PDA

View Full Version : Day 2 parts discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

napa68
07-23-2011, 08:39 PM
I'll get a thread started here to separate the Day 2 cars from the parts.

I ran into a friend and his Dad today at a car show. We started talking about the 62 Corvette I just bought and some of the little things that would make you believe the car was drag raced early on. One item that came up in discussion (that I never heard of) was early scattershields. My buddy's Father (Rick) spoke of scattershields that were actually bolted to the frame rails and just protected the drivers feet (top of the bellhousing if I understand it correctly)He also told me of a scattershield he had recieved from Chris (aka SIRVIVOR) that came from his 62 409 car.

Besides the traction bars on my car (matches the patina of the chassis), the car has 2ea. 5/8 bolts welded into the frame right in the proximity of the bellhousing.

Any pictures?
Thoughts?
Old catalogs?

This discussion has me interested. My car is missing the original transmission and center section (HMMMMMMMMMMMMM). Obviously, the car was abused. I am trying to put some of the clues together.

In advance, thanks for the time and effort.

Tim

napa68
07-23-2011, 10:55 PM
I did find this on a Google search.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312703

Anyone have one or at least good pics?

Tim

black69
08-09-2011, 08:00 AM
from a day 2 parts perspective, I have a chance to buy some 15 x 12 cragars to go on my challenger. They have mickey thompson indy profile n50s on them which match what used to be on the car.

Any guess on tire age?: dot code is CY6ETA35290

I read that the last digit is likely the year, but they could be 70 or 80 vintage, or even 90?

also, how do you really tell old cragars from newer ones? I am assuming the chrome plating back in the day was better than what you get today.

whitetop
08-09-2011, 05:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">from a day 2 parts perspective, I have a chance to buy some 15 x 12 cragars to go on my challenger. They have mickey thompson indy profile n50s on them which match what used to be on the car.

Any guess on tire age?: dot code is CY6ETA35290

I read that the last digit is likely the year, but they could be 70 or 80 vintage, or even 90?

also, how do you really tell old cragars from newer ones? I am assuming the chrome plating back in the day was better than what you get today.

</div></div>

Post a pic as it's really hard to tell what you have. I can tell by the kickup in the lip and center section features. If the lug nut area is fog painted they are pre mid 1980's. All Cragar wheels before then were fog painted a very light silver in the lug nut pockets.

1. Cragar never made 15 x 12's unless special order and that was extremely rare as you had to order directly from Cragar and wait forever and it was very expensive. Most likely 15 x 10's and the seller is guestimating on the width or measuring outer lip to outer lip instead of in between the lips which would be hard since tires are on them.
2. Cragar chrome is 500 percent better today. It was pretty lousey back in the 60-80's. Crappy actually.

If the M/T have in white letters SS (soft compound)on the sidewall they are newer.
Hope this helps.

black69
08-09-2011, 05:53 PM
I have the wheels now, I just have to return them quick if I am not going to buy them.

the chrome is consistent in the lug area, and not toned down. there is light pitting in the back of the wheel, but the chrome on the front of the wheel is perfect for my day 2 ride. actually it looks awesome, just ever so light pitting starting on one spoke, and the hub cap has one pit starting. . they are 12 inch wide.

If I can date the tires, I can date the wheels, I am assuming both came to be at the same time. the s/s on the tires is white like you say (must be newer). picture comes tonight. I did call mickey thompson, and they said the are really old tires (could not decipher the old code), likely 80s or a 90 tire at best, but cant tell. they said as soon as I drive them, they will crack under load.

69L78
08-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Attached are pics of a pair of NOS hubcaps I just picked up and the gentleman told me to the best of his memory they have been sitting in his shop for over 20 yrs, (look at the old box). As you can see these do not have the trade mark insignia in a small circle that all the newer cragar's seem to have, maybe this will help identifying the year.

whitetop
08-09-2011, 08:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the wheels now, I just have to return them quick if I am not going to buy them.

the chrome is consistent in the lug area, and not toned down. there is light pitting in the back of the wheel, but the chrome on the front of the wheel is perfect for my day 2 ride. actually it looks awesome, just ever so light pitting starting on one spoke, and the hub cap has one pit starting. . they are 12 inch wide.

If I can date the tires, I can date the wheels, I am assuming both came to be at the same time. the s/s on the tires is white like you say (must be newer). picture comes tonight. I did call mickey thompson, and they said the are really old tires (could not decipher the old code), likely 80s or a 90 tire at best, but cant tell. they said as soon as I drive them, they will crack under load. </div></div>

The soft compound S/S series tires came out in the early 80's (still being made to this day)and they still made the real N50-15 regular rubber tires into the very early 90's then stopped. Instead of S/S they said 50. Legally they tell you they will crack but depends on how they were kept = plus they want to sell you new tires. I would not drive 500 miles to a show but crusing locally would probabaly be alright. I know a guy with a mid 70's set of N50's (Kelly Springfield) and they are still going strong and he drives the car to shows all over the place. I have 4 sets of N50 pro tracs from the same time period and they are still soft with no cracks or dry rot.

If there is no trace of silver paint in the lug nut pocket they are probably post mid 80's.

mockingbird812
08-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Nice score Jeff. Those look just beautiful. Do you have some Cragar SSs to put them on?

black69
08-09-2011, 09:19 PM
thanks, that helps on the decoding, I have the copyright circle on the caps. so I am leaning towards 1980/1990 vintage at this point, using the last number (0) in the dot tire code, and the copyright circle on the cap. I would think 65-70 would be the older wheel vintage period.

PxTx
08-10-2011, 02:53 AM
I've seen skinny Cragar wheels without the unilug dated as late as 1982. Yes, the chrome was not that great early on. Don't recall right now when it started being done in Mexico. Anyone have a set of them for a point of reference?

These wheels here i never dismounted, but suspect the caps were simply put on by a previous owner from a newer set.

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww101/Plowman7/cfront1.jpg

I've also owned unilug wheels that were dated 1978, and they were 15x8. If I knew this, then I forgot it now, but when did the unilug start being offered? I know early ones had an aluminum insert. Have a few, just don't have a pic handy.

Those caps you posted seem to be great examples of the early generation. No &quot;R&quot; and the blue color is lighter (and not as consistent) as the later ones.

For a while, I was on an acquisition grabbing as many of those as I could. Lost count after 2 dozen. Despite what the part number reads, be careful of what you buy. I've had a few which did not like to fit the old wheels. Ended up splitting a few when I tightened the screw. My point being that they can be NOS for a reason- like poor fit.

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww101/Plowman7/PxTx/cragar.jpg

Although you can't see the dates on the wheels when tires are mounted, I still like the sets I have dated form 1969 and older. I'll try to post a pic of dates tomorrow.

whitetop
08-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Cragar has had 3 versions of unilug wheels. The first was called varilug,1971-1972 ish, and used little aluminum rings behind the wheels but those were weak so they came out with thick 3/4&quot; thick adapter plates but these were a pita to keep centered behind the wheel when installing it. The &quot;one piece&quot; unilug we all know today came out in mid 70's around 1974.

Cragar was making Cragars in Mexico in the mid 70's. I have a set of NOS 15 x 10's stamped made in Mexico 1976 and the chrome is very nice but have a set of 14 x 6's nos made in USA in the early 80's and the chrome is good but not as good as the Mexico chrome.

Besides the generaly crappy chrome, early Cragars had alot of castings defects in the cast center sections and the rims also were not plated that well.

All speed parts are better made today as people are more picky and they have better casting technigues. Old intakes from Edelbrock and Weiand were horrendous in terms of casting defects if you ever compare them to todays versions

olredalert
08-10-2011, 04:25 PM
----Im curious as to weather the whole Crager wheel was made in Mexico or only the part you saw that was stamped &quot;made in Mexico&quot;???......Bill S

SS427
08-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Figures you would have the in depth info. That is why you are an asset here. Welcome back!

whitetop
08-10-2011, 05:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: olredalert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">----Im curious as to weather the whole Crager wheel was made in Mexico or only the part you saw that was stamped &quot;made in Mexico&quot;???......Bill S </div></div>

The whole wheel was made in Mexico. Cragar made them in both the US and Mexico. I have a bunch of nos Cragars and some of the boxes say made in Mexico and some made in USA. I don't necessarily think they made them in Mexico to save money as some of the wheels I have are made in the US after the Mexican ones. Maybe they used Mexico at the time to meet demand??

