PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't anyone like Talladegas?

Fast67VelleN2O
06-29-2013, 07:20 PM
These cars were built for Nascar. Ford's Aero car built to compete with the Daytona. I never see them bring any money. Why? They are super cool!

njsteve
06-29-2013, 08:54 PM
I think it may be the lack of color selection and any options. Weren't they limited to blue or maroon with a 428 auto on the column?

Fast67VelleN2O
06-29-2013, 09:26 PM
Wimbledon White, Royal Maroon, and Presidential Blue. All were 428 on column with bench seats.

old5.0
06-29-2013, 11:35 PM
Maybe for the same reason a 65 Mustang GT convertible with the 225 horse 289 and Cruise-O-Matic is worth as much or more than a 70 Torino Cobra with the 429SCJ/4speed/4.30 Detroit drivetrain. It seems like most Ford guys don't value things the same way a typical Chevy/Pontiac/Mopar guy does.

Why that is, I don't know. Maybe because, in most years, the top dog engine parts from Ford (Hi-Riser, Tunnel Port, SOHC) weren't available on the showroom floor like they were with Chevy or Chrysler. And Ford never had a well-organized over-the-counter distribution set-up like the Pontiac Super Duty deal. Well, not until the 80's, that is, but even that gets the short end of the stick from organizations like MCA. My time as a member of that organization convinced me that "Mustang enthusiast" and "Fox enthusiast" are two completely separate people with practically nothing in common.

Heck, look at this website, and how highly Chevy guys value these super dealers such as Yenko or Nickey. There were Ford super dealers back then, too, building everything from Hi Riser Mustangs to Boss 302 Mavericks, but it seems like the 60's Ford hobby couldn't care less. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif

Sportyworty
07-02-2013, 02:35 AM
We love Tasca, High performance Motors, S&amp;C and a bunch of others, Holman Moody, Brannan's X garage, Shelby prepped cars, Stroppe etc etc.

I have a Talladega and it is a sweet riding machine. Saving it for retirement so I can safely bump into things lol. The options thing was what held it back in comparison to the other Aero cars. A bench seat, column shift auto with a dog leg was not forward thinking with regards to future collectability

robber6910
07-02-2013, 10:44 PM
The nose on the Talladega looks HUGE. Almost like it's making the car front heavy LOL <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/laugh.gif

XXXGoldL34M20
07-03-2013, 12:17 AM
maybe because it looks like an over stretched Fairlane

Fast67VelleN2O
07-03-2013, 02:36 AM
The car was still built for one purpose, and that was Nascar racing. It won a lot of races and the aero cars couldn't keep up in 1969. Its just a shame that the car doesn't have more of a following.

GTO_DON
07-03-2013, 10:35 PM
At one time I think they did bring some good money. A guy around here had doubles in every color and sold them for some good money. I personally dont like that front on them and the bench seat with the chick stick is the KISS of death to most musclecar buyers.

Salvatore
07-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Because they are ugly IMO. There are many cars out there that baffle me on why they don't get the money and recognition they deserve. Like novas being one of them. 1970 L78 camaros too.

tabooo
07-09-2013, 10:17 PM
Well spoken Sammy!