PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Invitational & Special Displays Announced

bashton
01-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Our Invitational and Special displays have been the "base" of the MCACN show since inception, and with the continued support that YOU have given us, have been the highlight of the shows.

For 2012, we will continue to "raise the bar" and host many of the rarest and most desirable Muscle Cars and Corvettes, many seldom if ever seen by the public. 2012 will be a banner year with an entirely new crop of outstanding automobiles, so without further ado, I would like to announce our Invitational and special displays;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member.

bashton
01-26-2012, 06:08 PM
AERO WARRIORS;

This will be a lot of fun. With the Nascar wars really heating up in the late 60's and early 70's, Ford, Dodge, Mercury and Plymouth built some really outrageous cars for both the track and the street. You will see some Talledega's, Superbirds, Cyclone Spoilers, Charger 500's, and Daytona's in both street and race trim. Hosted by Jason Thompson, (who just sold his red Prototype Talledega at BJ for record money) and Doug Schellinger, who showed his Ramo Stott Superbird at MCACN 2011.

CLASS OF 1972;

This one is heating up in a BIG way. Yes, the pickings performance wise may have been slim in '72, but they were still out there! You could order up a 454, an HO 455, a 440, a 455 Stage 1 and others. Already confirmed are FIVE SS 454 Chevelle convertibles, several HO Pontiacs and several W-30's and Stage 1's!

Corvette Central TRIPLE DIAMOND CORVETTE competition and display;

One of the fastest growing parts of our show. This features only the absolute BEST restored and original Corvettes that have already achived both BG and NCRS top flight status. Last year we had 44 contenders from 1953-1996. This year promises to be even bigger.

SHELBY SNAKEPIT IV;

With a special emphasis on the Cobra and the 50th anniversary of Shelby American, we know this will be a hot one! Hosted by Colin Comer, we already have several original Cobra's confirmed along with several one-off Shelby Mustangs.

CLASS OF '62;

Step back 50 years, when the S/S and drag wars waged in a big way. The 409's and Wedge head Mopars were battling it out with the 421's and 406's and every weekend brought excitement to the tracks nationwide. See the big body beasts in this one, along with some very notable Corvettes.

Continued....

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

bashton
01-26-2012, 06:20 PM
TRANS AM TERRORS;

Again, this one will feature both street and race cars. The Trans Am series inspired an entire breed of pony cars that continue to be hot and desirable. See AAR Cuda's, Z/28's, Boss 302 Mustangs, Javelins, T/A Challengers and of course, the namesake Pontiac Trans Ams in this one.

sYc MEMBERS SHOWCASE;

We are pleased to host this very special area for sYc members. Dealer-built Supercars and some awesome muscle machines, all owned by active members of the Yenko.net commmunity featured here, along with some of the greatest guys and gals in the hobby.

GOING TOPLESS; CONVERTIBLE SHOWCASE;

Convertible muscle machines are some of the rarest and most desirable American cars ever built. From 1966 to 1971, the big three built just a handful of drop-tops with the biggest baddest engines. See the best of the best in this one!

NICKEY CHICAGO AND MR. NORMS DISPLAYS;

We are happy to host these displays, featuring these Chicago Icons. See several of the originals along with the latest offerings from both Nickey Chicago and Mr. Norms Garage along with some of the guys who made it happen then...and make it happen now.

Continued....

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

bashton
01-26-2012, 06:42 PM
MUSCLE BIKES AND MUSCLE CARS;

We're going to have fun with this one! Many of us started with bikes, so why not? In mid '63 Schwinn introduced the Stingray bikes, later followed by the cool drag race inspired Krates in 1968. Either you had one or you wanted one! Numerous companies offered 20" and 16/20 banana seat bikes and many of us "customized" them. Dig yours out and show it off this year at MCACN. Will feature ALL makes of msucle car and drag race inspired bicycles.

VINTAGE CERTIFICATION AND DISPLAY;

Another area that has expanded greatly since our inception. Led by Steve Shauger and his team of acknowledged experts, the emphasis is on preservation, not restoration. For 2012 we will be expanding again with several Ford vehicles, including a very special Talledega with incredible history. Of course, there will be several Camaro's and some unexpected surprises. So what do you have hiding away in your garage or barn? For 2012 we will continue with the display only and the actual certification process cars, both being documented. You can learn a whole lot in this area!

BARN FINDS; THE WAY THEY WERE;

The Automotive Archeologist, Ryan Brutt, has found and documented hundreds of cars in fields and barns and hidden away. He will host this special area, which is sure to be a hit, with cars in as-found condition. They may not be shiny or pretty, but be assured, each and every car in this area will be the real thing!

SUPER BEE INVITATIONAL;

Here we will feature Dodge Super Bees from 1968-1971. When the Plymouth guys took the spotlight with the Roadrunnner, the Dodge guys responded with the Super Bee. Starting as an entry level Muscle Car with a standard 383 or optional 426 Hemi, it evolved into the one year only Charger body Super Bee in 1971, with the wild lift-off hood 440+6's in 69 1/2. Everything from bare-bones rubber mat Bees to loaded up versions featured here. Hosted by Michele Dozeman, who will be showing her own Plum Crazy '70.

This is an overview of some of what you will see at MCACN 2012.

If you have a car that would be suitable for one of these special gatherings, please e-mail me asap at [email protected] with pictures and information. These displays are for only REAL-DEAL cars, absolutely no "clones", "tributes" or whatever you want to call them!