Chrome is also way different than early Cragars. New ones are more shinier/deep and use a
darker chrome if you compare them side by side. Early ones used a &quot;white&quot; hexevelant chrome which I believe has been banned in the US for some time but a version of hexevelant chrome is still available IIR. I can't remember the official name of the chrome they used so that term might be incorrect but it is no longer available in the US. White hexevelant chrome was an industrial chrome they used on sink fixtures and curtain rods etc.

I learned about white hexevelant chrome the hard way = $$$. Had Pauls Chrome and also Stockton wheel replate some wheels-the color comparison was like an Oreo cookie versus the nos wheels I had. The new replated chrome was shinier and better but it would have been noticable on the car if I used my NOS rears. If you have all four replated most people would not notice or not know there was a difference from the originals anyway

mockingbird812
08-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Good info whitetop! Much appreciated.

Plowman
08-10-2011, 09:08 PM
x2 on that whitetop.

whitetop
08-10-2011, 10:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good info whitetop! Much appreciated. </div></div>

Valuable lesson learned. $800 plating fee from Pauls for 2 wheels( I wanted the best show chrome) $175 welding fee from Stockton and $60.00 shipping. Wheels returned from Stockton and I was happy with them. Couple years later placed them on a sunny day on my back deck along with mrecently acquired NOS 15 x 10 rears and it was Ohhh fudge....

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/katiejrod/default/only-didnt-say-fudge--large-msg-126170620051.jpg

Had another set replated by Stockton who said the chrome would be correct..it was not but more correct than Paul's but still off. Took my nos ones to Custom Chrome in Medina Oh and said&quot; Can you match this chrome?&quot; and the platers said &quot;yeah but I would have to send them out to a 3rd world country whose frogs have 3 eyes&quot; and he gave me a short lesson on banned chrome in the developed world

So disgusted ended up selling them to a guy dirt cheap and he had his used rears replated to match the fronts. I probably should have done the same thing but just didn't care anymore. Out of site out of mind.

mockingbird812
08-10-2011, 10:22 PM
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif

Salvatore
08-10-2011, 10:33 PM
Arn't you guys glad Day-2 Dave is back? The man!

mockingbird812
08-10-2011, 10:36 PM
You ain't just a woofin' Sammy! The true el Presidente of all things Day-Two!

Salvatore
08-11-2011, 02:07 AM
Lets work on Eddie. He can't keep all those cars as showroom. They never were meant for that! Don Yenko would be mad at him!

olredalert
08-11-2011, 03:04 AM
----Thanks Whitetop! Thats interesting stuff. What part of Ohio are you from? Im from Medina and dont remember Custom Chrome, but have been gone from that area for many years. Actually I dont remember any chrome platers from that area, but then at my age the memory does slip just a bit......Bill S

six-corners
08-11-2011, 03:46 AM
Thank you VERY much. Just this past weekend I was talking to a friend about older Cragars vs. the newer ones. I had no proof on my observations, now I have something to send him regarding this subject. Thank you again!!

68l30
08-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Bill, Custom Chrome is on Rt. 57 in Grafton...Best platers around hands down!

Steve

black69
08-11-2011, 05:53 PM
whitetop, I bow in your general direction. Man you know your stuff. I had no idea there was the potential for different looking chrome out there. wow.
that really helped as one would think some nos wheels up front would blend with new wheels in back.

on a side note, for cragar lovers, cragar STILL will make custom offets for any SS wheel. If the 80s/90s 15x12's do not fit perfectly when I test fit them here soon, I will be on the path of a custom offet. Only $50 per wheel charge. new chrome.

PxTx
08-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Yes, they do custom offset. Be sure to specify that you want unilug centers. Maybe the 80/90 designation is enough. The non-unilug setup now takes traditional acorn lug nuts and ruin's the look I have grown to love.

Somthing about those mag wheel shouldered lugs with the chunky washers that just looks right, compared to the well and acorn lug sits in.

http://www.jegs.com/images/photos/200/260/260-61614.jpg

http://www.jegs.com/images/photos/200/260/260-61C511242.jpg

whitetop
08-11-2011, 09:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whitetop, I bow in your general direction. Man you know your stuff. I had no idea there was the potential for different looking chrome out there. wow.
that really helped as one would think some nos wheels up front would blend with new wheels in back.

on a side note, for cragar lovers, cragar STILL will make custom offets for any SS wheel. If the 80s/90s 15x12's do not fit perfectly when I test fit them here soon, I will be on the path of a custom offet. Only $50 per wheel charge. new chrome.

</div></div>

Couple of years ago Cragar changed their wheel mold and went to a flat spoke on the SS. You can see it in this pic. Kinda looks like the old AMT model kits that had Cragars, that while called Cragars you knew they where not right. The originals had a curved spoke. Besides coloring the new ones are not even close to the originals. If yuo are a stickler for original, very good used and new ones with the curved spoke are still on the 'bay every so often but you have to be patient.

http://www.jegs.com/images/photos/200/260/260-08152.jpg

Here is an old set..you can see the curvature on the spokes. Of course 99 percent of the people out there don't know there is a difference and to be honest don't care.

http://cgi.ebay.com/set-vintage-Cragar-S...=item4cf950510e (http://cgi.ebay.com/set-vintage-Cragar-S-S-14-inch-steel-wheels-/330600304910?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &amp;hash=item4cf950510e)

whitetop
08-16-2011, 02:14 AM
Here is a good shot of an early nos Cragar with the fogged in painted lug nut pockets. All early pre mid 80's Cragars were this way. The new ones have a deep rich chrome in the lug nut pockets and too me look too blingey.

Some of the nos Cragars I have have more paint and some less less in the pockets.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k572/OGCPICS/5ac3_1.jpg

black69
08-16-2011, 07:04 AM
well its a bummer the mint wheels I test fitted are sticking out 1 inch past the lip. I wanted it to stop at the lip. time for a custom offset.
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo29/xxxblack69/DSC08409.jpg

Salvatore
08-16-2011, 01:02 PM
well they do NOT look bad!

mockingbird812
08-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Ain't that what air shocks are for? It'll give you that wide-track ride! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif Can't let the Poncho guys have all of the fun! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

black69
08-17-2011, 12:12 AM
she still has the air shocks (74? vintage)

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo29/xxxblack69/DSC08378.jpg

here is the '1 inch too far pic'

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo29/xxxblack69/DSC08404.jpg

kevn suydam has a good example of how I want the car to end up looking in the back.

http://corvettes-musclecars.com/gallery2/v/KevinRaceCars/1970+Hemi+Cuda/Hemi+Cuda.jpg.html

whitetop
08-17-2011, 12:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

here is the '1 inch too far pic'

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo29/xxxblack69/DSC08404.jpg

</div></div>

I actually think it looks nice.

I still think you have 10&quot; rims. M/T N50's tread width are about 11 3/4-12&quot; wide give or take. If the rims were 12's the rim would be ballooning out past the sidewall/tread because the outside lip would be about 14&quot; wide and it appears not to be doing so in your pic.

The rims outside edge appears to be equal or slightly less of the tire tread of 12 inches. You also do not have much negative (reverse) deep dish offset. If those were 12's your tires would be way into the rear leaf springs and most likely would have needed a shock relocation kit.

I have 10's on my car with N50's and they have the same exact look as yours. My 10's measure 12' outside lip to outside lip.

Cool Monroe shocks-def 70's vintage.

Salvatore
08-17-2011, 12:33 AM
Leave it IMO.

whitetop
08-17-2011, 12:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: [email protected]</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Leave it IMO. </div></div>

Yep, and the tires look fine to use.

PxTx
08-17-2011, 01:56 AM
I agree that the look on the car Suydam has is very tasteful.

http://corvettes-musclecars.com/gallery2/d/6282-2/Hemi+Cuda.jpg

http://corvettes-musclecars.com/gallery2/d/6306-1/scan0001.jpg

I actually am a fan of the Mopar look when you move the spring pearch inboard, run a real fat tire and keep it within the wheel well.

I think my wife's 1971 Duster had a 10&quot; wide wheel in the stock wheel house. Ran a set of N50's and it was tight. Later went to the 295/50.

