PDA

View Full Version : A Rare 1970 Judge?

Qp55
11-30-2012, 02:22 AM
I am restoring a 1970 GTO Judge, it is a 400 Ram Air III, Hardtop, AC, Automatic on the column with bucket seats and NO console! Numbers matching and PHS Documented. It was born Granada Gold with Sandlewood Interior... It is too late now I suppose but, Now she is Cardinal Red with Black Interior.
Question is: Did I hurt it or help it with the color change considering the automatic column shift, bucket seats and no console? What do you think it is worth?

GTO_DON
11-30-2012, 02:46 AM
The automatic column shift hurts it to be honest and adds no value.
You should just buy a console setup and change it over.

tom406
11-30-2012, 03:35 AM
Agree with Don. With the color change(s), you may as well put in a proper console shift. By changing color, you've taken it out of the purist realm and the people who appreciate a red on black color change will not appreciate the column shift (ie won't buy). As to whether you hurt the value, that's somewhat debatable. Usually I'd say absolutely you did, but honestly, a column shift automatic gold on saddle Judge is just the kind of car a lot of people would marvel at but few may actually open their wallet for, so getting top dollar is tough. Might be a push....

69 Post Sedan
11-30-2012, 12:36 PM
Are you going to keep the car? If so, ditto on what Don suggested. If you're going to sell it within a few years, leave it alone. An automatic on the column isn't the end of the world. Plus, the next owner might restore it back to its original color. IMO.

Good luck, Kurt

Qp55
12-01-2012, 01:04 AM
Just as soon as it is done, it will be for sale.

12-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Then resell red was the way to go. You have already made two major changes why worry about making more?
James

Steve_Hoog
12-05-2012, 02:31 PM
If you are going to sale it; leave it as stock as possible.

L78M22Rag
12-05-2012, 04:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427.060</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Then resell red was the way to go. You have already made two major changes why worry about making more?
James </div></div>

Really... re-sale red? The title of the post is &quot;rare 1970 Judge&quot; and it had a unique color combination, but painting it re-sale red reduces it to something very average.

12-05-2012, 10:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: L78M22Rag</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427.060</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Then resell red was the way to go. You have already made two major changes why worry about making more?
James </div></div>

Really... re-sale red? The title of the post is &quot;rare 1970 Judge&quot; and it had a unique color combination, but painting it re-sale red reduces it to something very average. </div></div>

Sorry, I was trying to be sarcastic. Kinda hard to do on a forum. By changing the color of an otherwise original car he probably lost 20% of the value of the car.
James

BLACKLS5
12-18-2012, 12:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: panmin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Word by word after I read this Diablo 3 Gold (http://www.diablo4shop.com) story later, my heart can't be calm once in a very long while, shock! Why would like a son that like! In BBS in horizontal network in my years, from thinking any further can't MapleStory Gold (http://www.mmomesos.com) there any son can move me, have never thought today saw so masterly such a son!
</div></div>
Anybody?

69hurstSC
12-22-2012, 02:10 AM
I love Granada Gold! Here is a shot of my dad's former car that won &quot;Best Judge&quot; at the GTO Land O Lakes Muscle Car Classic a few years back. With Judge production just north of 3,600 I feel it hurts ALL #'s matching, desirable cars when you change the paint while still going for the stock look. Just opinions here.

http://s11.postimage.org/x8eynflar/1970_GTO_Judge.jpg