

----That Honeycomb appears to be actual aluminum, not rubber faced. I think that would definetly make it a prototype during the 1970 time period, wouldnt it?......Bill S </div></div>

Bill, I sold the car about three years ago to a friend in IL. Myself and another friend bought the car off ebay in Jan of 2006. It was originally advertised as a 400 4-speed car. The seller was getting lots of questions on the car mainly because of the factory chrome parts on the engine thinking it may be a 428. Well, not only did it turn out to be a 428, it was a 428HO! Of course the bidding got more interesting after that. I wanted to do a full restoration on the car, but ended up selling it. Anyway, its in good hands. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

Production figures are 116 total 428HO 4-speed GP's for '69. Of those, 94 had the wide ratio 4-speed (M20) and 22 had the close ratio (M21) with the 3.90 gear only. This car has the wide ratio 4-speed with 3.55 gear. I've yet to discover one of the 22 cars, but that would be the one I'd really like to have. I have a list of 13 documented cars so far that are still around with about a 50/50 split between J's and SJ's. Oh, and if you ever run across a 428HO 3-speed manual car, its 1 of only 3 built with one of them confirmed to have been crushed. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif

That would make sense on the wheel... the honeycombs appear to be larger to me, similar to the new aftermarket wheels that I've seen lately.

grantprix
08-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Great photos again, Mike! Yes, Charley did good! Hopefully he wont lock us out for cluttering up this section... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

grantprix
08-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Love that RA IV Judge ad! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/Can-I-Have-It.gif

StealthBird
08-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Grant, did you know Marvin Minnereck (sp?) from my area (suburbs of Chicago)? Marvin had a silver 1969 Grand Prix 428 HO 4-speed, and I met him while sitting in the staging lanes on a Pontiac Drag Day. After talking to him for a while, I realized he was also the same guy that used to have a beautiful 1965 2+2 ragtop 4-speed back in the 1980's.

1) The 70 Grand Prix, sitting at the 1970 Chicago Auto Show.

2) The proud owner of a new 1972 Hurst SSJ.

3) New owner of &quot;The Humbler&quot;. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

grantprix
08-10-2011, 08:23 PM
No, I've never heard the name before or of the car. Would love to know more about it!

More great photos! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

69 Post Sedan
08-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Here is a picture of my dad in front of our 1970 Pontiac Catalina.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn2/brkyard/Vintage%20Pictures/scan0001.jpg

grantprix
08-11-2011, 01:19 AM
Great photo! Was that a camp site?

grantprix
08-11-2011, 01:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: olredalert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">----Wow, Grant!!! Where did that GP go? Another non-SJ 428/4spd HO unearthed. There just cant be many of these. Do you have a handle on any production figures?

----That Honeycomb appears to be actual aluminum, not rubber faced. I think that would definetly make it a prototype during the 1970 time period, wouldnt it?......Bill S </div></div>

Bill, it was Andy and I that bought the car off ebay. We went 50/50 on it and then I bought it outright a couple of months later. Initially it was at Andy's place, but that was probably several months before you were there.

olredalert
08-11-2011, 02:48 AM
----Stealth,,,I know Marvin well from when Classic Motors was located in Billy Jacobs building on the N/W side of Joliet. The building backed up to the river. Marvin was and is a great guy, and a true Pontiac nutcase. He was a salesman at Jacobs Chevrolet for quite some time. You have only one thing wrong,,,his GP was a 1970. I Know as I saw it many times. I loved the car as it was an original leather car which is soooooo, soooooo rare (silver/blk leather). I actually bought a set of black leather seats for a triple black 69 SJ I had (bought out of Naperville) from Marvin. His 65 2+2 421/4-spd convert was the nicest I have ever seen. I tried to buy it a couple of times, but could never get the job done. Saw Marvin at the 1st MCACN and reminisced about much of this drivel, and met his son who is carrying on the torch. Great, great family......Bill S

StealthBird
08-11-2011, 05:58 AM
Bill, thanks for the info! I couldn't recall whether Marvin's GP was a 69 or 70. I also remember he had a triple blue 66 (?) GTO. I bumped into him the the day he bought that Goat. It was sitting in the parking lot of our Portillo's, and I caught him just as he was coming out to the car.

His 65 2+2 was quick, ran in the mid-low 13's if I recall.

Didn't Marvin and Bob A. own Classic Motors together? I recall they restored a 70 W-30 442 that made a magazine, lost track of them after that.

StealthBird
08-11-2011, 06:04 AM
Thought I'd add another photo or two, with the Grand Prix theme:

1) 1970 Chicago Auto Show

2) 1972 Chicago Auto Show

StealthBird
08-11-2011, 06:11 AM
Some salesmen items from Pontiac:

olredalert
08-11-2011, 06:57 AM
-----Marvin was never related to Classic Motors. He just used to stop by every now and then, and Im not sure who Bob A would be. Marvins 2+2 did run as the motor was twisted a bit (maybe more than a bit). I remember him telling me it had a McKeller cam and it did have a lope to it......Bill S

StealthBird
08-11-2011, 07:20 AM
Bill, PM sent. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

StealthBird
08-11-2011, 07:29 AM
Some 1968 GTO stuff:

1) Promotional photo for the Endura bumper basher commercial.

2) Little League player takes a shot at a 68 GTO bumper.

3) Endura Bumper kit sent to dealers, consisting of a baseball bat in a cardboard tube. The label states, &quot;One Endura Bumper Kit&quot;.

4) New 1968 GTO in Verdoro Green.

Mike

grantprix
08-11-2011, 06:21 PM
Those auto show photos are so cool! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

grantprix
08-11-2011, 06:25 PM
&quot;Endura Bumper Kit&quot;... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif Great stuff! That sales promotional stuff is great too! I collect a few pieces myself.

StealthBird
08-12-2011, 01:52 AM
Ok, had to find a couple here for Bill. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

1) 1964 Grand Prix - note the 421 badges

2) Passionate Poncho III

3) Passionate Poncho III with Beswick

4) Larry Johnson's altered wheelbase

StealthBird
08-12-2011, 04:31 AM
Couple of 1965 Royal Pontiac GTO's doing battle. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

al8apex
08-15-2011, 12:52 AM

not sure what year it was, but I took these at the Woodward Dream Cruise &quot;pre- Cruise&quot; night 3 years ago to the day:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a26/JimRohn/pavilions/wwdcgp4spd.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a26/JimRohn/pavilions/wwdcgp4spdin.jpg

grantprix
08-15-2011, 04:50 AM
I've actually seen this car in person, it was at the POCI/GTOAA co-vention in Dayton Ohio 2009. Its a very sharp looking GP! Its a '70 SJ 455 4-speed with black leather interior. Thanks for posting it!

Here's a few more photos of it from the co-vention...

StealthBird
08-15-2011, 05:18 AM
The 2009 POCI/GTOAA Convention was the greatest Pontiac show there ever was, and a once in a lifetime event, with over 1000 Pontiacs registered. The only down side was that we had to return to Dayton a month AFTER the POCI/GTOAA for the Trans Am Nationals!