You can't go wrong with having another set of mag wheels for your car. I say get a set with the inboad off-set you want and hang onto these too!

markjohnson
08-17-2011, 02:17 AM
As Bad-Ass &amp; Tuff as a fat-tire'd Challenger looks (I like it!), those tires will just throw up so many small rocks and other debris that you won't believe how bad the lower quarters will get peppered with paint chips back there. Especially with tires that have a little softer compounds. Just a little FYI.

black69
08-18-2011, 10:06 PM
thanks for the compliments, guys
the car did come back to life, when I put those monsters on it. It spent most of its life that way.
When I slipped the stock G60's back on, it was like I felt like I did the car a dis-service.

long live d2. or d3 for that matter.

white top, oh cragar jedi master, the wheels measure out rim to rim 11.5-12&quot;. u too suspicious, say grasshopper <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

njsteve
08-18-2011, 10:44 PM
My hemi Charger with its original set of 1970 Cragars that the original owner put on back in January of 1970.
They are 15x4 front and 15x7 rears with the original 1972 Parnelli Jones L60x15s (hard as hockey pucks now). <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt77/nk15268c/cragars11-1.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt77/nk15268c/cragars1111-1.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt77/nk15268c/cragars1-1.jpg

Instead of replating them I just blacked out the flakey lug area with some carefully masked barbeque-black spray paint. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt77/nk15268c/cargars111-1.jpg

whitetop
08-18-2011, 10:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

white top, oh cragar jedi master, the wheels measure out rim to rim 11.5-12&quot;. u too suspicious, say grasshopper <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

</div></div>

Did you take a tire off the rim and measure it? If you never took off the tire it is very difficult to get a true rim measurement.

Here is a 10&quot; rim and the outside lip of the rim is 11&quot;. Your tread width is 12&quot; + or - so your outside rim should be 13&quot; outer lip to outer lip based upon mine being 11&quot; but in the side picture the outside rim outer lip looks further in than the tread width but then again I never did do well in physics so that might explain it <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k572/OGCPICS/IMG_2153.jpg

whitetop
08-18-2011, 11:27 PM
NJsteve
I think your car looks the best with Cragars but that's me.

whitetop
08-18-2011, 11:32 PM
Black69, M/T is not currently making the N50's nor the L60's so better hang onto yours for now. Coker makes them though but there kinda puny tread width wise in both sizes.

DarrenX33
08-19-2011, 01:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whitetop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: [email protected]</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Leave it IMO. </div></div>

Yep, and the tires look fine to use.</div></div>

I'll third that!! Leave it Bob.

black69
08-19-2011, 05:34 PM
arg, the grasshopper is now reduced to larve.
Whitetop was right, these are 15 x 10.
tire top tread measures out to 12.2
the center bulge of the tire is 14&quot;
so the rim being 11 or so inches edge to edge, means the tire bead dimension is 10&quot;
very embarrased, I can't tell a 10&quot; wheel from a 12&quot;
its the sparkle that clouded my vision <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

by the way, the charger looks better in the cragars (I hate to say it NJsteve). Car looks awesome.

njsteve
08-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Thanks!
Nothin like a B-body Mopar for tire clearance. Gotta love when you can fit an L60x15 inside the wheel wells. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

mockingbird812
08-19-2011, 09:23 PM
Even in '62 the rear wheel wells were cavernous on the Plymouth/Dodge B bodies! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

black69
08-20-2011, 12:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: markjohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As Bad-Ass &amp; Tuff as a fat-tire'd Challenger looks (I like it!), those tires will just throw up so many small rocks and other debris that you won't believe how bad the lower quarters will get peppered with paint chips back there. Especially with tires that have a little softer compounds. Just a little FYI. </div></div>

I guess the original owner knew that too <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif last ride in 76.

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo29/xxxblack69/DSCN0931.jpg

MosportGreen66
08-20-2011, 03:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I guess the original owner knew that too <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif last ride in 76.

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo29/xxxblack69/DSCN0931.jpg </div></div>

YES!

owners2
08-20-2011, 07:22 AM
I think it looks perfect just as it is.

iluv69s
08-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Steve,

When were cragars on a hemi charger &quot;original&quot;? Are You sure they are not just &quot;numbers'matching&quot; ? or mimimally &quot;date coded&quot; ? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif
You better watch your verbage around here!! ha-ha

Seriously, that is one bad-ass look !!

[quote=njsteve]My hemi Charger with its original set of 1970 Cragars that the original owner put on back in January of 1970.
They are 15x4 front and 15x7 rears with the original 1972 Parnelli Jones L60x15s (hard as hockey pucks now). <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt77/nk15268c/cragars11-1.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt77/nk15268c/cragars1111-1.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt77/nk15268c/cragars1-1.jpg

njsteve
08-20-2011, 12:56 PM
LOL.

They went on the day after the car was delivered, so i guess they are &quot;birthday-matched&quot; versus &quot;born-with.&quot; <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

njsteve
08-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Drove to the local cruise night with those tires on last night - never went over 40 mph with those &quot;plastified&quot; rear tires. Here's a close up of the rim. It's a 15x7 but it looks to have a big offset to it - very deep dished.

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt77/nk15268c/S7007177.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt77/nk15268c/S7007175.jpg

whitetop
08-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Steve
Krylon #1403 Dull Aluminum is the exact match to the original Cragar paint that was fogged in the lug nut pockets. Only comes in spray cans so you will have to transfer that to an airbrush.

A little bit of paint remover and resprayed would look a lot better than the black.

njsteve
08-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the tip!

That flat black would come off with carb cleaner, no big deal.

Kinda looks like an old &quot;Hot Wheels&quot; car with the blacked out lug area. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt77/nk15268c/Charger_CapWheels.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt77/nk15268c/H2926.jpg

whitetop
08-21-2011, 07:50 PM
Here is another nos wheel, albeit dirty. This one has more paint than the other wheel I posted above but gives you an indication on how they looked. I have seem em with little paint and really thick paint with wide coverage. Quality control was not exactly the best back then.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k572/OGCPICS/100_3380.jpg

napa68
08-22-2011, 12:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Drove to the local cruise night with those tires on last night - never went over 40 mph with those &quot;plastified&quot; rear tires. Here's a close up of the rim. It's a 15x7 but it looks to have a big offset to it - very deep dished.

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt77/nk15268c/S7007177.jpg

Steve,

Take it for what it is worth. You WILL miss this car. You'd be fool to sell. While I am not a died in the wool Mopar guy, cars like this do not represent themselvs. Just my stupid opinion. Great stablemate to that turd Pontiac you have! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/scholar.gif

Best Regards!

Tim

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt77/nk15268c/S7007175.jpg </div></div>

PxTx
08-24-2011, 03:58 AM
Was looking at some old pics I had scanned in. Here is my wife's Duster when it was sporting 295/50/15 with stock springs and spring location, stock rear and unmodified wheel wells. These were on an 8&quot; aluminum Cragar wheel with the perfect offset. Don't know if you can zoom in, but when you do it on photobucket you can really see what I'm talking about!

We later did a inboard spring kit and were running a 10&quot; wide wheel. I could only dream of fitting those on a Chevy!

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww101/Plowman7/PxTx/duster2.jpg

brent396
08-25-2011, 02:54 AM
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/SPIKEYZ0/IMG_20110824_175118.jpg Just got thease back from pauls 15x4 4 3/4 bolt

brent396
08-25-2011, 02:58 AM
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/SPIKEYZ0/IMG_20110823_162742.jpg Thease are orginals and tires bought them from a guy who said he bought them in 68 15x4 4 3/4 not as shiny as the ones i had done at pauls

brent396
08-25-2011, 03:26 AM
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/SPIKEYZ0/IMG_20101223_160858.jpg Thease are my Fenton Gyros 15 x 3.5 for my GTX

mockingbird812
08-25-2011, 03:59 AM
Damn! All these D-2 wheels are driving me <span style="font-size: 23pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">CrAzY!!!!!</span></span> <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/crazy.gif

GTO_DON
08-25-2011, 05:03 AM
Lets drive a little more

Salvatore
08-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Love those McCreary's. They are really nice.

DarrenX33
08-25-2011, 02:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: [email protected]</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love those McCreary's. They are really nice. </div></div>

Those look like a set we saw on a Z28 a few weeks ago huh Sam?

brent396
08-25-2011, 03:14 PM
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/SPIKEYZ0/IMG_20110825_085608.jpg Look at the centers there more gray than black early ones 15 x 4 4 3/4 bolt

brent396
08-25-2011, 03:16 PM
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/SPIKEYZ0/IMG_20110825_090014.jpg MOROSO DRAG painted letters the ealy ones

brent396
08-25-2011, 03:18 PM
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/SPIKEYZ0/IMG_20110825_090048.jpg And made in Japan NOT USA

markinnaples
08-25-2011, 03:57 PM
Those are great. I have some old mags with some really nice Day 2 pics that I can scan and post if y'all want me to.

brent396
08-25-2011, 05:23 PM
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/SPIKEYZ0/IMG_20110825_111405.jpg A old set of Ansen Ground bars for Nova or Camaro

brent396
08-25-2011, 05:24 PM
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/SPIKEYZ0/IMG_20110825_111452.jpg

mockingbird812
08-25-2011, 06:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: [email protected]</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love those McCreary's. They are really nice. </div></div>

&quot;Mc's&quot; are C <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/cool.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/cool.gifL!!!!!!!!!!!!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif

MosportGreen66
08-26-2011, 03:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brent396</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/SPIKEYZ0/IMG_20110825_111452.jpg </div></div>

DO want for my Z28... Nice stuff!

black69
08-27-2011, 03:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brent396</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/SPIKEYZ0/IMG_20110824_175118.jpg Just got thease back from pauls 15x4 4 3/4 bolt </div></div>

those are just beautiful!

