PDA

View Full Version : last Hemi made?or not?

agtw31
04-14-2013, 03:15 PM
i thought an E body was the last Hemi made

looks like it might be this car

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2013/03/11/is-this-the-last-hemi-ever-built-by-mopar/

njsteve
04-14-2013, 04:47 PM
There were different assembly plants making the cars in 1971. Lynch Road made the Chargers, Hamtramck made the Cudas and Challengers. It is possible to have a higher serial number car built before a lower numbered car simply because it was at a different plant.

442w30
04-14-2013, 05:33 PM
Andy, the folks dealing with the white Charger are <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif

agtw31
04-14-2013, 05:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 442w30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Andy, the folks dealing with the white Charger are <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif </div></div>

guy said he turned down 500K for that white Charger

that is insane

69hurstSC
04-16-2013, 07:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: agtw31</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 442w30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Andy, the folks dealing with the white Charger are <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif </div></div>

guy said he turned down 500K for that white Charger

that is insane </div></div>

Not if it isn't for sale.

442w30
04-16-2013, 08:50 PM
You've got an owner and a dealer, one of them shameless.

bashton
04-20-2013, 03:49 PM
From what I have seen, the likelihood of this car being the last Hemi made is...well, unlikely.

But then, it's on the internet, so it must be true.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

bashton
06-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Stay tuned...there will be something very cool (and very educational) coming to MCACN V. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/scholar.gif

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

mockingbird812
06-19-2013, 05:34 PM
Big Tease! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smirk.gif .................. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

Ryan1969Chevelle
06-19-2013, 05:42 PM
I am coming to MACAN V......<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Is it the last Hemi Chevelle?<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif

Ryan

bashton
06-20-2013, 01:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Big Tease! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smirk.gif .................. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif </div></div>

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/scholar.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

mockingbird812
06-20-2013, 01:43 PM
Oh, now I see. Bob is giving us hints in his emoticons........perhaps a manual tranny? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

DW31S
06-25-2013, 12:52 PM
If the fellow turned down $500K, IMO that is where two fools met---one making the offer and the other for not taking it. Even if it does turn out to be the last one made (which is starting to be in question)it is still not that sacred. That is a big chunk of change and many won't accumulate that much money in a lifetime of saving. I like rare and exotic cars as much as anyone, but it is a mass produced Chrysler, not a 1 of 1 Bugatti, or something similar. If in the end, the facts support that it ISN'T the last one made one of those guys is going to be awfully happy and one awfully sad. Just my take on it, and you know what they say about opinions.

rich p
07-24-2013, 05:21 PM
4 million for a bus!! That is crazy!! Last Hemi car $500k is NOT out of the NORM!! Its like ocean front property, not everybody can afford it and live in a cheaper house a few blocks off the ocean!! Cool house but it is NOT ocean front property!! These cars are coming back STRONG with PEDIGREE!! Just my 3cents!!

bashton
09-23-2013, 08:28 PM
Indeed, we will be presenting the <span style="font-style: italic">full story </span>with several 1971 Hemi Charger's on display. Most of the parties involved will be on hand to answer questions and share what was discovered during the rather intense research that was done.

Yet another reason to be sure you make it to our 5th Anniversary Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals show! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Tracker1
09-23-2013, 10:14 PM
Tim Wellborn owns the last hemi car. This white car has been discredited already. It's a hemi car, just not the last one.

http://www.moparaction.com/Article/Vin-tage_Charger/Vin-tage_Charger.html

http://www.moparaction.com/Article/Vin-tage_Charger/PATRICK_KROOK_LETTER.html

And wasn't njsteve's old hemicuda 'vert the last hemi convertible built?

njsteve
09-24-2013, 01:29 AM
It was until the found the export car(s). <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

bashton
09-26-2013, 01:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was until the found the export car(s). <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif </div></div>

Let's hear it! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

njsteve
09-26-2013, 10:04 PM
If I recall correctly, one of the two European export cars: (the white or the grey 71 ragtop) had a higher VIN and a later production date than my &quot;Old Yeller&quot; one.