2012 is going to be a banner year for MCACN. The MCACN Members would like to again express our sincere appreciation to the sYc community and everyone who has made this show THE EVENT for the Muscle Car, Dealer-built Supercar and Corvette enthusiast.

As always, any suggestions, idea's or feedback is welcome. You can e-mail me or call any time; 586-549-5291.

Would YOU like to host a special display or gathering? Let me know!

THANKS;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

bashton
01-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Registration is now open for both cars and vendors through the MCACN website; www.mcacn.com (http://www.mcacn.com)

Register NOW, as I am sure we will fill quicker then ever and in the interest of keeping the show interesting and of the utmost quality, all individual classes will be limited in size.

This means that the quantity of similiar make and models of car will be limited. In other words, if you own a Camaro or Chevelle, (or any other model) it will need to be one of the best and once we hit a given number, (no matter what kind of car), the class will be full, whether judged or not.

Thanks;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

njsteve
01-27-2012, 12:46 AM
Is there a special registration for the bicycles?

If I bring the 72 T/A, I'd bring my original owner 1970 Raleigh Chopper, too. Is there an extra cost for the bike entry?

bashton
01-28-2012, 07:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a special registration for the bicycles?

If I bring the 72 T/A, I'd bring my original owner 1970 Raleigh Chopper, too. Is there an extra cost for the bike entry? </div></div>

We will be adding a diffferant form to our website for bicycles real soon. There will be a $25 entry fee, and entrants will recive one multi-day ticket, personalized signage and we will be stanchioning off the entire perimeter of the bicycle display area. With the response we have recieved so far, I anticpate hosting 30-50 Muscle bikes!

Steven; would LOVE to have your T/A in our &quot;Class of 1972&quot; Invitational display and your one-owner Chopper too.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

bashton
02-02-2012, 05:27 PM
The response to our Special displays is already pretty amazing.

For our Aero Warriors gathering, we have 16(!) Ford and Mercurys while on the Mopar side, we have three Daytona's, a Hemi Charger 500 and four Superbird's.

Our Class of 1972 has FIVE w-code Chevelle SS 454 convertibles and a really cool non SS 402 Malibu, Stage 1 Buicks in both hardtop and convertible bodys. (Calling Mr. Segal!)

Our Class of '62 has several 409's and several Pontiacs locked in. (Sam...are you out there?)

Going Topless includes a Hemi Challenger and we have several Cobra's signed up for our Shelby Snakepit.

Trans Am Terrors has a T/A Challenger, a Z/28 and a Trans Am.

Super Bee Invitational has two very differant 68's,a one of one 69.5 440-6 pack and a gorgeous plum crazy '70.

If you have a &quot;prime&quot; muscle car that would be suitable for one of our special displays, please let me know asap, as i will be starting on out new magazine soon. It really is never too early! [email protected]

Looking for the best of the best and the rarest of the rare.

I do updates nearly every day on our facebook page, so if you aren't signed on already, please &quot;like&quot; us and stay in the loop.

THANKS;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

njsteve
02-02-2012, 11:09 PM
yeah, yeah, yeah. I will do my entry thingy as soon as I can find a pen that will work on my computer screen. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

Here's my question of the day: If I am not getting the 72 T/A judged, what is the class and price it goes in as? Is it the $50 non-judged class under Class of '72?

And the Chopper is $25 in the musclebike class under a different website form?

Plowman
02-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Use white-out on your computer screen. Ha! *Paul

bashton
02-04-2012, 05:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah, yeah, yeah. I will do my entry thingy as soon as I can find a pen that will work on my computer screen. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

Here's my question of the day: If I am not getting the 72 T/A judged, what is the class and price it goes in as? Is it the $50 non-judged class under Class of '72?

And the Chopper is $25 in the musclebike class under a different website form?

</div></div>

That is correct. Write in &quot;Class of 1972 per BA&quot; in the club area. We will be adding a seperate form for the bicycles soon.

Thanks!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

bashton
02-06-2012, 01:19 AM
Great stuff keeps coming in...and it is never too early to sign up.

Host hotels should be locked in this week.

Keep 'em coming and as always, any questions, suggestions or feedback; [email protected]

Thanks;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

72convertibless454
02-13-2012, 03:28 AM
I will see you there - looking forward to going to the show for the first time. see you there with my 72 Convertible Chevelle 454

Postsedan
02-13-2012, 10:56 PM
Here is Mark`s Beautiful 1972 W code SS454 Convert.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v677/Postsedan/Postsedan2012/W1972.jpg

Dan

CC Rider
02-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Nice! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

bashton
02-14-2012, 01:27 AM
We are now up to SIX W-code SS 454 Convertibles for our &quot;Class of 1972&quot; Invitational display, and all are differant colors.

Like I always say...just for a minute, close your eyes and picture that!

2012 is going to be another outstanding year for MCACN.

Many thanks to all for your continued support. Please tell a friend!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Postsedan
02-14-2012, 02:53 AM
I bet a few of the six are in this pictures. Raising the Bar!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v677/Postsedan/Postsedan2012/P1010500.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v677/Postsedan/Postsedan2012/P1010499.jpg

Dan

1972convss454
04-17-2012, 05:06 AM
Don't get over here much. Should really spend more time here.
Can't wait until MCACN 2012. I will unveil my 72 W Vert for the first time at this Show! This will be the largest gathering ever of 1972 SS 454 Convertibles.

Here is Tracey's car. The only one known to have &quot;Special Order Paint&quot;.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj139/josephfarrow/CB09069.jpg

CC Rider
04-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Nice!