I finally got my day-2 cragar order in with jegs, found them to be the cheapest.

15 x 10 cragar with custom offset (4 3/4 vs 4 1/4): $179 each, at my door in 2 weeks. includes cap.

I also ordered M&amp;H N50 racemasters directly from racemaster (they were very very helpful). here are the N50's (hit the play video):

http://www.mandhtires.com/store.php?crn=73&amp;rn=317&amp;action=show_detail

With a custom wheel offset, I dont have to change my spring offset, and the tire comes to the edge of the lip just like I want (like kevin suydam's cuda). The racemaster tires are 1 inch narrower than the mickey thompsons (on top tread and side to side wall dimension), btw.

went with the unilug look vs direct drill , like others suggested, it is also the look I am used to.

I can always spray the lug area silver frost to try to fool a few <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

mockingbird812
08-27-2011, 05:53 PM
Nice - take some photos when you get them on yr ride!

Xplantdad
08-28-2011, 10:22 PM
A couple of pics of my Nova...circa 1980?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/xplantdad/Old%20Scans/tn_nova2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/xplantdad/Old%20Scans/tn_nova1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/xplantdad/Old%20Scans/tn_nova5.jpg

mr.4speed
08-29-2011, 03:39 AM
love the gold moroso's !!

mockingbird812
08-29-2011, 04:47 AM
<span style="font-size: 23pt">Git some Bruce!!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif</span>

brent396
08-30-2011, 12:03 AM
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/SPIKEYZ0/IMG_20110829_174106.jpg

brent396
08-30-2011, 12:06 AM
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/SPIKEYZ0/IMG_20110829_174121.jpg

markjohnson
08-30-2011, 12:41 AM
A long time ago, I had a set of the Moroso Gold-Anodized Valve Covers on one of my L-88's at the Dragstrip and a fellow that was looking at the car in the staging lanes remarked &quot;ya know, it seems like the fastest cars around always seem to have those Gold valves covers&quot;. I've always remembered that!

Xplantdad
08-30-2011, 03:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-size: 23pt">Git some Bruce!!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif</span> </div></div>

LOL Sam!

SuperNovaSS
08-30-2011, 03:16 AM
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w301/super-novass/Day2002.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w301/super-novass/Day2001.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w301/super-novass/Day2003.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w301/super-novass/Day2004.jpg

SuperNovaSS
08-30-2011, 03:22 AM
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w301/super-novass/Day2005.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w301/super-novass/Day2006.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w301/super-novass/Day2007.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w301/super-novass/Day2008.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w301/super-novass/Day2009.jpg

69 Post Sedan
08-30-2011, 03:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xplantdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A couple of pics of my Nova...circa 1980?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/xplantdad/Old%20Scans/tn_nova2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/xplantdad/Old%20Scans/tn_nova1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/xplantdad/Old%20Scans/tn_nova5.jpg </div></div>

Hey Bruce....I also like the gold Moroso valve covers/air cleaner. It reminds me of a car I know!!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn2/brkyard/1969%20Chevelle/100_3881.jpg

GTO_DON
08-30-2011, 03:54 AM
found some more things around

Salvatore
08-30-2011, 04:17 AM
reverse lockout and line loc. YEA!

owners2
08-30-2011, 05:13 AM
Super sweet rims &amp; and shifter.

mockingbird812
08-30-2011, 05:26 AM
Nice Don!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Xplantdad
08-30-2011, 06:44 AM
Kurt...awesome!

mr.4speed
08-31-2011, 02:03 AM
my gold moroso's and nmw tow tabs http:// http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/russellta68/33501475224_ORIG.jpg http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/russellta68/5037855713901_ORIG.jpg

markjohnson
08-31-2011, 02:06 AM
I'm diggin' the shit outa that Black rear-rimmed '70 Chevelle. Let's see some more of it.

mr.4speed
08-31-2011, 02:09 AM
and don't forget the gold rear end cover! http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/russellta68/33533810348_ORIG.jpg

mr.4speed
08-31-2011, 02:15 AM
green lines http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/russellta68/33497987173_ORIG.jpg

69 Post Sedan
08-31-2011, 02:57 AM
I am looking for either a gold Moroso or a finned 12 bolt cover for my Chevelle.

Mark, here's a picture of mine at Route 66 Dragway with bias ply ET Streets.

BTW...Russell, your car looks great!!!!!

Kurt

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn2/brkyard/Dragway%20Pictures/100_6250.jpg

Xplantdad
08-31-2011, 03:25 AM
Both Chevelles look great!

GTO_DON
08-31-2011, 04:09 AM
Ive got the finned cover if you need it.

mr.4speed
08-31-2011, 06:41 AM
i found some mickey thompson L60 15's with old script writing
any one know what year these came out? http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/russellta68/4038469267981_ORIG.jpg http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/russellta68/1038469264313_ORIG-1.jpg

mr.4speed
08-31-2011, 06:42 AM
http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/russellta68/10038480859730_ORIG-1.jpg http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/russellta68/6038480818647_ORIG.jpg

skierkaj
08-31-2011, 07:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brent396</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/SPIKEYZ0/IMG_20110825_085608.jpg Look at the centers there more gray than black early ones 15 x 4 4 3/4 bolt </div></div>

Are you sure? Mine looked similar before I stripped the old paint off. I just figured they looked chalky due to age.

Salvatore
08-31-2011, 01:20 PM
Nice wheels? get them rechromed? NICE!

scuncio
08-31-2011, 05:46 PM
I have a super nice 15x4 Keystone with 4.75&quot; BP if anyone needs to complete a set. I've given up finding a mate for it. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

whitetop
08-31-2011, 07:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: four speed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i found some mickey thompson L60 15's with old script writing
any one know what year these came out? </div></div>

March 1971 is when they were listed in Hot Rod under the New item column-that is when M/T has an alliance with Holley. Those M/T you have are some of the very earliest ones ever made.

69 Post Sedan
09-01-2011, 03:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GTO_DON</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive got the finned cover if you need it. </div></div>

PM sent.

Kurt <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

GTO_DON
09-01-2011, 05:18 AM
I didnt get a pm kurt

skierkaj
09-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Believe it or not Sam, those front runners are original chrome. The center caps are NOS.

Salvatore
09-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Man I am impressed. Very nice!

brent396
09-06-2011, 02:19 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VINTAGE-G...=item27be09307d (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VINTAGE-GASSER-RAT-HOT-ROD-MUSCLE-NOS-THRUSH-MUFFIERS-/170691997821?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessorie s&amp;hash=item27be09307d)

mockingbird812
09-06-2011, 03:04 AM
Very nice mufflers!!!!

4onthefloor
09-06-2011, 06:48 AM
I collect Thrush Items-Those mufflers are Cool-But they wont Fetch asking price or NEAR that-Its Nice that the original boxes are still intact=This &quot;DAY2&quot; thing is getting HUGE-I just hope it doesnt get like the pro street fad , Cool now and then get's frowned on later....

PxTx
09-06-2011, 07:03 AM
Don't worry about the &quot;Day 2&quot; thing going the way of Pro-Street. Big difference is that Day 2 requires finding old stuff while pro-street was made with mostly new equipment. There will never be advertizers in a magazine offering Day 2 equipment- only retro style new stuff- not authentic. The down size is that this Day 2 excitment will never reach the mass appeal level that Pro-Street did since nobody will be buying the magazine space to drive it.