I'm going to try and divert this thread back to vintage pics only, so I'll start with a few Grand Prix's; 1969, 1970, and 1972. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

grantprix
08-16-2011, 04:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StealthBird</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 2009 POCI/GTOAA Convention was the greatest Pontiac show there ever was, and a once in a lifetime event, with over 1000 Pontiacs registered. The only down side was that we had to return to Dayton a month AFTER the POCI/GTOAA for the Trans Am Nationals!

I'm going to try and divert this thread back to vintage pics only, so I'll start with a few Grand Prix's; 1969, 1970, and 1972. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif
</div></div>

I agree, that convention was the best... a Pontiac lover's dream! The assembly line photos are great too! The red car looks a lot like the one Charley &amp; I had...

StealthBird
08-17-2011, 03:40 AM
The 1963 Grand Prix X-400 show car. Pontiac built several X-400 cars over the previous years, the 1963 version had a fiberglass hood with dual hood scoops, which have a strange resemblance to the scoops used on the 1970 Buick GS years later. The engine was a supercharged 421, using a 4-71 blower, and 4 Corvette side-draft carbs. The exhaust system was built to allow the driver to control the exhaust gasses, with a 3-position bypass lever that allowed closed, partially open, and fully open exhaust. The exhaust pipes exited at the rocker panel in front of the rear wheelwells.

StealthBird
08-17-2011, 03:49 AM
Some 65's...

StealthBird
08-17-2011, 04:05 AM
1965's at the auto show...

GTO_DON
08-17-2011, 04:23 AM
My old tripower car racing at Dragway 42 and then after I brought it back to life.

Tommy Nolen
08-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Great car!!! Thanks for sharing

markinnaples
08-17-2011, 04:14 PM
That '63 Gran Prix was sweet.

Anyone have pics of some '64 GTO's?

Those '65's are very nice, but the '64's have an understated mean look to them as well.

GTO_DON
08-17-2011, 04:27 PM
This is the only pic i have of a 64. It was a mean car.

StealthBird
08-17-2011, 07:08 PM
Don, that 65 is WAY cool! A rare post coupe too! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Mark, the 64 GTO's were back on page 1 of this thread, but I'll post some more....

markinnaples
08-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Great, thanks.

Now '66? Another of my favorite years.

StealthBird
08-18-2011, 04:36 AM
Mark, those are back on Page 2! But I have so many pics, I'll keep posting as long as you guys like them. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

1) From 1965, that's Doc Watson (later associated with Oldsmobiles) testing the new 1965 GTO. Doc was in tight with Pontiac in 1965, as Hurst Shifters were factory installed in all GTO's.

2) Great photo of a 66 GTO launching. This was an early Ram Air car.

3) Royal Pontiac 66 GTO in full racing trim, taking out a 442 in the far lane.

4) Another photo of the Royal GTO, with Milt Schornack driving.

5) Rare reclining bucket seat option in a 66 GTO.

StealthBird
08-18-2011, 04:47 AM
1) Tiger-striped 66 GTO with Hurst wheels, and a Miami beauty queen.

2) 1967 GTO on a wedding day.

3) The Monkeemobile on the 1967 show circuit.

4) 1967 Pontiacs at the auto show

5) 1966 GTO - baby on board <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif

olredalert
08-18-2011, 04:49 AM
----If this &quot;Bill Yakkel&quot; ran at 42 then I saw it run. I rarely missed a weekend there as it was only about 20 minutes from my Dads house. Very cool old Poncho......Bill S

GTO_DON
08-18-2011, 05:21 AM
He had the car from new untill his death. It was a documented tripower m21 car with 390's and transistorized ignition and metallic brakes.

olredalert
08-18-2011, 05:28 AM
----Don,,,That is one seriously cool old GTO. I cant seem to remember it at &quot;42&quot; but if you saw the birthday announcements you can probably figure out that my memory isnt what it once was. Wish I could pull it out of whats left of my brain as Ill bet it was a ball to watch......Bill S

Tenney
08-18-2011, 07:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: markinnaples</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Anyone have pics of some '64 GTO's?

</div></div>

http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss319/TenneyF/2011-1-12_1964GTOFerrariWeb-Large.jpg

StealthBird
08-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Ok, Tenney wins. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

Don, one of the things that struck me about your 65 GTO was that it had a similar paint scheme to Jim &quot;Old Man&quot; Taylor's 64 GTO. Jim is the original owner of his 64, and he still runs it today.

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&amp;Number=26783&amp;filename= gtoarama%20042.jpg

StealthBird
08-18-2011, 06:08 PM
Not getting too far off the &quot;original photos&quot; theme, I just wanted to throw this one in, as it relates to the super rare engines poasted a few pages ago.

This is an all aluminum 389. Aluminum block, heads, intake, water pump, exhaust manifolds. Amazing how advanced, and how serious, Pontiac was in their 1962 racing campaign!

StealthBird
08-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Brakes were always a point of criticism with the GM Musclecars. They had tremendous acceleration, but couldn't stop worth a darn. Pontiac was thinking about improving their brakes pretty early on for their new high performance car, the GTO.

In the summer of 1963, this 1964 GTO was delivered to Delco-Moraine for testing of disc brakes on GM intermediates (Skylark/Chevelle/Cutlass/Tempest), thus becoming the first A-Body with disc brakes.

GTO_DON
08-18-2011, 10:56 PM
That picture confuses me as that looks like a 69-72 caliper and not the 1st design large 4 piston ones used on the early cars. looks like a newer shot of a goat...Keep the pictures coming as this and the day2 thread are my favorites!!!!

StealthBird
08-19-2011, 01:31 AM
Don, here's the write-up. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

StealthBird
08-19-2011, 01:33 AM
I forgot this picture earlier when we were talking about Judge jackets. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

old5.0
08-19-2011, 02:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StealthBird</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not getting too far off the &quot;original photos&quot; theme, I just wanted to throw this one in, as it relates to the super rare engines poasted a few pages ago.

This is an all aluminum 389. Aluminum block, heads, intake, water pump, exhaust manifolds. Amazing how advanced, and how serious, Pontiac was in their 1962 racing campaign! </div></div>

Very cool engine, but let's hear more about the car it's living in.

StealthBird
08-19-2011, 02:49 AM
A great &quot;Day 2&quot; picture, this was a Popular Hot Rodding test car, a 69 Judge Ram Air III. Doug's headers, some 5-slot aluminum rims, and a Weber clutch. The multi-part article ended with the installation of a RAIV engine (pictured). <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

tjs44
08-19-2011, 02:58 AM
I found that alu engine back in 1964 at M/Ts shop.Finally was able to buy it and build it many years latter.Was in my 63 tempest wagon when I sold it.Tom

Old Man Taylor
08-19-2011, 07:33 AM
Tenney just told me about this site. I will have to do some digging to see if I have any old pictures of my car. Unfortunately I don't have any of it when I got it, or when I got married in it. I didn't own a camera. This one was taken a few weeks ago when my granddaughter got married.

