PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to Pontiac Dealers

grantprix
07-20-2011, 05:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xhFXoWdtIQ

tjs44
07-23-2011, 05:23 AM
Outstanding!Did not see Bill Barry pontiac,did see Casey Beckem pontiac in anahiem ca where I bought a new 70 GP.Also saw my CO,Big5 Sporting Goods at the end.Been working for them for 44 years and will be retiring on July29th!Tom

CC Rider
07-23-2011, 06:30 AM
Neat video.

RAIIIT/A
07-24-2011, 07:17 AM
I saw Bonander.... they are in Turlock and Madera.... and still in business. I also saw Mazzei out of Antioch. They moved to a new facility in about '04... and went under in '08

Brewster
07-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Awesome, Thanks for posting!

grantprix
07-24-2011, 09:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RAIIIT/A</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw Bonander.... they are in Turlock and Madera.... and still in business. I also saw Mazzei out of Antioch. They moved to a new facility in about '04... and went under in '08 </div></div>

I met Mr. Bonander at the Pontiac show in Madera a few years back. Really nice guy, he sat right down in my extra lawn chair and we talked Pontiacs for a good 30 minutes or more. I was hoping too see the Sacramento Mike Salta dealership in the video, but the ones shown looked to be from other locations. I did see Delta Pontiac in Stockton. Here's a cool '69 vintage license frame and insert from Delta Pontiac...

MrsBillyBobcat
07-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Cool video! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif Thanks for posting it Grant! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

MrsBillyBobcat
07-30-2011, 04:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tjs44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Outstanding!Did not see Bill Barry pontiac,did see Casey Beckem pontiac in anahiem ca where I bought a new 70 GP.Also saw my CO,Big5 Sporting Goods at the end.Been working for them for 44 years and will be retiring on July29th!Tom </div></div>

<span style="font-size: 14pt"> <span style="color: #3333FF">CONGRATULATIONS on your retirement Tom!!! </span></span> <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

WOW! 44 years at the same place! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif

RAIIIT/A
07-31-2011, 01:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: grantprix</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RAIIIT/A</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw Bonander.... they are in Turlock and Madera.... and still in business. I also saw Mazzei out of Antioch. They moved to a new facility in about '04... and went under in '08 </div></div>

I met Mr. Bonander at the Pontiac show in Madera a few years back. Really nice guy, he sat right down in my extra lawn chair and we talked Pontiacs for a good 30 minutes or more. I was hoping too see the Sacramento Mike Salta dealership in the video, but the ones shown looked to be from other locations. I did see Delta Pontiac in Stockton. Here's a cool '69 vintage license frame and insert from Delta Pontiac...

</div></div>

That is like new! Where did you find it?

BTW - I forgot to mention..... my '05 GTO was bought new at Mazzei.

StealthBird
07-31-2011, 01:53 AM
I had 3 pics of Delta Pontiac, but I think I only used 1 in the video.

By 1974, Delta Pontiac became one of the very few GM dealers to share their lot with AMC. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

grantprix
07-31-2011, 02:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RAIIIT/A</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

That is like new! Where did you find it?

BTW - I forgot to mention..... my '05 GTO was bought new at Mazzei. </div></div>

I helped a guy out with some GP parts a few years ago and these were in the trunk of a '69 GP he had just bought. I asked if I could have them and he gave them to me. Looks like they were removed when new and stored away, nearly perfect other than a couple of bug splatters from the drive home I suspect. There were two inserts, but only one frame. The frames usually didn't fit on the GP rear gas door so it may have just had the insert back there?

grantprix
07-31-2011, 02:26 AM
So, you made this video... thank you for putting this together! I really enjoy watching it and the music is great as well. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

CR97WS6
08-24-2011, 02:41 AM
It was awesome seeing all those awesome cars on the lot waiting to be taken home, I did spot the one I want too, the 69 T/A.