Salvatore
09-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Well put PXTX!

skierkaj
09-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Some stuff for my build:

brent396
09-09-2011, 02:20 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mickey-Th...=item19c8a5f255 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mickey-Thompson-1955-chevrolet-headers-big-block-396-427-/110740501077?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessorie s&amp;hash=item19c8a5f255)

mr.4speed
09-10-2011, 01:18 AM
put a tunnel ram on last weekend

before: http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/russellta68/33501475224_ORIG.jpg

after: http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/russellta68/10038842155205_ORIG.jpg

mr.4speed
09-10-2011, 01:21 AM
and a side view : http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/russellta68/3038842201921_ORIG.jpg

SS427
09-10-2011, 01:28 AM
How does it run and drive compared to the 4 bbl?

mr.4speed
09-10-2011, 01:45 AM
great!! lost just a little low end but gained a ton of mid and high end!
and best of all no leaks!

markjohnson
09-10-2011, 02:27 AM
Hey, I like your choice of plumbing with the Black Push-Lok hose &amp; fittings. I'm getting ready to do something very similar myself with that same hardware. I tell ya' . . . . . I think those Push-Lok hose &amp; fittings are some of the neatest stuff to come around in a long time! That stuff is great!

mr.4speed
09-10-2011, 02:40 AM
mark i agree with you! took like five minuets to install the fuel lines

Salvatore
09-10-2011, 02:44 AM
That car really site Bad a$$ Russell. D/MP chevelle of the late 70's time frame! YEA!

brent396
09-10-2011, 03:11 AM
Gold is back

Plowman
09-10-2011, 03:40 AM
Like seeing the vacuum advance being used. On skierkaj car. Paul

Xplantdad
09-10-2011, 04:02 AM
Beautiful Russell...looks GREAT! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif

skierkaj
09-10-2011, 04:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Plowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like seeing the vacuum advance being used. On skierkaj car. Paul </div></div>

Say what? I don't have any pics of my car here- do I?

Oh, yeah, I did get your PM Paul. That notch <span style="font-style: italic">is</span> for the 3-Barrel Holley. I think I'm gonna run a 4-Barrel though; unless I can convert a 3-Barrel to mechanical secondaries. I did have an 850 mechanical secondary, manual choke that I rebuilt and sold (being the idiot I was at the time).

VintageMusclecar
09-11-2011, 12:37 AM
http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/russellta68/10038842155205_ORIG.jpg

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/russellta68/3038842201921_ORIG.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">SWEET!!!!!</span></span></span>

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

napa68
09-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Now you just need to coat thos headers white! Oh, yeah, some huge speakers in the package tray! I too like to plumbing and the color selection for the intake. Reminds me of looking through Car Craft magazine when I was a kid.

Tim

mr.4speed
09-12-2011, 01:31 AM
thank you! yeah the white headers are next

Postsedan
09-12-2011, 11:22 AM
AWESOME! Love it!

Dan

whitetop
09-21-2011, 04:43 AM
Set of early Lakewood traction bars with the long tail on ebay for 67-69 Camaro and 68-72 Nova.

NOT MINE. Just wanted t pass along the info. BIN auction

ebay # 190579511741

Xplantdad
09-21-2011, 05:29 AM
Click Here to go to the ebay auction! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=190579511741&amp;ru=http://motors.search.ebay.com:80/190579511741_W0QQa10239ZQ2d24QQa39ZQ2d24QQalistZa3 9Q2ca41Q2ca38v1yQ2ca38v2yQ2ca10239Q2ca3801Q2ca85Q2 ca10246Q2ca33512Q2ca10241Q2ca10244Q2ca39705Q2ca18Q QdfspZ1QQfposZ85383QQfromZR7QQfrppZ200QQfsooZ1QQfs opZ1QQgcsZ13QQpf_queryZ190579511741QQpfidZ2473QQrt ZncQQsacatZQ2d100QQsadisZ500QQsofindtypeZ22QQsofoc usZpfQQfviZ1)

mockingbird812
09-21-2011, 05:39 AM
nice bars- good price.

mockingbird812
09-26-2011, 05:19 AM
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-size: 17pt">This is over the top. I remember my JC Penney speed shop in Boardman OH. These beauties will be going on the back of BBBenny's COPO Camaro at MCACN III !.......</span></span></span> <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif Mr. Scardino laid his hands on these puppies to bring them up a couple of notches! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/mockingbird812/Day%20Two/SDC10019.jpg

bbbenny
09-26-2011, 01:57 PM
From MR. Day Two himself! Great job, buddy. BBBenny <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif

mockingbird812
09-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Hey BBBenny,

Two questions

1. will your COPO be judged in the Day-Two Concours <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/laugh.gif?
2. more importantly, are you bringing some special meats to the show? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

Salvatore
09-26-2011, 07:16 PM
I will answer for the Professor........YES to both!

mockingbird812
09-26-2011, 07:32 PM
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

COPO_Anders
09-26-2011, 10:14 PM
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/youguysrock.gif

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Salvatore
09-27-2011, 12:37 AM
So do you Anders. You are now the most educate drag racer in Sveden. You can start a library!

Nova Jed
09-27-2011, 03:09 AM
Sweeeeeet! I cant wait to see this COPO! I remember someone saying that if I dont have the time of my life there, that I get a nice gently used COPO that is Silver with Blue interior? Hmmmmm??? Bbbenny, was that you who said that?

Salvatore
09-27-2011, 04:24 AM
you going to Chicago Jed-I?

Nova Jed
09-27-2011, 04:39 AM
Sammy, I have to go! I may be getting a nice COPO! Hehe hee! Bbbenny made a bet with me. My girlfriend is coming too.

DarrenX33
09-27-2011, 04:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nova Jed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sammy, I have to go! I may be getting a nice COPO! Hehe hee! Bbbenny made a bet with me. My girlfriend is coming too.</div></div>

NICE!

Salvatore
09-27-2011, 06:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nova Jed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sammy, I have to go! I may be getting a nice COPO! Hehe hee! Bbbenny made a bet with me. My girlfriend is coming too. </div></div>I think the Plowman is coming also!

Plowman
09-27-2011, 09:43 AM
Count me in and pxtx for the Chcago Show. Let the fun begin. Paul

SuperNovaSS
09-28-2011, 06:20 AM
I picked up a 66 Cyclone GT that has some hubcaps I've never seen before. They may have been pretty common caps in the 60's. They make the steel wheels look like chrome reverse wheels.

Removing the hubcaps could give a stock car a day 2 look in minutes.

I thought they were pretty cool and thought I'd share.

Jason

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w301/super-novass/Comet005.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w301/super-novass/Comet009.jpg

mockingbird812
09-28-2011, 06:30 AM
I like those. Don't think I have seen them before. Any identifiers on the reverse sides?

SuperNovaSS
09-28-2011, 06:32 AM
I have not pulled them off.I can check tomorrow.

Jason

SuperNovaSS
09-28-2011, 07:00 AM
After a bit of research, I I believe the hubcaps are factory installed.

Jason

m22mike
09-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Yes, they were. Have seen a local car with them and the owner clued me in.

Mike

SS427
09-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Those are very cool. I have never seen them before either. talk about a quick change in appearance in only minutes!

Salvatore
09-28-2011, 04:23 PM
I think you could get them at Pep Boy's, Sears and Penney's also. Probably even the Whitney catalog. If you came to a hang out with those on your car, everybody knew you had no money for Mags. HA!

tom406
09-28-2011, 07:32 PM
NONE of you guys have seen a '64-'67 Cyclone with these before? I'm kinda surprised. They're FoMoCo-spec originals, used those years on Mercury Cyclones. Ford of Australia used them on their XR GT's during the late '60s. I have a set on my shelf I planned to use on my '65 Comet, it took a while to get them on eBay as I was always being outbid by some guy from Australia on 3 or 4 previous sets I bid on. Sets tend to run $200 or so for usable sets (you'll note fronts and rears are different) without much damage. If you plan to use them note where the valve stem is in relation to the lugs, not all wheels will work. Some offsets (amount of dish) won't work either. Original '65/'66 Mustang wheels will work, and they're not too tough to come by.

Cyclones
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128421

XR GT (lot of neat wheel info here, check out the factory 5 spokes)
http://www.aus-ford-uk.co.uk/html/wheels.html

SuperNovaSS
09-28-2011, 08:14 PM
Interesting info Tom. I really don't know much about these Cyclones but I'm really digging this car. Big block, 4 speed, posi in a relatively small car has to be a good combo.

Thanks,

Jason

John Brown
09-29-2011, 04:17 AM
I found a full set of those chrome hub caps in the trunk of a 65 Comet Cyclone I bought years ago. It was a 23,000 mile one owner car that I bought from an estate sale. Now all I have left of it are these of out of focus pictures and some good memories.

olredalert
09-30-2011, 10:53 PM
----1st came on Cyclones in 65. They are very cool hubcaps. Its very hard to find a good set that hasnt been curbed. Dont let go of them......Bill S

Nova Jed
10-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Does anyone have pictures of traction bars? I can't figure out what type I have?

whitetop
10-01-2011, 11:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nova Jed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone have pictures of traction bars? I can't figure out what type I have? </div></div>

The easier way would be to post pics of what you have.