B/T/W, the blue and white one is not the one I purchased new. The original one is aquamarine, as seen in the picture. I built the blue and white one so I wouldn't keep breaking the original one.

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 03:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Old Man Taylor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Unfortunately I don't have any of it when I got it, or when I got married in it. I didn't own a camera. </div></div>

LOL, OMT -

That's always been my regret, too - that we didn't take more pictures back then. But, in our defense, it wasn't as easy then as it is now -

At any rate, here are a few from my growing up years:

Me, with my first car (...the red one...):

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/63Cat.jpg

The Pontiac shown is a '63 Catalina; built as a Super Duty car, it was converted over the counter to an HO configuration (tripower and hydraulic lifters) so that we could run the &quot;higher&quot; classes (B/Stock, B/FX) while the Swiss Cheese cars covered the others. It was built with the aluminum front package (hood, fenders, bumper) and aluminum decklid. It also was one of the first 1963 cars to have the Bobcat appearance package, with silver highlights on the grille filler panel, down the side and the vertical surface of the trunklid. Sadly, this is the only still photo I have of this car.

Goin' racin' -

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/63Covair.jpg

The '64 shown above was the first GTO in the twelves, at least here locally.

Our '64 on display at the Michigan State Fair, fall of 1964:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/GTO/img009.jpg

Typical Sunday afternoon:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/GTO/69GMC.jpg

Rain on raceday - Lapeer International Dragway, 1968:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/GTO/68GTOresize.jpg

Me, doing my first engine teardown (a '69 GMC straight six), while the GTO sleeps behind me:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/000_3554.jpg

Goin' racin again:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/64LeMans.jpg

The '64 Lemans was a factory mule car, purchased from the GM Milford Proving Ground. It came equipped with a 421 cubic inch engine (and close ratio 4 speed) and was actually quicker than our '64 GTO race car.

Lastly, this is not a &quot;vintage&quot; shot, but it is a &quot;vintage motif&quot;. Here's how the GTO looks today:

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af284/lmseymore/Grand%20Prix/100_0325.jpg

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 04:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StealthBird</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, had to find a couple here for Bill. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

1) 1964 Grand Prix - note the 421 badges...http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&amp;Number=26718&amp;filename= 1964 Grand Prix - local drags - original photo s.jpg</div></div>

Actually....that's a '63

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 04:36 PM
A couple more photos of that Bobcat paint scheme for '63:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Royal/img015.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Royal/img016.jpg

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 04:48 PM
A couple promotional shots, taken here at the GM Tech Center in Warren:

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af284/lmseymore/Grand%20Prix/GrandPrixTechCenter1.jpg

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af284/lmseymore/Grand%20Prix/Pontiac-Grand_Prix_1963_800x600_wal.jpg

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af284/lmseymore/Grand%20Prix/GrandPrixTechCenter2.jpg

I call her &quot;Marilyn&quot;...

I suppose I should think of a name for the lady, too....

K

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Don't think I've seen this one yet:

Milt with George Delorean's car -

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af284/lmseymore/Royal/Deloreangeorgepontiacplumcc1.jpg

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Not a vintage photo, but speaking of jackets:

Found this at my mother's house the other day. I had been looking for it for quite some time (but not in the right spot, apparently):

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af284/lmseymore/GTO/JoesBirthday03Oct09025.jpg

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af284/lmseymore/GTO/JoesBirthday03Oct09026.jpg

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af284/lmseymore/GTO/JoesBirthday03Oct09028.jpg

Some of you might remember that Ubly Dragway was in the mainstream news a couple years ago, as a result of this:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Stan%20Long%20SD/100_6971.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Stan%20Long%20SD/1StanLongSD1.jpg

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Super duty wagon, sitting in front of the service bay doors at Royal:

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af284/lmseymore/Royal/RoyalWagon2.jpg

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 05:00 PM
B/FX class final round, Indianapolis 1963.

Dad driving Pete Seaton's car (far lane) in place of usual driver Jim Cornell; Jim Wangers in the Royal car.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Royal/100_7577.jpg

Tenney
08-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Cool, Keith! Many will recognize that trick black Goat from MCACN 1. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Seems your '64 hauls more than the mail, OMT! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 05:03 PM
Few more -

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Royal/img095.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Royal/img092.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Royal/img091.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Royal/img089.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Royal/img088.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Royal/img087.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Royal/img086.jpg

Dave &amp; Ben Wenzel's Camaro in the far lane:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Royal/royalwenzel.jpg

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Caption is self explanatory:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Royal/Thompson2007.jpg

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 05:07 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Royal/img022.jpg

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Not sure who this &quot;Milt Chernock&quot; guy is...

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Royal/img025.jpg

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 05:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tenney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool, Keith! Many will recognize that trick black Goat from MCACN 1. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Seems your '64 hauls more than the mail, OMT! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif

</div></div>

Thanks for hookin' us up, Tenney -

K

StealthBird
08-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Welcome Jim &quot;Old Man&quot; Taylor! I wasn't aware that you didn't know about this site. And I thought Keith checked it out now and then, else I would have sent you an e-mail. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

Keith, my mistake on the 63 GP photo, the file name said 64. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/crazy.gif

Here's a few more interesting ones.

1) Canadian 409 Poncho

2) Keith, you may be able to identify this one. Could this be Brutus, or Mr. Unswitchable?

Mike

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 08:11 PM
We've had some conversation on that one before, and it was not conclusive: I'd say Brutus, because the Mr Unswitchable car used the production style front control arms (not a straight axle in the front).

K

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Since I'm here, a couple more:

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af284/lmseymore/Royal/75723-500-0.jpg

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af284/lmseymore/Royal/DeloreanSwissCheese.jpg

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af284/lmseymore/Royal/RoyalWagon1.jpg

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af284/lmseymore/Royal/Royalcover.jpg

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 08:16 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Woodwardad.jpg

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 08:17 PM
'64 GTO &quot;Flamme&quot; show car -

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/scan0001-1.jpg

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 08:18 PM
How I spent my summer vacation:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/1969-Assembly.jpg

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Pontiac-Oakland airport:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Pontiacairport.jpg

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Here's a few of Arlen Vanke -

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Pont5.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Pont4.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Pont3.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Pont2.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Pont1.jpg

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Vacationing out west -

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Hooverdam2.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Hooverdam1.jpg

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Promotional shot, again here at the GM Tech Center -

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Fountain.jpg

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 08:23 PM
70 GTO brochure -

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/gto70salesbrochure.jpg

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 08:23 PM
Knafel cars:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/knafel63.jpg

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 08:25 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Pontwagon.jpg

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 08:29 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/JESSE.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/DickJesse.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Royal/img034.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Royal/img033.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Royal/img032.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Royal/img031.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Royal/img028.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Royal/img029.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Royal/Aquasco_1252.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Royal/Aquasco_123.jpg

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 08:39 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Royal/DickJesse.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Royal/DickJesseMr_Unswitchable65GTO6-vi.jpg

SS427
08-19-2011, 08:50 PM
I think I have mentioned this before but interesting how the rear axel or at least the axel tubes are black but the backing plates are natural.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/1969-Assembly.jpg [/quote]

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 08:56 PM
'66 GTO promotional shot - notice it has the wrong Rally I centercaps:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/66GTOgolf.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/1962PeteEstes.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/1963-4Flammeshowcar.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/ArlenVanke1-3pontiacSS.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/ArnieBewickhauler.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/GTOs1968.jpg

&quot;The Yard&quot; (the back lot) - Pontiac Assembly:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/Pontiac20Assy_Car20Lot.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/SaginawStlookingnorth.jpg

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Ok - I'm teasin a little bit with that last one; that's actually downtown Pontiac Michigan, looking north on Saginaw Street.

