PDA

View Full Version : Someting a lil' different..

Jim Ferron
11-01-2011, 10:08 PM
An original code 72 Carousel Red GTO Rag top..

Un-restored except a 15 year old repaint.
I've had it over 10 years and it was my daily driver half those years...

Bought it as a Judge Clone,[ugh] I'm not much of a 'clone' guy so I pulled the Judge decals off and the paint came along with it so instead of being one of a million Judge Rag clones...it's a one of one 'Convict' http://www.classicperformance.com/ebay_pics/gtoo.jpg http://www.classicperformance.com/ebay_pics/gtooo.jpg

CC Rider
11-01-2011, 11:05 PM
That would make me look twice. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Xplantdad
11-01-2011, 11:22 PM
That's cool <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

StealthBird
11-02-2011, 12:00 AM
That's pretty cool! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

There was a dealership in Alberta Canada that made a few 350-2 bbl cars in 1970 called &quot;The Jury&quot;, with special decals, a stripe, and either a 69 or 70 Judge wing. It was just an appearance package, but they did mange to sell a few.

Canuck
11-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Jim
What is happening with the Russ Dunmire hurst Olds? Any new progress?

Paul

442w30
11-02-2011, 12:45 AM
There are a few Code 72 GTOs running around, so it's far from 1 of 1.

Tracker1
11-02-2011, 01:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StealthBird</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's pretty cool! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

There was a dealership in Alberta Canada that made a few 350-2 bbl cars in 1970 called &quot;The Jury&quot;, with special decals, a stripe, and either a 69 or 70 Judge wing. It was just an appearance package, but they did mange to sell a few.

</div></div>

STAMPEDE PONTIAC - Alberta, Canada

StealthBird
11-02-2011, 02:36 AM
Not much info on those &quot;Jury&quot; cars, but from what I've read, they were all Palladium Silver, with a blue interior, and they did NOT have a GTO hood or Judge stripes. There are a few contemporary interpretations of these cars, and I wonder if the one above that Tracker posted is one where the owner added a hood and a hood tach, along with the Judge stripes?

These were just 350 2-bbl Lemans's, designed to be very cheap, and the dealer added a few stickers. It's very doubtful the dealer would have ordered up GTO hoods via the Part Department and then painted them to match, but stranger things have happened.

I also seem to recall someone was going to reproduce stickers for these cars, although with so few built, I'm not sure what the demand would be. But heck, they went and had a 72 Lemans/GTO ducktail spoiler reproduced, when only 2 were originally built, so I guess if they can do something cheap enough, they'll make it.

In doing a quick search on the web, it's interesting to read how some people said these cars were like &quot;Canadian Yenkos&quot;. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif Far from it, they were just cheap, plain jane 350 2-bbl Lemans's with a few stripes.

Jim Ferron
11-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Never saw a 'Jury' before.

This is the 'Convict' mill... http://www.classicperformance.com/ebay_pics/gtoooo.jpg

olredalert
11-02-2011, 04:29 PM
----Jim,,,That valve cover is a bit too wide, dontcha think???.....Bill S

Jim Ferron
11-02-2011, 05:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: olredalert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">----Jim,,,That valve cover is a bit too wide, dontcha think???.....Bill S </div></div>

I remember when my daughter was about 12, [it's HER car] she asked me 'Dad why does my car sound like this??' So i told her...''Hunny It's got a BIG HAIRY cam...''

So now she loves to tell everybody, with a beaming face..

<span style="font-style: italic">MY</span> car has a BIG HAIRY cam!

It's a .060 over 427 and Eagle .500 stroker crank/pistons/rods = 496, painted Poncho blue w/ Pontiac decals all over it...used all Chevelle brackets and stuff..A/C blows cold!

Almost nobody catches it..

Xplantdad
11-02-2011, 11:29 PM
I didn't...LOL <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

Jim Ferron
11-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Convict = 1 of 1, Not the color...

Just kidding around...I know what I have. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

StealthBird
11-03-2011, 12:33 AM
I like the whole concept Jim! While most purists cringe at seeing a Chevy under the hood of a classic GTO, yours was done right. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

Is there anything on the hood scoops? I can't tell if that's a sticker, or a reflection.

Jim Ferron
11-03-2011, 02:40 AM
Yep sez 'Ram Air 496'..Not sure why I let the cat out of the bag on the hood but tried to fake folks out under the hood...

And believe me I know I need armed guards around me at a Poncho show!

But the locals know I've got a 65 and 66 that are right off the showroom floor...

Xplantdad
11-03-2011, 03:56 AM
Good for you Jim...at least you're having fun!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif

Jim Ferron
11-03-2011, 11:27 PM
I was having fun in the first picture, and not so much in the second..[storing two cars away yesterday..3 more to go!]

fun... http://www.classicperformance.com/ebay_pics/SMOKEM.JPg

and not so fun
http://www.classicperformance.com/ebay_pics/gtostore2011.jpg

Mr70
11-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Love &quot;The Convict&quot; decal.Great <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gifpic too.

RAIIIT/A
11-05-2011, 07:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tracker1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StealthBird</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's pretty cool! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

</div></div>

STAMPEDE PONTIAC - Alberta, Canada </div></div>

My '70 Trans Am was sold new at Stampede.

MrsBillyBobcat
11-05-2011, 03:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xplantdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good for you Jim...at least you're having fun!! </div></div>

Ditto! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

<span style="font-size: 14pt">That's COOL Jim!</span> <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif

grantprix
11-12-2011, 05:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim Ferron</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.classicperformance.com/ebay_pics/gtooo.jpg </div></div>

Too cool... Love it!