PxTx
10-02-2011, 04:05 AM
Here is a pic of Jed's Tone Blue car from that thread. Can't see it all that well, but a start.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/NovaJed/100_1399.jpg

If we're identifying old bars, I would love to talk about these Ansen bars. I think someone called them rail road track grabbers.

Old pic Tommy posted of his:
http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww101/Plowman7/Day%202%20Stuff/ansenbars.jpg

Set that was sold on CL
http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww101/Plowman7/Day%202%20Stuff/ansenbars2.jpg

I happen to really like them from seeing my dad use them on an old streetrod truck he helped my uncle build only 20-25 years ago. I always though the bars looked nice with a interesting shaped main bar.

If I could find a set for a 3rd gen Nova, I would jump in them!

markjohnson
10-02-2011, 04:47 AM
You might mean &quot;Ansen Ground Grabbers&quot; but those orange bars aren't the Ansen GG's that I'm used to seeing. They almost look like NMW Traction Bars to me. If you really wanna see something neat . . . . check out a set of Ansen Ground Grabbers for Chevelle (&quot;A&quot; Body) applications. They take the place of your stock lower control arms and are really big, bulky, and serious-looking. About twenty-something years ago, a friend of my brother stopped by the house in a yellow '67 Chevelle with a 406 Small Block in it. I recognized the car from my Wednesday nights at the drag strip and knew that it was a solid 12.60 car which may have been a bit much for this particular 16-17 year old driver. Anyway, during an absolutely terrifying ride in the passenger seat, (NOT the car really, but the driver), I kept hearing a &quot;clunking&quot; under the rear of the car. Once we safely arrived back at the house, I was kissing the pavement of the driveway happy to still be alive when I noticed those traction bars under the rear of the Chevelle and realized that those were the noise makers. It took me a long time to find out what brand they were and who made them but eventually I was able to identify them and even score a couple of sets of these Ansen Ground Grabbers. I'll try to find some pictures of them to post.

Nova Jed
10-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Thanks Paul. I hadn't gotten that far to be able to take a good picture. It was more of a general question about the pictures to see if anyone had the old adds.

My set seems to look a little cheap? They are the short version and they are a 2&quot;(may be 1.5&quot;?) didn't measure. Ofcourse they have the thick 1/2&quot; mounting plate with the shock attachment. I had talked to someone and they think that they may be old Mr. Gaskets?

If they are of Day 2 era, I would reuse them, but I don't like the fact that they don't hit the spring perch. I can see that the leaf is already bowed where the snubber hits.

I will try to get some better pics to post.

Salvatore
10-02-2011, 09:26 PM
I think Pete Suriano made them in his shop in Pottstown. Guarantee they are Day-2 vintage if Pete made them. The metal is 40 years old and the snubbers probably came from an A-frame bumper somewhere. HA!

Nova Jed
10-03-2011, 03:24 AM
Well, if Pete made them Sammy, then he did a good job. But he may have made them for a Vega originally??? Too small for a Nova with some HP.

PxTx
10-03-2011, 04:04 PM
I agree Jed, I like the bars that contact under the spring eye. Not sure if these old bars did, but they were one of the coolest sets of slapper bars- especially whith the wheel extension!

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww101/Plowman7/PxTx/Grumpybars.jpg

Salvatore
10-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Nope, not always.

Plowman
10-03-2011, 10:07 PM
And they still work. I made some slapper bars too. Still on the car and working good. Day 2 parts foreveer. Paul

whitetop
10-04-2011, 12:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pxtx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree Jed, I like the bars that contact under the spring eye. Not sure if these old bars did, but they were one of the coolest sets of slapper bars- especially whith the wheel extension!
</div></div>

I don't think any of the old bars were ever under the spring eye. Competition Engineering was the first to push this idea back in the late 70's-the importance of having the bar under the spring eye-that was their selling point.

It does not really matter to be honest to me at least. Most of the &quot;Day 2&quot; cars are just for regular street driving and the occasional street burst/romp on old bias or even new radials no real harm is going to be done.

Now if you are on a sticky racetrack every weekend with slicks or soft drag radials and really pushing the horsepower there might be some concern.

These are more show than go anyway for the the majority of Day 2 cars.

Gary Anderson
10-04-2011, 01:59 AM
http://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=36423

PxTx
10-04-2011, 03:05 AM
Here is my dad, Plowman's Nova circa 1971. Note his homemade slapper bars and how they were long enough to reach the spring eye then. I guess he was an innovator ahead of CE. The pic isn't great but look at Jed's bars for length and look at these.

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww101/Plowman7/Plowman%20Scans/67Deuce.jpg

I may be in the minority on this, but I do expect my Day 2 parts to perform well 1st and look good 2nd. I do like the challenge of making some of this old technology work as well as the modern stuff. I also street drive 4.88's anywhere with dual quads which isn't the norm these days either.

Thanks for the perspective Dave. I guess I've got to open my mind to this (new to me) idea of what is considered a Day 2 car these days. I might have to come up wiht another name for what I was thinking a Day 2 car was.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whitetop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pxtx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree Jed, I like the bars that contact under the spring eye. Not sure if these old bars did, but they were one of the coolest sets of slapper bars- especially whith the wheel extension!
</div></div>

I don't think any of the old bars were ever under the spring eye. Competition Engineering was the first to push this idea back in the late 70's-the importance of having the bar under the spring eye-that was their selling point.

It does not really matter to be honest to me at least. Most of the &quot;Day 2&quot; cars are just for regular street driving and the occasional street burst/romp on old bias or even new radials no real harm is going to be done.

Now if you are on a sticky racetrack every weekend with slicks or soft drag radials and really pushing the horsepower there might be some concern.

These are more show than go anyway for the the majority of Day 2 cars. </div></div>

whitetop
10-04-2011, 04:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pxtx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I may be in the minority on this, but I do expect my Day 2 parts to perform well 1st and look good 2nd. I do like the challenge of making some of this old technology work as well as the modern stuff. I also street drive 4.88's anywhere with dual quads which isn't the norm these days either.

Thanks for the perspective Dave. I guess I've got to open my mind to this (new to me) idea of what is considered a Day 2 car these days. I might have to come up wiht another name for what I was thinking a Day 2 car was.

</div></div>

Paul, don't let me tell you how you should do your car. Everyone is different on this trend and that's fine.

I'm part of the school who take the old parts as is...that is how they were back in the day, design flaws and all. I was on JJournal one day and a guy with a 50's style rod was telling how his friend is building a hitech style rod and said he wanted it to ride just like a Lexus and of course everyone piped back ..&quot;Then he should just buy a Lexus&quot; in typical H.A.M.B.fashion with more.. let's say...salty language.

To me part of the thrill is experiencing how these cars drove back in the day, bias ply tires, braking, old style suspensions..all their little quirks. I guess I have the same thinking towards the speed equipment.

Funny, I would bet most of the old speed equipment performs as well as the new stuff when dealing with apples versus apples. Carb versus carb etc. Car Craft did an intake comparison several years back and the old 70's $50 swap meet Edelbrock/Torker combo made nearly as much power as the new fangled high $$$ latest intake of the same design. Not as much of course but on the street is anyone really going to notice a 6 hp increase? I'm surprised they printed the results.

Much of the new speed equipment is just rehashed old designs. The Edelbrock Air gap intake is basically the old mid 70's Scorpion air gap style. I would bet most people could not tell the difference on the street between the two.

Nova Jed
10-04-2011, 07:15 AM
Guys, I would most likely use the ones I have, if they are somewhat old speedparts? I agree that it's going to be a romp around town kind of car and not an all out every weekend drag car. I was concerned about the length on these bars only because I can see a bow, in the opposite direction, in the leafspring. Heck, I have no idea how long those bars were on the car before I got it? And who knows how old the springs are?

Either way, I can understand the engineering concept of having the snubber under the spring perch.

I'm going to take the wheel off this week and take pictures so I have some idea of what brand they are. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif

You guys are the teachers on here, I am just a student. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/scholar.gif

Salvatore
10-04-2011, 02:38 PM
And some of the Stock eliminator guys still run the old slapper bars with pretty good success. Benny the Prof's BB nova runs 10.50's with the old slappers so that is good enough in my book.

bbbenny
10-04-2011, 05:08 PM
I run the old style of drag racing. Foot brake only. With lots of day-2 items on the car. Thats what makes it fun. We all ready ran a 1;49 60 foot time, at 129 MPH. And thats leaving the line at 1,700 RPM;s. Thanks BBBenny <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif

Salvatore
10-04-2011, 07:32 PM
The Professor has spoken!!

whitetop
10-04-2011, 09:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: [email protected]</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And some of the Stock eliminator guys still run the old slapper bars with pretty good success. Benny the Prof's BB nova runs 10.50's with the old slappers so that is good enough in my book. </div></div>

A guy in my hometown won his class record 5-6 years back on the IHRA circuit with a FAL orange fiberglass fan and a old Accel Dual point. Not sure if they are still on the car or not but the old stuff does work.