Steam powered Grand Prix; this car still exists and is on display at the GM Heritage Center on occasion:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/SteamGrandPrix.jpg

This car has also been recovered and restored, and is also on display at the Heritage Center:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/TireTestgoat.jpg

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af284/lmseymore/Heritage%20Center%2028Oct09/100_9041.jpg

A couple of &quot;mild customs&quot;, on display out front of Bob Longpre Pontiac -

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/winfieldpontiacs_01_resized.jpg

StealthBird
08-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Great pics Keith!

The 1968 GTO was a classic, and from what I understood in Jim Wangers book, the ad was only used for one month before it was pulled for &quot;promoting street racing&quot;.

The original photo was retouched, the vinyl top was removed, a pole was moved a tad to get it off the front bumper, and a passenger was added. What's weird is that in the retouched photo, it doesn't appear as if anyone is driving! But in reality, the driver is hunched over the steering wheel, looking to the left, waiting for...a street race. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Speaking of the Heritage Center, here is the Motor Trend &quot;Car of the Year&quot; award for the original &quot;Wide Track&quot; design:

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af284/lmseymore/Heritage%20Center%2028Oct09/100_9150.jpg

StealthBird
08-19-2011, 09:12 PM
Original magazine ad for the 1966 GTO, shown wearing non-production 8-lug wheels. In response to the media criticism about high-perf cars not being to stop, Pontiac had plans to offer 8-lug wheels on GTO's. But high costs, along with the fact that disc brakes were on the way, killed the proposal, but not before this ad appeared in dozens of magazines.

RPOLS3
08-19-2011, 09:15 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/1969-Assembly.jpg [/quote]

This is a really cool photo, notice the blackout on the tail pipe, the red body color overspray on the underside of the body, color of the leaf springs, backing plates, how dirty the new rear chrome bumper appears to be, etc.

Are these GM assembly line photos available on the web anywhere?

Jake

StealthBird
08-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Jake (and all), I'll start a thread of assembly line photos, and maybe between Keith an I, we can clear out our libraries. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 09:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GTO_DON</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He had the car from new untill his death. It was a documented tripower m21 car with 390's and transistorized ignition and metallic brakes. http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&amp;Number=26802&amp;filename= 65 GTO RACE CAR!! 040.jpg </div></div>

Just noticed the car does not have the wood grain on the IP cluster. We are starting to see some number of documented '65 GTOs that were built that way (three or so).

Also diggin' the redundant tach, and underdash mounted gages - like these:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/GTO/100_2076.jpg

Those have been in that same spot for 47 years or so (our car was built without the tach, even though it was ordered with it)

Keith Seymore
08-19-2011, 09:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StealthBird</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jake (and all), I'll start a thread of assembly line photos, and maybe between Keith an I, we can clear out our libraries. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif </div></div>

LOL - I think I may have gotten all my vintage Pontiac assembly photos (and videos) from you....

K

Tenney
08-20-2011, 01:23 AM
Scored this beauty new from Mr. Wangers. He repo'd it on his 85th. Always wondered why it was monochromatic w/milked windows - turns out it was used in the '66 big car TV campaign ...

Norwood
08-20-2011, 02:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RPOLS3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/hotrod001/1969-Assembly.jpg </div></div>

This is a really cool photo, notice the blackout on the tail pipe, the red body color overspray on the underside of the body, color of the leaf springs, backing plates, how dirty the new rear chrome bumper appears to be, etc.

Are these GM assembly line photos available on the web anywhere?

Jake

[/quote]

Funny that is not a Firebird in front of it....

StealthBird
08-20-2011, 05:34 AM
Here's one of the 1964 Fremont plant pics. Notice the Olds in front, the Buick having the body lowered, and a Pontiac chassis up next.

Keith Seymore
08-21-2011, 02:49 AM
Yep - last year I was building Cadillac DTS, Buick Lucerne and Chevy Volts all down the same line.

K

StealthBird
08-22-2011, 03:58 AM
Another 1964 Fremont shot. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

CR97WS6
08-22-2011, 04:10 AM
I have a picture of a 65 GTO in front of my father in laws service station in 67 or 68, real cool pic from a slide he found just a few years ago!

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg181/cr97ws6/leelee5.jpg

StealthBird
08-24-2011, 08:19 PM
1969 Firebird at the dragstrip back in the day. Hubcaps pulled.

1969 GTO - Triple Black ragtop, with hideaways. Would love to find this car now.

1969 RAIV Firebird coming out of the hole, left front is skimming the pavement. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

StealthBird
09-02-2011, 04:22 AM

StealthBird
09-07-2011, 06:33 AM
1) Believed to be the only black 72 Trans Am ever made, this car is currently being restored.

2) Brand new 1973 SD-455, with original owner.

3) The original show car that used a heavy metalflake black, with gold accents. This was based off a 1973 proposal, influenced by the John Player Special Formula 1 car. This paint scheme went into production in 1976, and later people knew it as the Bandit paint scheme, thanks to the 1977 movie. The photo shown is a 1974 version, but the car was built as a 1973 SD-455. As the years went by, Pontiac kept updating it with pieces for the current model year, even installing a wraparound rear window for the 1975 show circuit. Note the gold chrome tailpipes! In 1976, Pontiac used black chrome for the tailpipe splitters on the production Special Edition black/gold cars.

4) Factory photo of a rare, red interior 71 Trans Am. Not many were built this way. There was also a 1969 Trans Am built with a red interior, and it recently went through auction.

GTO_DON
09-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Mike I remember that pic of the 71 from years ago but its really a 70 T/A. I think pontiac doctored the photo for the press. Note the Lowback bucket seats in it. I never heard of a 71 with red interior.Your right there are a few 69's and 70's running around that have been sold. The 72 Black car is awesome.

Keith Seymore
09-07-2011, 01:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StealthBird</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1) Believed to be the only black 72 Trans Am ever made, this car is currently being restored.

2) Brand new 1973 SD-455, with original owner.

3) The original show car that used a heavy metalflake black, with gold accents. This was based off a 1973 proposal, influenced by the John Player Special Formula 1 car. This paint scheme went into production in 1976, and later people knew it as the Bandit paint scheme, thanks to the 1977 movie. The photo shown is a 1974 version, but the car was built as a 1973 SD-455. As the years went by, Pontiac kept updating it with pieces for the current model year, even installing a wraparound rear window for the 1975 show circuit. Note the gold chrome tailpipes! In 1976, Pontiac used black chrome for the tailpipe splitters on the production Special Edition black/gold cars.

