PDA

View Full Version : 1970 Challenger TA

danachevroletfor1967
01-31-2012, 06:48 PM
When I was attending Idaho State University in Pocatello back in the spring of 1972 I saw a bright yellow 1970 Dodge Challenger TA on a used car lot. I stopped to look at it and even got to test drive it. What a car. I couldn't believe the awesome acceleration when I took it out on the freeway. I wanted to buy it but knew I couldn't afford it while being a college student so I had to let it go by.
What I am now wondering is does anyone know of this car, what might have happened to it, or where it is now. It was bright yellow with a black interior and auto trans. I don't remember it having back window slats but think it might have had a black vinyl top. It most likely would have been sold new at the Dodge dealership, Paul Jones Dodge-Jeep. The original owner that I got to talk with was a Native American. I don't remember why he got rid of it, if memory serves me right he needed a car that got better gas mileage. Thanks for any info anyone might have.

Postsedan
01-31-2012, 10:08 PM
Hi Mario,

Like this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v677/Postsedan/Postsedan2012/TAChallenger.jpg

Dan

old5.0
02-01-2012, 12:42 AM
There's an identical twin to the car pictured outside of Fairbury Nebraska, but I'm fairly certain it came from Topeka. I think Top Banana was fairly common on T/As

danachevroletfor1967
02-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Thanks guys for the responses. Yeah, that is exactly how I remember it looking except I am pretty certain it had the Chrysler rally wheels, not like the ones in the picture.