Those old Accel 31000 dual points were very well built and precise.

JoeC
10-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Lakewood still sells the long bar and the short bar for 69 Camaro. They just warn not to use the short bar for mono leaf.
In many of the original pics (1967-1970) the Motion cars and Yenkos used the short bars.
This may have been for better ground clearance as there were still a lot of dirt roads and drive ways back then where the long bars would bottom.
The slapper bars that hit the springs are not a great design either short or long. Most broken leaf springs I have seen brake at the front eye where the long bar hits and the short bar looks like it will arc the spring.
But I have seen old school cars with long bars and short bars that still have their original springs. I have an old set of Long bars where one is mangled from a high speed bottom out.

PxTx
10-05-2011, 07:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JoeC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The slapper bars that hit the springs are not a great design either short or long. Most broken leaf springs I have seen brake at the front eye where the long bar hits .... </div></div>

I've not seen this common failure. Do you have any pics?

Here is what I've seen:

Short bar:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/jboy71/IMG_0276.jpg

Bent Leaf
http://www.binderplanet.com/photopost/data/503/339Best-springs.jpg

Is this what you consider a long bar and the proper place to contact?

http://www.novaresource.org/ct/ct01.jpg

whitetop
10-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Paul
That looks right under the spring eye to me....maybe not exactly centered but close enough.

What brand bars are they or they homemade/lengthened?

mr.4speed
10-06-2011, 02:38 AM
check out this cool old mickey thompson shifter http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/russellta68/6039844702849_ORIG.jpg http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/russellta68/1039844715463_ORIG-1.jpg

SuperNovaSS
10-06-2011, 03:16 AM
That shifter is awesome!!

Salvatore
10-06-2011, 04:15 AM
NICE Russell!

Nova Jed
10-07-2011, 05:35 AM
OK, so here are some pics of my slapper bars.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/NovaJed/100_1625.jpg

As you can see in the above picture, the leaf is a little bent. It appears that they were mono's that someone added two extra leafs to. The tube measures 1 1/2&quot; square.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/NovaJed/100_1624.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/NovaJed/100_1623.jpg

whitetop
10-07-2011, 05:58 AM
Yep, somebody made those up in their shop but you can tell they are old-probably late 60's early 70's. . I would blast em and paint em up.

Nova Jed
10-07-2011, 06:03 AM
School me on how you know that they are home made? I would never know the difference. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif

All that I know is, I have and open rear that would get posi in the garage, so I would guess the rear is either going or those things actually help plant the tires???

whitetop
10-07-2011, 06:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nova Jed</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> School me on how you know that they are home made? I would never know the difference. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif

All that I know is, I have and open rear that would get posi in the garage, so I would guess the rear is either going or those things actually help plant the tires??? </div></div>

I have never seen those in ads or any catalog but that does not mean they were not made by a company. I think the giveaway is the welds in the back are very cobbled/amaturish. Almost looks as if they welded them together piece by piece while on the car. I would bet they were made in someones metal shop class in HS.

The snubbers are probably Lakewood as well as the the spring clamp bolts or possibly Mr. Gasket

Nova Jed
10-07-2011, 06:14 AM
Ha! With all the rust on them, I hadn't even noticed the ugly welds. I guess that's why I have never seen this style. They are back woods slappers. Cool! I think I'm just gonna run them like you said. Blast them and paint them. Adds some character. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/scholar.gif

Plowman
10-07-2011, 09:06 AM
Home made for sure. That is like &quot;home cookery&quot;,or home made Day 2 parts. I like it,so COOOL.

JoeC
10-07-2011, 01:30 PM
those have a late 1960's look to them
maybe homemade maybe not
there were some small machine shops making traction bars and stick welding them like that in the 1960s

I have seen some home made bars that looked a lot worse with torch-cut plates and no front spring clamp

if you re-use them you may want to use the U-bolts instead of the stock short bolts

Nova Jed
10-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Joe, I was considering using U-bolts for sure.

PxTx
10-07-2011, 03:08 PM
How about those springs, they getting addressed too? It would be the right time to build your own Super Stock type springs.

Nova Jed
10-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Springs are getting changed out too!

Plowman
10-07-2011, 08:15 PM
I agreeing with pxtx,you can build your own Super Stock type springs.

Smokey
10-08-2011, 02:15 AM
What are the back in the day Super Stocker Springs???

Chad

p.s.. Plowman's was only 15 minutes from where I grew up.

Plowman
10-08-2011, 03:44 AM
Stack them tight on the right-front. Stack them tight on the left-rear. There is a left and right rear spring. Smokey do I know you. I get it,you mean the dealership PLOWMAN'S. Could use a picture of the Dealership,if that's ok. Paul ps:I will try to get pictures of the rear springs.

67rs/ss
10-22-2011, 10:37 PM
Just picked this up the other day. I went to a friends to buy some gm BB parts and saw these, and bought them too. What time period, I maybe want to use on my 67 but I believe these are more 70-73. Everything is nos except air cleaner looks to have been install then removed.

67rs/ss
10-22-2011, 10:51 PM
Also picked this up too. This is a great book. It list some of the GM hi-performance parts available at the time. This one has a copy right date of 1971. I seen these before are the early version different?

whitetop
10-22-2011, 11:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 67rs/ss</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What time period, I maybe want to use on my 67 but I believe these are more 70-73. </div></div>

The gold stuff came out mid 1974. It's hayday was 75-77 and then Moroso came out with chrome then which took over. Good time period to be into cars...and the gold stuff really brings back memories. They were very popular back then everybody wanted to emulate the race cars and Moroso had the very first covers which were race weight.

The valve cover boxes are older packaging 80's or 90's but the vc bolts etc is 2000 on up packaging but none of this stuff is made by Moroso any longer.

The gold stuff is really coming back into popularity. As I said the 74-78 period was a great time to be into cars..they were cheap to buy and plentiful.

67rs/ss
10-22-2011, 11:40 PM
Here are a couple more items. Sorry for the blurry pic I thought is came out fine, its for a holley fuel filter.

Salvatore
10-23-2011, 02:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nova Jed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, so here are some pics of my slapper bars.

As you can see in the above picture, the leaf is a little bent. It appears that they were mono's that someone added two extra leafs to. The tube measures 1 1/2&quot; square.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/NovaJed/100_1623.jpg </div></div> Traction bars by JED-I Performance.

Carleen
10-23-2011, 03:06 AM
Here is mine

http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u331/Nikkewi/watermark.jpg

7x15 magnesium in front 9.5 back Dragmaster

mockingbird812
10-23-2011, 03:39 AM
Tuff look Niclas! I like your cowl tach too. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Smokey
10-23-2011, 04:59 AM
Now where is the other pic that you have of it dancing the front tires off the ground???? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

brent396
10-25-2011, 11:34 AM
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/SPIKEYZ0/IMG_20111024_152026.jpg

Nova Jed
10-25-2011, 01:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: [email protected]</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nova Jed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, so here are some pics of my slapper bars.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/NovaJed/100_1623.jpg </div></div> Traction bars by JED-I Performance.</div></div>

Don't worry Sammy, I've got some tricks up my sleeve.

C1SS396
10-29-2011, 03:09 AM
Some thing i found this week .To bad i only got 1 set of 4 ..

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii128/c1ss396/IMAG0602.jpg

Salvatore
10-29-2011, 06:17 AM
good stuff!

DarrenX33
10-30-2011, 01:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carleen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is mine

http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u331/Nikkewi/watermark.jpg

7x15 magnesium in front 9.5 back Dragmaster</div></div>

This car looks just like John P's ZL1.