4) Factory photo of a rare, red interior 71 Trans Am. Not many were built this way. There was also a 1969 Trans Am built with a red interior, and it recently went through auction. </div></div>

Mike - the guy that worked in the Pontiac Studio and designed the black/gold cars - Paul Deeson - is still living and is a member of the Widetrackers chapter.

He also designed the back window on the '63 Grand Prix, the wheel trim for the '63 8 lug wheel, the red line tire, the GTO emblem, has several patents on the GMC motorhome, etc.

You should get ahold of him for a formal interview - he is still sharp as a tack and is a blast to be around.

K

RAIIIT/A
09-07-2011, 06:08 PM
I could be wrong.... but.... That black '72 went through ebay a couple of years ago.

A guy over on PY owns that SD. That picture was taken a few miles from where I used to live.

StealthBird
09-07-2011, 06:09 PM
Don, yes, that actually IS a 70! Typical of a manufacturer to add plates, or change a few items, for publicity photos. There's a lot of them! I should have tagged that as a 70 used for 71 publicity photos.

I'm actually in the process of putting together a webpage about factory promo photo errors. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

Keith, thanks for the heads up. BTW, did you get my message about your 1963 Drag Racing video is back on YouTube?

Alan57
09-11-2011, 05:05 AM
If anyone can help me, I am looking for Pictures or newpaper ads,clipings or anything from, PETERSON MOTOR CO. Storm Lake Iowa.If you have anything please contact me at: [email protected]
Thank you in Advance

Keith Seymore
09-12-2011, 06:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StealthBird</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Keith, thanks for the heads up. BTW, did you get my message about your 1963 Drag Racing video is back on YouTube?

</div></div>

Yes - thank you; although I forgot to follow up. I'll do that shortly.

K

StealthBird
09-30-2011, 12:44 AM
Wanted to keep this thread rolling...

1) Anyone remember &quot;Tons A Fun&quot;? This wagon with the T41 Endura schnoz was a fan favorite for many many years, and always lifted that left front on launch...

2) Very rare 72 GTO post coupe.

3) Fantastic photo of the men behind the 1970 GTO (courtesy HPP). On the right is William Mitchell, Vice President in charge of styling, and next to him is James McDonald, the General Manager of Pontiac Motor Division. The man standing just over the roof line (in the gray suit) is Bill Porter, Chief Designer.

Pont440
11-14-2011, 04:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Old Man Taylor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tenney just told me about this site. I will have to do some digging to see if I have any old pictures of my car. Unfortunately I don't have any of it when I got it, or when I got married in it. I didn't own a camera. This one was taken a few weeks ago when my granddaughter got married.

B/T/W, the blue and white one is not the one I purchased new. The original one is aquamarine, as seen in the picture. I built the blue and white one so I wouldn't keep breaking the original one.</div></div>
OMT,
I see that the Corporal is happy because he got married or because he wanted you to go thru the gears or BOTH!!

Don

trophy421
11-30-2011, 11:28 PM
Great pictures! I love this stuff.

Peter426
04-13-2017, 06:49 PM
http://101.imagebam.com/download/Kngob9edJO_63VHVP6LVmA/54329/543285803/SS-H_GTO.jpg

http://101.imagebam.com/download/e9N_DgoaHQaogYoaE4USBA/54329/543285793/NED54.jpg

http://101.imagebam.com/download/9zbDp_lDoo5UEhzkdneaZA/54329/543285795/ESTA222.jpg

http://101.imagebam.com/download/5bssGJjMU7KyjKZCmFqVZQ/54329/543285800/ESTA223.jpg

Peter426
04-27-2017, 10:57 PM
http://101.imagebam.com/download/gicfTEHRGTDa-q-qHCCC2w/54646/546459498/0img34620copy1-vi.jpg http://101.imagebam.com/download/3ro6rxzODUYxM18Njw0J9g/54554/545530665/0img459202822920copy1-vi.jpg

http://101.imagebam.com/download/LPmGszYBRsqAbF3vbd-Ofw/54554/545530668/bill_truby_collection-%20%28172%29.jpg http://101.imagebam.com/download/tZ2OXZ0k2R1Ovh_9_RNbvg/54554/545530666/bill_truby_collection-%20%28171%29.jpg

Peter426
04-27-2017, 11:08 PM
http://101.imagebam.com/download/7K8dEA3wTf_7X4l1vP5anA/54554/545531210/bill_truby_collection-%20%28455%29.jpg http://101.imagebam.com/download/zyA09ABq7rPtVnVuSO-lxQ/54554/545531211/bill_truby_collection-%20%28463%29.jpg

http://101.imagebam.com/download/9SJrVeLJjIC0zDdg0EUdsg/54554/545531214/bill_truby_collection-%20%28583%29.jpg http://101.imagebam.com/download/UScPeV-Af1WahtpF_saJfw/54554/545531218/bill_truby_collection-%20%28692%29.jpg

Peter426
04-27-2017, 11:09 PM
http://101.imagebam.com/download/_UC2ZQd1RBepuTfpYEvTTw/54554/545531219/img041-vi-1.jpg http://101.imagebam.com/download/7QzNd3rZTiGSx74ssSzlpg/54554/545531221/img070-vi.jpg

http://101.imagebam.com/download/cvwzuCpUWAv7__9fRGoRCw/54554/545531223/img165-vi-1.jpg http://101.imagebam.com/download/uVy6rIZnQU1-72iCAHExsA/54554/545531222/img106-vi.jpg

Peter426
04-27-2017, 11:19 PM
http://101.imagebam.com/download/Xi5Q6awuA7jaG7EVYyD7bA/54554/545531854/img217-vi.jpg http://101.imagebam.com/download/uYCMQbel4XDna_WzBnWdjw/54554/545531858/img252-vi.jpg

http://101.imagebam.com/download/JndINXMwS9fhrjJZy77hdQ/54554/545531859/img308-vi-2.jpg http://101.imagebam.com/download/S0bpqXkPvdihjx8HF4bL8g/54554/545531863/img321-vi-2.jpg

Keith Seymore
04-28-2017, 05:50 PM
http://101.imagebam.com/download/cvwzuCpUWAv7__9fRGoRCw/54554/545531223/img165-vi-1.jpg

Am I seeing this right?

Is that a 64 A body with an 8 lug aluminum wheel on the front?

K

tabooo
04-29-2017, 12:02 AM
http://101.imagebam.com/download/cvwzuCpUWAv7__9fRGoRCw/54554/545531223/img165-vi-1.jpg

Am I seeing this right?

Is that a 64 A body with an 8 lug aluminum wheel on the front?

K
Yes, he's the parts man!

