PDA

View Full Version : Factory hood tach on 69 GTO convertible - how rare

RPOLS3
09-26-2011, 01:57 AM
2 miles from my house - original owner 69 GTO convertible, light green, black buckets, 4 speed, console, rallye wheels, and factory hood tach.

Guy that owns it (ordered it new in 69) says someone told him they did not make very many convertibles with a factory hood tach.

Just curious, thanks in advance.

Jake

grantprix
09-29-2011, 05:38 AM
Limelight Green 4-speed convert... nice! I have no figures for a 1969 GTO convert with a factory installed hood tach to determine how rare it is, but it is desirable to most.

I do have a production document for 1970 GTO's that shows all GTO with "UB5" hood tach option = 3,513.

RPOLS3
09-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Thanks !

Guy (original owner) said it was a one of one deal and not knowing much about Pontiacs I was curious for my own knowledge.

Jake

StealthBird
09-30-2011, 12:37 AM
Just saw this thread.....I've been away for a while... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

Definitely not a 1 of 1, but a cool option at any rate. Most of the convertibles went to more upscale buyers, and a hood tach may not be as rare as you may think. So it's rare, but not something that would command a higher price if the car were resold.

But being a factory 4-speed convertible is excellent. If it were a Ram Air (or the ridiculously rare RAIV), it would be quite rare.

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif