PDA

View Full Version : Car Transportation

Salvatore
01-30-2012, 06:17 PM
anybody getting a rig or already have one that needs to be filled that is coming from the Jersey, Philly area to MCACN in 2012?

Plowman
01-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Sam get one for your self,good deals on them now. I had a trailer for 10 to 12 years,tags were $11.00 a year. Now you can buy a five year tag. Hope this helps. *Paul

bashton
01-30-2012, 10:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: [email protected]</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anybody getting a rig or already have one that needs to be filled that is coming from the Jersey, Philly area to MCACN in 2012? </div></div>

Sam; call Bob Sellers, General Manager for Reliable Carriers directly at 800-521-6393 extension 6262. I have already spoken to several people from NJ/NY/Pa that are planning on shipping and it is never too early!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Salvatore
01-31-2012, 02:15 AM
Ok Bob, thanks!
Paul, don't need a trailer to really use it enough. Thought about it before but don't really want to do it. Maybe if I had cars that warranted a trailer I would.

MosportGreen66
01-31-2012, 05:04 AM
I had a very poor experience with Bob, as have numerous other members of this site. Sam, save yourself the potential issue and use another carrier. Call me if you'd like... Dan

Salvatore
01-31-2012, 01:58 PM
Dan as always, I appreciate your input. Thank you.

Plowman
01-31-2012, 03:41 PM
A enclosed trailer is like having a nother Garage. You can take off when ever you are ready. I had a opean trailer for years,it worked for me. But when my son got a used enclosed trailer we stayed dry and had heat in it and a golf cart,don't think we would ever go back. Having a enclosed trailer for a Garage in the yard is cheaper then a, rental Garage you don't owe. *Paul

PxTx
01-31-2012, 04:26 PM
I heard Jed loves that ride out to Chicago Sam. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/crazy.gif

Charley Lillard
01-31-2012, 05:07 PM
Reliable is a sponsor of this site and a sponsor of MCACN. They help make both possible. I had 6 very expensive cars shipped from the west coast to MCACN and the service was top notch. They did soft tie downs and arrived on Thursday as they said. Reliable has over 300 trucks and I'm sure there will be incidents but for the most part they are very squared away. There are always two sides to every story. SC69sam I would start working on a full load of 6 cars with Reliable and get a good rate. A full truck insures there is no offloading of any cars until MCACN and usually gets a better rate. What they do hate is booking a full load at a discount and at the last minute having only 3 cars to haul instead of 6. We had a pile of Reliable trucks at MCACN and I'm confident most owners were very happy.

LeeP
01-31-2012, 05:15 PM
I was very happy with Reliable for the short haul they did from MCACN 2011 chicago to detroit. My car went along with that cool Tucker so I felt pretty good. I have also used Gary Straight for several of my hauls.

Lee

Steve Shauger
01-31-2012, 08:49 PM
Just an FYI. The participated in our Vintage program at MCACN used relaible to haul their unrestore time capsules (I believe 8 owners)and not one complaint, and they arrived on time which helped me set the display up. Over the years I've used many different haulers, but the last three year i've used Reliable exclusively and have been very satisfied.

PxTx
02-01-2012, 02:26 AM
Used Reliable for the #004 SAAC Mk1 Mustang. I actually made a post where it was getting close to the last day of the delivery window and jumped the gun. The delivered within the scheduled time and were very professional when they aarrived. I would use them again without a second thought.

MosportGreen66
02-01-2012, 03:02 AM
I will gladly explain my comment to anyone who is interested. The driver and trucks are NOT the issues. All I'm suggesting is to shop around when planning transportation.

I'm happy you all have had positive experiences with Reliable. I, along with the others affected, will never use them again. If more time allotted between the service level failure and the end of the MCACN show, I would have hired another carrier to transport the car home.

Plowman
02-01-2012, 03:59 AM
EVERY,not lacking anything neccessary.