C1SS396
10-31-2011, 03:46 AM
z28 plate ....http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii128/c1ss396/IMAG0619.jpg

black69
11-10-2011, 01:46 AM
I don't know if this helps anyone out there, but in talking with M H drag tires, they said its becoming popular now to take their vintage tires and have someone put the grooves in them (for day 2 use). Thought I would pass it along. I probably will do this for my gtx when I get around to it.

take with a grain of salt. They said their vintage tires are doing well.

http://www.mandhtires.com/store.php?crn=71&amp;action=show&amp;show_products_mode=ca t_click

Rixls6
11-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Recent garage/barn find.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e43/Rixls6/th_ETandCragarwheelcentercaps006.jpg (http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e43/Rixls6/?action=view&amp;current=ETandCragarwheelcentercaps006 .jpg)
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e43/Rixls6/th_ETandCragarwheelcentercaps005.jpg (http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e43/Rixls6/?action=view&amp;current=ETandCragarwheelcentercaps005 .jpg)

Rixls6
11-12-2011, 08:22 PM
More from the same barn.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e43/Rixls6/th_ETandCragarwheelcentercaps002.jpg (http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e43/Rixls6/?action=view&amp;current=ETandCragarwheelcentercaps002 .jpg)
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e43/Rixls6/th_ETandCragarwheelcentercaps001.jpg (http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e43/Rixls6/?action=view&amp;current=ETandCragarwheelcentercaps001 .jpg)

Nova Jed
11-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Sweeet caps! Do you know what those ET caps came on? I've seen them before but not on any wheels.

11-12-2011, 11:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nova Jed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweeet caps! Do you know what those ET caps came on? I've seen them before but not on any wheels. </div></div>

I think they're from ET five spokes (if my fading memory serves me correctly...L-O-L) -- the chrome ones that looked like Cragars.

Wayne

Rixls6
11-13-2011, 04:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nova Jed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweeet caps! Do you know what those ET caps came on? I've seen them before but not on any wheels. </div></div>

Can't say I do know what kind of wheel they came on. They were loose as you see them, and no wheels around that remotely looked like something they came from.

whitetop
11-13-2011, 10:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hotrodsled</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nova Jed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweeet caps! Do you know what those ET caps came on? I've seen them before but not on any wheels. </div></div>

I think they're from ET five spokes (if my fading memory serves me correctly...L-O-L) -- the chrome ones that looked like Cragars.

Wayne </div></div>

Bingo.

Nova Jed
11-14-2011, 01:31 AM
This site keeps getting better and better.

11-14-2011, 01:56 AM
In my speed shop, we used to sell ET chrome five spokes as a secondary line to Cragar. At the time, they were cheaper and weren't as nice in terms of quality (today's ET wheels are a different story though...). Some guys tried putting Cragar caps on ET's, but you could always tell the difference.

Eventually, I just quit selling ET wheels altogether.

Wayne

PxTx
11-14-2011, 03:27 AM
Seemed like here in the Philly area in the late 1960's Cragar S/S was THE mag wheel to have. Anything else just wasn't seen to be a cool.

Heck, we had Hurst wheels being made here and people just thought they were ugly. Nobody seemed to want to buy, or even steal them (plenty of stories of Hurst equipment headed out the door Johnny Cash style)

Nova Jed
11-14-2011, 04:20 AM
One piece at a time Paul?

brent396
11-16-2011, 01:11 PM
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/SPIKEYZ0/KGrHqQOKpcE6dvPB2ufBOw0IzqY3Q60_3.jpg I wounder who makes them NMW ?

Plowman
11-16-2011, 01:17 PM
They just look BAD. *Paul

whitetop
11-16-2011, 02:26 PM
Brent, I will have to look at my old catalogs...Might be NMW I'm thinking they might be MAS out of Minneapolis.

brent396
11-16-2011, 02:29 PM
I would like to find a set .I thought NMW were mounted diffrent. Thanks Brent

Tommy
11-18-2011, 11:53 AM
A friend of mine has a set of these. I thought they were pretty cool.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/68sschevyII/2011-11-17_11-22-24_424.jpg

Tommy <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif

Nova Jed
11-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Neat stuff Tommy.

brent396
11-19-2011, 01:59 AM
Moroso sbc oil pan old vs new stlye .The more redish http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/SPIKEYZ0/IMG_20111118_170403.jpg pan with the drain plug in the bottom is old school and the baffle is not the same the newer style has a swinging trap door

brent396
11-19-2011, 02:00 AM
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/SPIKEYZ0/IMG_20111118_170435.jpg

Fast67VelleN2O
11-20-2011, 12:39 AM
Here is a cool vintage &quot;day 2&quot; Dominator carburetor. Old 1150cfm job painted up with the red white and blue scheme.

-Matt

C1SS396
11-20-2011, 06:46 AM
Thanks to Fast67/Matt my wife now has these for here 68 440 4speed Dart project .Plus he made finding here the right gift for her birthday easy for me ..Keystone 15x4 with NOS Pro-Trac front runners ..They are killer just need lite cleaning ....http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii128/c1ss396/IMAG0622.jpghttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii128/c1ss396/IMAG0623.jpghttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii128/c1ss396/IMAG0624.jpg

Salvatore
11-20-2011, 01:47 PM
Nice stuff man. Beny has your tires on the front of his COPO in Chicago John. Scat Trac's!!

Nova Jed
11-20-2011, 08:09 PM
I have pictures to prove it.

C1SS396
11-26-2011, 01:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: [email protected]</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice stuff man. Beny has your tires on the front of his COPO in Chicago John. Scat Trac's!!</div></div> Cool glad they went to a good home love to see pictures.

Salvatore
11-26-2011, 02:00 AM
NADA, they still reside with me. I lent them to him for the Show in Chicago where he did quite well. I had a pair of JC Penney slicks and a JC Penney A/FX helmet in the original box also. He even had a Penney's 1971 catalog on display. Thanks again John.

scuncio
11-26-2011, 02:17 AM
Those Keystones are killer.

Fast67VelleN2O
11-27-2011, 01:54 AM
Vintage Roto-Faze dual point distributor. Nice West Coast piece circa 1970-1973.

-Matt

mockingbird812
11-27-2011, 02:01 AM
Cool piece. rAdIcAl name!!!!!

Tommy
11-27-2011, 04:42 PM
I'm gonna throw this one in! Mostly for our other resident VW nut Chris <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif. This Tach was in the early 70's Autometer catalogs and I happened to find one a few years ago. I'm saving it for that 67 bug I hope to score one of these days.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/68sschevyII/day%202%20parts/IM001947.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/68sschevyII/day%202%20parts/4-12-2010105753PMvdub.jpg

Tommy <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif

Hemicolt
12-01-2011, 04:52 AM
Wow! I love this site. You guys know your stuff. I have a few Day 2 items I can post pictures of. I'll get the camara out and take some shots. Here are a couple of things I have pictures of right now.
Moroso ballast box.

Hemicolt
12-01-2011, 04:53 AM
Rocket Racing BBC timing covers.

Hemicolt
12-01-2011, 05:16 AM
Found this picture of a Vega my friend is building. Gold Cragars on the front.

Hemicolt
12-02-2011, 01:37 AM
Thanks for the tip. I'll do that on my repops.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whitetop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steve
Krylon #1403 Dull Aluminum is the exact match to the original Cragar paint that was fogged in the lug nut pockets. Only comes in spray cans so you will have to transfer that to an airbrush.

A little bit of paint remover and resprayed would look a lot better than the black. </div></div>

TheNovaMan
12-02-2011, 06:20 AM
Does anyone have a set of Lakewood traction bars with the square tubing that they could measure for me? I need to make a set that hit the front spring eye so I don't keep bending my springs.

TheNovaMan
12-02-2011, 06:25 AM
Oops, I meant to add there's a pair on eBay, but it sort of looks like one is slightly buckled just ahead of the mounting pad.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-1969-CAMARO...=item415ff4904b (http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-1969-CAMARO-LAKEWOOD-TRACTION-BARS-/280782737483?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessorie s&amp;vxp=mtr&amp;hash=item415ff4904b)

427TJ
12-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Big Ed's, 1966:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/BE427TJ/1966Parts.jpg

Hemicolt
12-03-2011, 01:56 AM
I took some pictures of a few parts. Some I will post here and put the others under my Vega build.

CRAGAR IGNITION

Hemicolt
12-03-2011, 01:59 AM
Mallory YC-310 with dual points and one with an electronic module. I had never saw a YC-310 with a module until I found this one. Anyone know about these?

Hemicolt
12-03-2011, 02:01 AM
NICKEY t-handle.
Had this thing for years. Anyone know any information on it?

Hemicolt
12-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Hurst ignition box.

Hemicolt
12-03-2011, 04:01 PM
This guy used to be a big engine builder on the West coast back in the 60's and 70's. I remember a story in Car Craft or Hot Rod, in the 80's, about their red and black Anglia. I think it was a story on fast street cars.

Plowman
12-03-2011, 04:20 PM
&quot;WOW&quot; good and cool stuff. Paul

Hemicolt
12-03-2011, 08:56 PM
NRS valve covers.