Peter426
05-02-2017, 09:51 PM
http://101.imagebam.com/download/QErI37-EWnse_rb6TxSS9w/54633/546328757/img345-vi-1.jpg http://101.imagebam.com/download/qDbH-2uY5-HLbF0le7HLcQ/54633/546328761/img530-vi.jpg

http://101.imagebam.com/download/lNH-M-89OqDWCzAe9PgSZQ/54633/546328765/img572-vi-2.jpg http://101.imagebam.com/download/rcFG26l_VeutkEwQ9UVohw/54633/546328762/img545-vi.jpg

Peter426
05-02-2017, 10:01 PM
http://101.imagebam.com/download/iKymjxDZW-JVkuhdy75uwg/54633/546328766/img574-vi-1.jpg http://101.imagebam.com/download/D29nFGb_pH3-JYAy7qHBvw/54633/546328767/img578-vi-2.jpg

http://101.imagebam.com/download/IOdzl1J_zFXGhip_HWY2WA/54634/546330028/img825-vi-1.jpg http://101.imagebam.com/download/SsmPXpcQu19_RFHM5mTCuw/54634/546330025/img664-vi.jpg

Peter426
05-03-2017, 12:14 AM
http://101.imagebam.com/download/-v2zbTnG_VHnhVaIFgC-7Q/54554/545530669/bill_truby_collection-%20%28188%29.jpg http://101.imagebam.com/download/8sj7WBcr7evq9tTPlCbenQ/54635/546340721/bill_truby_collection-%20%28473%29.jpg

Peter426
05-11-2017, 10:39 PM
http://101.imagebam.com/download/UBBF68m9kvm8y6VBCQqRfg/54818/548179068/155883468.jpg

olredalert
05-11-2017, 11:29 PM
----Manufacturers plate!.......Bill S

L_e_e
05-12-2017, 01:27 AM
http://101.imagebam.com/download/UBBF68m9kvm8y6VBCQqRfg/54818/548179068/155883468.jpg

Jim: Thanks Roger, you're correct, my nose hairs do need a little tuning up. good thing we stopped to validate to your observation.
Roger: You're welcome Jim, good thing we had the car waxed too..

earntaz
05-12-2017, 12:49 PM
Hood paint (reflection) is awesome -- I Q if it is assembly line norm ... TAZ :dunno:

StealthBird
05-12-2017, 02:39 PM
Here's the car in color. Not sure why they wouldn't have equipped this one with the new-for-1967 Rally II Wheels, but it sure looked sharp anyway. It also had a column shift automatic trans. Prepped and primped through engineering, it made the rounds as a press fleet car. The car still exists today.

Mike

Peter426
05-12-2017, 05:22 PM
http://102.imagebam.com/download/jlDYe7f6FZdvMSaUQkEggQ/54829/548283063/155881916.jpg

Peter426
05-12-2017, 05:29 PM
From Getty Images:

1968 NHRA Winternationals - Pomona. Linda Vaughn, Miss Hurst Golden Shifter, rides on the back of the Hurst Pontiac GTO and waves to appreciative drag racing spectators.

http://102.imagebam.com/download/BNjhd-6Ua9PlUefWLgXBpQ/54829/548284129/163090492.jpg

http://102.imagebam.com/download/fajUc5F_frpp1K7aXhSbpg/54829/548284133/163091466.jpg

1968 NHRA Winternationals - Pomona. Linda Vaughn, Miss Hurst Golden Shifter, poses with Hurst's Jack Duffy, Vice President of Public Relations.

http://102.imagebam.com/download/Jwb6vUJxZ28UQdAKBGnPSQ/54829/548287136/163091483.jpg

Peter426
05-12-2017, 05:36 PM
http://102.imagebam.com/download/f6YvBm8slFQGNGofbzw6IQ/54829/548285032/155881789.jpg

http://102.imagebam.com/download/GrGQ_RCquylYu0nX5qLKdg/54829/548285037/155881821.jpg

http://102.imagebam.com/download/Gj9DeTJam21sR3mZ55WkjQ/54829/548285039/155881822.jpg

http://102.imagebam.com/download/PFveU3OI4YIlgre8cvOoRQ/54829/548285042/155881823.jpg

Peter426
05-12-2017, 05:39 PM
http://102.imagebam.com/download/xNCyRUywBMfL2_iCGmLuaA/54829/548285028/155881710.jpg

Peter426
05-12-2017, 05:39 PM
From Getty Images:

1968 Motor Trend 500 - Riverside - NASCAR. Miss Motor Trend, Mary Lou Schmidt poses with the 1968 Motor Trend Car of the Year the Pontiac GTO.

http://102.imagebam.com/download/GV2LF9z-BFeHl99cDkuBWA/54829/548285063/163091629.jpg

Peter426
05-12-2017, 05:42 PM
http://102.imagebam.com/download/-3tz_VFT1uiNmLsg9kp-Qg/54829/548286097/155880372.jpg

http://102.imagebam.com/download/ggRrvf2R6__-rsqjqek-kA/54829/548286107/155880376.jpg

Peter426
05-12-2017, 05:44 PM
From Getty Images:

1966 NHRA Tulsa World Championship Finals Drags. With the Ace Wilson's Pontiac GeeTO Tiger mascot behind the wheel this high-performance 1966 GTO makes an exhibition run for the spectators at the NHRA World Finals.

http://102.imagebam.com/download/7TQ9Tr1YV6x0UwmkPl7jpg/54829/548286449/163092537.jpg

Peter426
05-12-2017, 05:48 PM
From Getty Images:

1967 NHRA Nationals Drag Race - Indianapolis. Miss Hurst Golden Shifter, Linda Vaughn, smiles from her perch on the back of the Hurst Pontiac Bonneville while Woody Gilmore and Bill Jenkins of the Car Craft All-Star Drag Racing Team sit atop the rear seat.

http://102.imagebam.com/download/iDAbcUeP8dV8JrqaQineGg/54829/548288071/155881876.jpg

http://102.imagebam.com/download/bJ6UYWJEZc2ldqmsonYwpQ/54829/548288088/163091799.jpg

http://102.imagebam.com/download/ABLqQXq2PYmT8loBabh4mQ/54829/548289150/155881875.jpg

http://102.imagebam.com/download/DKdaoxW_jwbGkt_-GbdoWQ/54829/548288080/155881879.jpg

RichSchmidt
05-19-2017, 09:37 PM
From Getty Images:

http://102.imagebam.com/download/DKdaoxW_jwbGkt_-GbdoWQ/54829/548288080/155881879.jpg

Eyes on the road Grump! :)

Peter426
08-01-2017, 12:03 AM
Eyes on the road Grump! :)

Lol. That's not the Grump. :-)

Peter426
08-01-2017, 12:04 AM
https://image.ibb.co/de9uFQ/img464_vi_1.jpg https://image.ibb.co/c9vWUk/img1045_vi.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/jP4GUk/img825_vi_1.jpg https://image.ibb.co/eHyMvQ/img981_vi.jpg

Peter426
08-01-2017, 12:18 AM
https://image.ibb.co/mxR8aQ/img875_vi.jpg https://image.ibb.co/nOLLN5/img1035_vi.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/egdoaQ/img895_vi_1.jpg https://image.ibb.co/h218aQ/img894_vi.jpg

