PDA

View Full Version : MCACN 2011 Oldsmobile cars

XXXGoldL34M20
11-25-2011, 08:35 PM
These are my favourite cars from Oldsmobile that were at this years 2011 MCACN show.
I will share all my favourite pictures in sections of car make so everyone can see them.
Enjoy.

That Gold 442 was my pick for best Old!

LeeP
11-25-2011, 08:49 PM
Behind the blue one in the picture is a white 71 w-30 convertible that I really liked, documented car and column shift which as an olds guy I have only seen on a couple cars and never a convertible.

Lee

TimG
11-25-2011, 09:25 PM
I love the orange '71 W30. Wow.......

scorpio ps
11-25-2011, 11:31 PM
What no '69 H/O's

XXXGoldL34M20
11-25-2011, 11:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scorpio ps</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What no '69 H/O's </div></div>
No,i did not see one.

442w30
11-26-2011, 05:44 AM
The '71 is really red, not orange.

There was a '68 H/O.

Blackrat67
11-26-2011, 03:54 PM
That orange 71 is mine, really Matador red. What a spectacular show! Lots of really great cars.

fcneg4
11-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Amen.

TimG
11-26-2011, 10:39 PM
Well, that red W30 is beautiful.

daverd
02-02-2012, 03:59 PM
I saw that 71 red w 30 at musclepallozza what a great car
Best restored 71 w30 I have seen yet so far
(I hope I can restore mt 71 that nice someday if I live long enough)
Sigh!!!

Canuck
02-02-2012, 07:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LeeP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Behind the blue one in the picture is a white 71 w-30 convertible that I really liked, documented car and column shift which as an olds guy I have only seen on a couple cars and never a convertible.

Lee </div></div>

Lee

I have info on 4 Column shift converts that I know of for 1971. Some have been changed to console cars during restoration. More common in 1972 when Buckets were not part pf the 442 Package.

Paul

DW31S
02-03-2012, 01:14 PM
You guys should be commended, especially Lee Pearl and Ed Pienta. Those cars are two of the nicest cars around today (all makes and models included) and deserve every award they have received. It is cars like those that raise the bar---WAY TO GO GUYS!!!!!
About the only thing I find wrong with both of those cars is the fact that MY NAME isn't on the titles!!!!!

Blackrat67
02-04-2012, 03:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: daverd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw that 71 red w 30 at musclepallozza what a great car
Best restored 71 w30 I have seen yet so far
(I hope I can restore mt 71 that nice someday if I live long enough)
Sigh!!! </div></div>
Thanks so much for the compliment, I really appreciate that!
Ed

Blackrat67
02-04-2012, 03:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DW31S</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys should be commended, especially Lee Pearl and Ed Pienta. Those cars are two of the nicest cars around today (all makes and models included) and deserve every award they have received. It is cars like those that raise the bar---WAY TO GO GUYS!!!!!
About the only thing I find wrong with both of those cars is the fact that MY NAME isn't on the titles!!!!! </div></div>
Thank You! Lee's car is just plain awesome! I love seeing cars restored to as close to perfection as possible, no matter what make or model. .....
And as far as your name on the title, well... That can probably be arranged!!
Ed

LeeP
02-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Both Ed and I enjoyed sharing our cars at MCACN. James Kryta really has never received the credit due for his green 72 w-30. That car and Ed's are the best of the best but there are many great Oldsmobiles. I was just lucky to find my car 30+ years ago and have enough foresight to keep it all these years and having managed a museum recognized the need to preserve it correctly and put it out for the public to enjoy. <span style="font-weight: bold">It will be at Detroit Autorama in three weeks.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys should be commended, especially Lee Pearl and Ed Pienta. Those cars are two of the nicest cars around today (all makes and models included) and deserve every award they have received. It is cars like those that raise the bar---WAY TO GO GUYS!!!!! </div></div>

That was a nice comment Dave....thanks Lee

DW31S
02-06-2012, 01:34 PM
I have to agree with the comment about Kryta. Altough I've never seen his cars in person, I imagine from different photos and the opinions of people in the know that his cars are awesome. I hear people gripe and complain about him, his cars, and his company, but he has always treated me perfectly. I really think some of the negativity is due to the fact that those people are just plain jealous. Maybe THEY ordered the wrong part and his company shipped what THEY ordered. Again, I've never had a problem with his parts or his service and I can't wait to see his &quot;new&quot; W-30 Conv.
And Ed, I would love to add your car to my little collection, but I'm &quot;bustin' at the seems now&quot; and I am thinking about a '72 Cutlass Supreme Conv. I found....not a 442 but a pretty nice Yellow/Black/Black 78k mile original----we'll see.

RM Schimel
02-06-2012, 09:57 PM
His cars are absolutely beautiful. I must admit they are the finest restorations that I have yet seen! I am greatly looking forward to seeing what he does with the Olds 455 hemi engine. I am sure it will be something special! RM

spada2555
03-27-2012, 09:29 AM
It's .... pretty much.