PDA

View Full Version : Lakewood roll bar specs

Hemicolt
02-07-2012, 03:52 AM
What size tubing are the Lakewood roll bars, mounting plates, etc.? I'm going to make one for the Vega.

Thanks

Plowman
02-07-2012, 07:16 AM
Same size as carb wire,I will check it out,next time I am out side.

Hemicolt
02-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Tubing is going to be thicker than 0.018. You may mean .180, but that's not what I'm asking. What size tubing? 1.625, 1.750, etc.
What size plates? 6x6, 5x5, etc.
I will use .083 or .095 moly for the thickness on the bar. Whatever thickness the plates are will be duplicated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Plowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Same size as carb wire,I will check it out,next time I am out side. </div></div>

Plowman
02-07-2012, 05:01 PM
That is the RED Lakewood bar. *Poul

Plowman
02-07-2012, 06:52 PM
That is the red one. The pad's are 5&quot;by 5&quot;. Hope that's helps. I will go out and check when my son comes home. *Paul

Hemicolt
02-07-2012, 07:09 PM
What is the red Lakewood bar????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Plowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is the RED Lakewood bar. *Poul </div></div>

Plowman
02-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Got a loop with two feet[removable]and a tail bar with a nonremovable foot.

Hemicolt
02-08-2012, 12:10 AM
There is a gas leak somewhere...lmao.

Here is what I meant. I clarified my question by adding that I wanted to know what the outside dia. of the tubing is. I then used the example of 1.625, 1.750, etc. I also used the example of plate size. 6x6, 5x5, etc.

The reason I did this was because you misunderstood my original question when I asked: &quot;What size tubing are the Lakewood roll bars, mounting plates, etc.? I'm going to make one for the Vega.&quot;

After clarifying what I meant by adding the tube sizes for examples, your reply was: &quot;That is the RED Lakewood bar. *Poul&quot;

I then asked: &quot;What is the red Lakewood bar????&quot;.. meaning, What in the world are you talking about? I know what a Lakewood roll bar is. That's why I'm going to build one.

My question is: Why did you make the statement: &quot;That is the RED Lakewood bar. *Poul&quot;
It makes no sense to what I stated prior to you writing it.

mr.4speed
02-08-2012, 01:43 AM
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

Hemicolt
02-08-2012, 03:41 AM
I hope I didn't sound offensive in any way with my post above. It has made me smile. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif
Reminds me of &quot;Who's on first&quot;..lol

daverd
02-08-2012, 04:16 AM
:bigthumbup
I have a lake wood 3 point bar 68 to 72 chevelle type
I will measure it when I get a. Chance
And yes it's red

Hemicolt
02-08-2012, 04:24 AM
Thanks. If you don't mind, can you check and see what color it is? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

Postsedan
02-08-2012, 11:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: daverd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> :bigthumbup
And yes it's red </div></div>

Another fine example of what our fine hobby is all about <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Well done, daverd

Dan

daverd
02-08-2012, 11:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Postsedan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=daverd] :bigthumbup
And yes it's red </div></div>

Another fine example of what our fine hobby is all about <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Well done, daverd
Thanks Dan...... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif
Daverd

Hemicolt
02-09-2012, 04:28 AM
Dave sent me some good pictures and I found an original ad from Lakewood.
Tubing size shows 1.750 dia. and .125 wall thickness.

The Vega has a fold down rear seat. What do you guys think about leaving the backseat in, making the rear bar run back a little futher and bolting in at the rear of the folded down seat back? This way I can fold down the rear seat and bolt the bar in. But if I wanted to use the rear seat, I can take the bar out and fold the seat up.

daverd
02-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Sounds like a great idea!

Hawkeye
02-14-2012, 02:38 AM
Wouldn't the third bar fall between the bottom of the seat and the seat back? Either way I think it will look good. What did Don Hardy offer in this time period? Speaking of, I remember seeing some front struts in the for sale section several months ago. If they fit they would look good on your Vega. Does anyone have a catalog they can post on here?
Marty

Hemicolt
02-14-2012, 02:47 AM
Funny you mentioned that. I was looking through some old mags. last night and saw a Lakewood ad. After studing the picture, I thought about what you are suggesting. The seat bottom is very easy to unhook and remove to get access to the pull pin/bolt. I think I could bolt down the plate and have the receiver stub miss the seat bottom, so it could stay in.
Struts would require major surgery to the front end. They wouldn't be a bolt in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawkeye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wouldn't the third bar fall between the bottom of the seat and the seat back? Either way I think it will look good. What did Don Hardy offer in this time period? Speaking of, I remember seeing some front struts in the for sale section several months ago. If they fit they would look good on your Vega. Does anyone have a catalog they can post on here?
Marty
</div></div>

Postsedan
02-14-2012, 03:22 AM
Leave the seat in <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

NOW....Lets see some pics of this <span style="font-size: 20pt">Vega</span>!

Dan

Hemicolt
02-14-2012, 04:23 AM
There's an entire thread here:

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&amp;Number=470662#Post4706 62