Peter426
08-07-2017, 11:36 PM
https://image.ibb.co/dbQuPv/img1089_vi.jpg https://image.ibb.co/dcViHF/img1087_vi_1.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/emA5Wa/img1036_vi.jpg https://image.ibb.co/m54tHF/img1097_vi.jpg

Peter426
10-16-2017, 10:14 PM
https://image.ibb.co/cQHri6/041970_19001.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/crLoVm/Brutus_68_SS_Nationals001.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/hV4twR/Brutus_FC_68_SS_Nationals0012.jpg

Peter426
10-16-2017, 10:15 PM
https://image.ibb.co/nasMGR/Don_Gay_FC_68_SS_Nationals001.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/dEtWi6/Arnie_Beswick_68_SS_Nationals001.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/nzMHO6/Beswick_2_FC_68_SS_Nationals001.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/c1NfbR/050068_1a001.jpg

Peter426
10-16-2017, 10:22 PM
https://image.ibb.co/hjwHO6/040168_1001.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/eNZtwR/062170_14.jpg

Peter426
10-16-2017, 10:54 PM
https://image.ibb.co/h6C2qm/07_G.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/dALBi6/43_G.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/e9NJVm/63_G.jpg

Peter426
10-16-2017, 11:01 PM
https://image.ibb.co/m2sri6/60pont1.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/d9ZtwR/58_G.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/cnUtwR/bestwick62pontiac_SS.jpg

Peter426
10-16-2017, 11:17 PM
https://image.ibb.co/fjtgi6/George_Delorean12pontiac_SS.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/djHkAm/Harold_Ramsey2pontiac_SS.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/gNsJVm/img345_KSTOCK.jpg

Peter426
10-17-2017, 12:08 AM
https://image.ibb.co/d8KyVm/don_gay_01.jpg

Peter426
10-17-2017, 05:17 AM
https://image.ibb.co/fEF3fm/the_blue_twister.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/bJ7wY6/scan0100.jpg

Peter426
10-23-2017, 09:50 PM
https://image.ibb.co/hfAWO6/Ia_FS_1960_Pontiac_3896_001vi_vi_b.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/iVWubR/ity_Ia_FS_1961_Pont_3896_001vi_vi_b.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/ebmhVm/City_Ia_GSA_1958_Pontiac_001vi_vi_b.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/dhWGqm/inals_dallastexas_AAA_1_redovi_vi_b.jpg

Peter426
10-23-2017, 10:08 PM
https://image.ibb.co/ep0jAm/1969_Pontiac_gto_400_RA4_002vi_vi_b.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/bK0nwR/ntsmeet_1969_GTOJudge_DS_001vi_vi_b.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/bXjcVm/C_R_P_1970_Pontiac_GTORAHS_001vi_vi_b.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/m3UBqm/CRP1969_Pontiac_GTOJudge_DS_001vi_vi_b.jpg

Peter426
10-23-2017, 10:22 PM
https://image.ibb.co/hj87wR/ints_Meet_1971_Firebird455_HSvi_vi_b.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/jRWhVm/ity_Dragway_stocker_Pont_MSA_01vi_vi_b.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/je5HVm/Points_Meet_1968_GTO_ESA_002vi_vi_b.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/nbn9bR/Points_Meet_1971_Firebird_HSAvi_vi_b.jpg

Peter426
10-23-2017, 10:45 PM
https://image.ibb.co/bRb5i6/Speedway_park_1.jpg

Peter426
10-24-2017, 11:16 PM
https://image.ibb.co/j4Eo5m/larry_johnson.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/bZfT5m/Bob_Toyer_In_The_Pits.jpg

Peter426
10-31-2017, 07:51 AM
https://image.ibb.co/cYvBhb/comanche.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/kuHfaw/ill_legal_1974_nationals.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/eFnDvw/mimi_gto.jpg

StriperSS
11-01-2017, 04:16 AM

Trapp Motors was in New Westminster, BC, just outside Vancouver, Syndicate Scuderia was Jack Williams who campaigned some pretty cool cars in the 60's. Pretty good engine buider!

Peter426
11-01-2017, 08:55 PM
Trapp Motors was in New Westminster, BC, just outside Vancouver, Syndicate Scuderia was Jack Williams who campaigned some pretty cool cars in the 60's. Pretty good engine buider!

Thanks for the history. I always enjoy hearing it.

Pete

Peter426
11-01-2017, 08:55 PM
https://image.ibb.co/nR9h7b/lowe_easley.jpg

auwrestling
11-01-2017, 10:48 PM
https://image.ibb.co/ep0jAm/1969_Pontiac_gto_400_RA4_002vi_vi_b.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/bK0nwR/ntsmeet_1969_GTOJudge_DS_001vi_vi_b.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/bXjcVm/C_R_P_1970_Pontiac_GTORAHS_001vi_vi_b.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/m3UBqm/CRP1969_Pontiac_GTOJudge_DS_001vi_vi_b.jpg

After being raced in Kansas in the 70s The 1970 black RAIV judge " BIG IRON "was purchased and brought to Rochester New York there it was raced in the 70s and 80s and then about 10 years ago it was purchased out-of-state and restored now it's in a collection somewhere

Peter426
11-01-2017, 11:04 PM
After being raced in Kansas in the 70s The 1970 black RAIV judge " BIG IRON "was purchased and brought to Rochester New York there it was raced in the 70s and 80s and then about 10 years ago it was purchased out-of-state and restored now it's in a collection somewhere

Pete

Peter426
11-01-2017, 11:04 PM
https://image.ibb.co/bWvYDG/miss_hurst_golden_shifter_and_cardboard_likenesses .jpg

Peter426
11-01-2017, 11:23 PM
https://image.ibb.co/jXXu3G/SN77166.jpg

auwrestling
11-02-2017, 01:55 AM

Pete

You're welcome , thanks for posting these pictures , there great !

Keith Seymore
11-02-2017, 03:08 PM
https://image.ibb.co/jXXu3G/SN77166.jpg

Judging from the removed diff cover and brake drums I'd venture to say Rock Running is not having a very good day.

:(

Astock
11-02-2017, 06:25 PM
What's up with the slick white outfits, knowing you're going to be wrenching.
Glad to see this guy has his slicks under the rockers in case those Mickey mouse jack stands/jack take a walk. Not sure if the front tires are chalked, or raised.

Peter426
11-02-2017, 06:52 PM
What's up with the slick white outfits, knowing you're going to be wrenching.
Glad to see this guy has his slicks under the rockers in case those Mickey mouse jack stands/jack take a walk. Not sure if the front tires are chalked, or raised.

I don't know about the outfit but I do agree with the slicks. Placing the tires underneath the car (even if only jacking up the back of the car) has been my modus operandi for years. The extra insurance never hurts.

Pete

Peter426
11-02-2017, 06:54 PM
Judging from the removed diff cover and brake drums I'd venture to say Rock Running is not having a very good day.

:(

I dunno. A gear change because of different track conditions perhaps? Btw, did ya notice this is a T-37 model?

Pete

Astock
11-02-2017, 07:04 PM

I tried to buy that yellow '69 ra4 Stephen's Firebird about 17 years ago. Stayed in touch with the owner for quite awhile. I like this '67 white fbird.

