PDA

View Full Version : eBay line lock

TheNovaMan
02-19-2012, 03:26 AM
OK, so who outbid me on the line lock?

John Brown
02-19-2012, 04:06 AM
Easy to find out. Go to &quot;my ebay&quot;. Click on &quot;advanced&quot; to the right of the search bar, up near the top right. Click on &quot;by bidder&quot;, then enter <span style="text-decoration: underline">your</span> bidder name when the box pops up. Make sure you check the box that says &quot; show completed auctions&quot;. You will have the winning bidders name (at least their ebay name) and if you click on that, then if you still want more information, look at the history of that bidder name and you will most likely know who it was. But then, you will sometimes find people like me that use different names as a buyer than they use as a seller, so the name takes you to a dead end. Then you may (I'm only saying &quot;may&quot;) find out someones buying name if you are a seller and they buy one of your items. If you run across someone that has five or six different buyer and seller i.d.'s, this all goes out the window. Good luck.

John Brown
02-19-2012, 04:16 AM
By the way, I wasn't bidding on the line lock. I've still got the one I used on my: 57 Chevy, 67 Camaro, 67 Caprice, 67 Bel Air, resting comfortably in my basement.

TheNovaMan
02-19-2012, 05:28 AM
Neat!

brent396
02-19-2012, 03:41 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICO-line-lock-l...ies&amp;vxp=mtr (http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICO-line-lock-loc-NOS-vintage-gasser-race-drag-SCTA-1955-chevy-MACK-ford-1932-/130651033453?hash=item1e6b688f6d&amp;item=130651033453 &amp;pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&amp;vxp=mtr )

TheNovaMan
02-19-2012, 04:28 PM
Wow, minty!

396L35
02-21-2012, 03:40 AM
Here is mine that has been with my car since the early 70's.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/396L35/Race%20Car/RC3.jpg

TheNovaMan
02-22-2012, 10:13 PM
Interesting... is that more for racing or parking?

396L35
02-23-2012, 03:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheNovaMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting... is that more for racing or parking? </div></div>

I imagine racing considering the e-brake is still in place.

SuperNovaSS
02-23-2012, 03:46 AM
Cool line lock. John, why would you use a different buying name than selling name? I have seen others who do this and I do not understand it. What do you have to hide? People are so secretive and I don't understand it. Being an open book makes things much simpler in my opinion. If you want to see what I sell look at my selling history and if you want to see what I bid on look at my bidding history.

Jason

Hemicolt
02-23-2012, 04:14 AM
Because some people have hillbilly mentality and will not bid on your item if they can go back and see that you bought it for less than you are selling it for.
I could care less if someone has two, three, or however many accounts. All that matters is if you like what they are selling and if you are willing to pay for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperNovaSS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool line lock. John, why would you use a different buying name than selling name? I have seen others who do this and I do not understand it. What do you have to hide? People are so secretive and I don't understand it. Being an open book makes things much simpler in my opinion. If you want to see what I sell look at my selling history and if you want to see what I bid on look at my bidding history.

Jason </div></div>

Mk IV Muscle
02-23-2012, 04:15 AM
Wow 396l35 that line lock reminds me of the old wreckers we used to to with. Had the same thing on one side and the PTO engagement on the other, I believe. Holmes 440 body with the big sling and chains. Then came plastic bumper covers and lower ride heights which brought wheel lifts into being.

Plowman
02-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Some are CHICKEN...But they won't play CHICKEN...

John Brown
02-24-2012, 02:17 AM
Jason, as for the different I.D.'s, I'd rather let the anonymity of the ebay auctions insulate me from any online acquaintances I may have made. It's too much grief for me to do business otherwise.

John Brown
02-24-2012, 02:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hemicolt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Because some people have hillbilly mentality and will not bid on your item if they can go back and see that you bought it for less than you are selling it for.....</div></div>

I believe that a five dollar bill is still worth five dollars, even if you found it laying on the ground. I have no problem buying something I need if I want it. Doesn't make any difference if you got it for free or if you are selling it at a loss. If it has a value to me is all that matters. Same goes with my selling. I don't have to make a profit on something I paid too much for. Sometimes it's better to get rid of it and make room and collect the dollars so I can buy something else that will make a profit. In the long run, all I can say is I'm way ahead using that logic.