PDA

View Full Version : Here come da Judge...

grantprix
08-08-2011, 04:48 AM
My friend and new member here (dobbsw30) Rich Dobbins from NY asked if I could post some photos of his '69 Judge for him. His Judge is a 21K orig mile RA III 4-speed car with hood tach and more. It wears approx 85% of its original paint, 100% orig parchment interior, orig belts, hoses, plug wires and every piece of documentation from new. The original spare has never been down. The engine compartment and undercarriage have been properly detailed. Enjoy the photos... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

tom406
08-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Wow, thats a pretty stunning Judge! Thanks for sharing. Any backstory on how it stayed so pristine?

StealthBird
08-08-2011, 11:14 PM
Beautiful car! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

markinnaples
08-09-2011, 03:37 AM
Good grief, that is a beautiful car.

Brewster
08-09-2011, 03:41 AM
Pretty car for sure!

CR97WS6
08-24-2011, 02:28 AM
Gorgeous!!!

mockingbird812
08-24-2011, 03:52 AM
Man that is purdy! Looks like it was frame-offed.

grantprix
08-30-2011, 02:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tom406</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Wow, thats a pretty stunning Judge! Thanks for sharing. Any backstory on how it stayed so pristine? </div></div>

Hey Rich, please chime in and tell us the history on this beauty!

dobbsw30
08-30-2011, 04:47 AM
Thanks guys for the nice comments,I turned Otis Chandler and Greg Joseph on to this car back in 2001. Otis had it in his museum until July of 2005 when I puchased it from Greg Joseph. Before I got it home I sent it to my friend Ken Heckart in P.A. with help from his worker Tim Stieger did all of the detail work to it.Originally the car was sold new at Front Pontiac in Perrysburg Ohio.The original owner was a fanatic and used the car sparingly. He eventually sold it to his son who regretfully sold it some time later. I have been in touch with the original owner and I am patiently waiting for him to find some original photos of the car when it was new as he promised. I do not drive it much but would like to show it sometime in the near future. Rich Dobbins

Charley Lillard
08-30-2011, 06:10 AM
Maybe you need to bring it with you to Chicago in November...

olredalert
08-30-2011, 07:18 AM
-----Rich,,,You chose the right guy in Ken Heckert. I met Ken at the very first Carlisle, not Fall Carlisle, Spring Carlisle, Corvette Carlisle, but the very 1st Carlisle period! Im sure that others on this sight were probably there as well. I drove a 66 427/425 red Corvette roadster down from Cape Cod. Sold it in two hours. Im actually having a hard time remembering weather it was 73 or 74. Although I havent seen Ken in awhile I know that he hasnt changed one iota. Hes still the same perfectionist I met some 38 or so years ago. Hes had his hands on more stunning cars than 95 percent of us on this sight (easily including me), and all the while been an absolute gentleman in every way. He was a very close friend of one of my personal heros, and good friends, Chip Miller, whom I miss greatly. Having a car that Ken has had his hands on is a rare treat.........Bill S

firstgenaddict
08-30-2011, 05:32 PM
I love parchment interior...

bwag
08-31-2011, 12:44 PM
I worked at the dealership where this car was delivered from June 1966 until August 1982 . Front Pontiac was owned by the Schmidt family of Perrysburg . Ed Schmidt Auto Group is still in business within a mile of the old location . The man that more than likely serviced the Judge when it was new , Ken M , is still working there .

dobbsw30
09-02-2011, 05:07 AM
Do you remember if Front Pontiac used license plate frames at that dealership, I never spoke to anyone that ever worked there and that is a piece I have been looking for. The original owner saved everything for the car and I have all the paperwork for it, but he never recalled having one on the car. If it is out there please let me know, I would greatly appreciate it. Rich

bwag
09-02-2011, 10:41 PM
In the 60's and early 70's we used a chrome license plate frame with a reflective band that said FRONT PONTIAC in bold print .Every car got one installed at delivery . I dont remember them ever using deck lid emblems . A group of from 6 to 10 former employees still get together monthly . Most of us who worked there were a group of related farm boys . I'll ask at the next get together if anyone saved any plate frames that they would part with .

dobbsw30
09-03-2011, 04:49 AM
Thats good news, thanks for that information at least now I know that they did have them and I am not wasting my time looking for one on e-bay hope to hear from you soon! Thanks again, Rich

grantprix
07-01-2012, 04:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bwag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the 60's and early 70's we used a chrome license plate frame with a reflective band that said FRONT PONTIAC in bold print .Every car got one installed at delivery . I dont remember them ever using deck lid emblems . A group of from 6 to 10 former employees still get together monthly . Most of us who worked there were a group of related farm boys . I'll ask at the next get together if anyone saved any plate frames that they would part with . </div></div>

Just thought I'd check back on this for Rich... any luck on the plate frames through your group?