Peter426
11-03-2017, 12:43 AM
I tried to buy that yellow '69 ra4 Stephen's Firebird about 17 years ago. Stayed in touch with the owner for quite awhile.

Too bad you weren't successful. I always liked their race cars.

https://image.ibb.co/icCofw/Dover_Drag_Strip_26.jpg

Peter426
11-03-2017, 12:52 AM
https://image.ibb.co/cscbYG/1972_Summernationals_14.jpg https://image.ibb.co/jfnM0w/1972_Summernationals_15.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/hYeZLw/1972_Summernationals_24.jpg https://image.ibb.co/fm4C7b/Indy1972_21.jpg

Peter426
11-03-2017, 01:13 AM
https://image.ibb.co/gmmBYG/old_timer.jpg

Peter426
11-03-2017, 01:22 AM
https://image.ibb.co/buVG0w/dynamic_automotive.jpg

Peter426
11-03-2017, 01:50 AM
https://image.ibb.co/gmyrYG/fosby_s.jpg

Keith Seymore
11-03-2017, 12:38 PM
I dunno. A gear change because of different track conditions perhaps?
Pete

Changing a ring and pinion at the track in these cars is no fun, regardless of the motivation...

:( :(

Keith Seymore
11-03-2017, 12:39 PM
Btw, did ya notice this is a T-37 model?

Pete

Yes - he's quite famous for that -

K

Peter426
11-18-2017, 07:01 PM
Anyone see this car run back in the day? I did. Awesome body-twisting torque. :)

https://image.ibb.co/n9Et06/image216.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/g0Ut06/image217.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/kwWvDR/image167.jpg

Peter426
11-18-2017, 07:16 PM
https://image.ibb.co/bL4wnm/Arlen_Vanke4.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/gLgvDR/myrtle_motor_67_firebird.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/kmwLDR/swisscheesepontiac.jpg

Peter426
11-18-2017, 08:33 PM
https://image.ibb.co/ioa0f6/989.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/hBdstR/1010.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/hirCtR/1048.jpg

Peter426
11-18-2017, 08:49 PM
My father, then my mother, used to own a car like this, 370 cu. in. 2-bbl. engine, white with green insert (or whatever the body relief, aka rocket ship, is called). This is the very first car this (then) 15-year-old ever power-braked and did a burnout with--more than once--unbeknownst to my parents. :D Gas station attendants nine times out of ten couldn't find the gas filler neck. Could you? Lol.

https://image.ibb.co/ho8stR/leo_kannon_b.jpg

Peter426
11-18-2017, 08:53 PM
https://image.ibb.co/kr9OYR/poor_man_s_tiger.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/dciBL6/jackshawvi.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/dPeMnm/rockys_1.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/keVGL6/scan0005.jpg

Peter426
11-20-2017, 09:41 PM
https://image.ibb.co/ipyPa6/big_john_mason_b.jpg

Peter426
11-20-2017, 09:50 PM
https://image.ibb.co/gtjK8R/chieftain_02.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/cv54a6/chieftain.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/mniCTR/chieftain_03.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/naLsTR/chieftain_04.jpg

bbbentley
11-21-2017, 12:18 AM
Wow! Another full size vert. And what a trophy...gal??!!:naughty::naughty::naughty:

Peter426
11-24-2017, 12:20 AM
Wow! Another full size vert. And what a trophy...gal??!!:naughty::naughty::naughty:

More like a Playboy Bunny. :D

Pete

Peter426
11-24-2017, 12:21 AM
Non-Endura bumper GTO. Not too common.

https://image.ibb.co/nE9qk6/stephen_pontiac_00_b.jpg

Peter426
11-24-2017, 12:37 AM
https://image.ibb.co/eNZO56/stephen_pontiac_03.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/di2Ak6/stephen_pontiac_02_b.jpg

Peter426
11-24-2017, 12:42 AM
https://image.ibb.co/cAPqk6/stephen_pontiac_04_b.jpg

Peter426
11-24-2017, 12:42 AM
https://image.ibb.co/fsfkJR/stephen_pontiac.jpg

Peter426
11-24-2017, 10:57 PM
https://image.ibb.co/kE54yR/wade_o_oldies_143_b.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/cnD2k6/tin_indian_02.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/fEt9V6/Bruce_walton.jpg

Peter426
12-06-2017, 09:45 PM
https://image.ibb.co/h9cW7w/donald_goldman0007_png.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/jSx0Zb/Don_Gay_On_The_Return_Road.jpg

Peter426
12-08-2017, 01:10 AM
I don't know about you, but I think these full-size Ponchos were and still are cool.

https://image.ibb.co/nyJ19b/honest_injun.jpg

Peter426
12-12-2017, 07:42 PM
https://image.ibb.co/nDLkPb/Dover_Drag_Strip_26.jpg

Peter426
12-14-2017, 08:05 PM
https://image.ibb.co/fSo2qR/alan_mandella_01.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/hOKmH6/alan_mandella_02.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/jC6Yx6/alan_mandella_03.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/e4ELc6/alan_mandella_04.jpg

Peter426
12-14-2017, 08:08 PM
https://image.ibb.co/mYdXPm/Bud_Lias_57_Poncho_001.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/naPHqR/john_thropp_01.jpg

Peter426
12-14-2017, 09:13 PM
Here come Arnie Beswick's Judge! I believe it had a Ram Air V engine back in the day.

https://image.ibb.co/mJSsPm/the_judge.png

Peter426
12-14-2017, 10:25 PM
https://image.ibb.co/bPRKLR/brigham_gill_pontiac_01.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/b5tAS6/big_red_01.jpg

"Hey, hey, we're the Monkees..." :D

https://image.ibb.co/nvRaum/bj20_m.jpg

Lee Stewart
12-15-2017, 12:11 AM
https://s26.postimg.org/go7orjgyx/ehrtjhertjh.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/hdqh3whid/)

Peter426
12-15-2017, 11:46 PM
https://s26.postimg.org/go7orjgyx/ehrtjhertjh.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/hdqh3whid/)

Wow! Cool!

Peter426
12-15-2017, 11:46 PM
https://image.ibb.co/dzExQR/towne1.jpg

Peter426
12-22-2017, 06:08 AM
https://image.ibb.co/hwSfn6/163095910.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/gBw6S6/163095263.jpg

Peter426
12-22-2017, 06:22 AM
SEPTEMBER 15, 1966: GTO Tiger TV Advertising. Behind the scenes photos of a film shoot using a live Tiger to sell the 1966 Pontiac GeeTO Tiger.

https://image.ibb.co/fLxufR/163093907.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/n7a2Zm/163093906.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/cUQQn6/163093905.jpg

Peter426
12-22-2017, 06:29 AM
https://image.ibb.co/n6bFn6/163093741.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/c2CXZm/163093742.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/gfZPfR/163093743.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/cD1gS6/163093744.jpg

Peter426
12-22-2017, 06:32 AM
https://image.ibb.co/gaAKEm/163093745.jpg