PDA

View Full Version : They nailed "the look" 1968 Mustang Fastback

Fast67VelleN2O
08-08-2013, 12:29 AM
I'm having nightmares about this car! GORGEOUS car and killer stance!

Hemicolt
08-08-2013, 01:43 AM
Spot on.

Dave Rifkin
08-08-2013, 01:46 AM
Bad ass

markinnaples
08-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Takes me back to when I was a kid!

Grew up outside Pittsburgh in the 70's when you saw stuff like this regularly; man, I miss all those Day Two daily drivers. Seems like there was one in every 3 or 4 driveways back then.

whitetop
08-08-2013, 01:55 PM
This is from my 65-78 Mustang Street Machine and Street Freaks page..feel free to join the group..

I have thousands more to post..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/147573572108465/

Dave Rifkin
08-08-2013, 08:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: markinnaples</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Takes me back to when I was a kid!

Grew up outside Pittsburgh in the 70's when you saw stuff like this regularly; man, I miss all those Day Two daily drivers. Seems like there was one in every 3 or 4 driveways back then. </div></div>

And it seemed like every gas station had a hot car that was always parked out front on display.

Hemicolt
08-09-2013, 08:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave Rifkin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: markinnaples</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Takes me back to when I was a kid!

Grew up outside Pittsburgh in the 70's when you saw stuff like this regularly; man, I miss all those Day Two daily drivers. Seems like there was one in every 3 or 4 driveways back then. </div></div>

And it seemed like every gas station had a hot car that was always parked out front on display. </div></div>

Yep....usually belonged to someone in their early to mid 20's and worked the night shift.

markinnaples
08-09-2013, 10:27 PM
EXACTLY! The Mobil station across from my elementary school had a red/black SS454 sitting there for years and I can remember it like it was yesterday, not to mention the blue 69 Charger R/T, brown 73 Camaro with Centerlines, white 69 Camaro with black wheels and dog dishes, my neighbor's heavily modded 67 SS Chevelle, and quite a few others that I passed day after day after day going to and from school. But, even back then when you saw a Hemi whatever, you knew it was something special. There was a black 71 Hemi Cude with that awesome argent/silver shaker next to the high school bus one time and we all knew it was the king of cool at the time.

Wesley
08-21-2013, 09:06 PM
An old family friend has one just like this, been parked in his garage for years. I often imagine doing it up just like this - if it were mine.

As it sits it has some horrible 25 year old BFG's and Centerline's on it and rusty white track bars mounted at an odd angle.

markinnaples
08-22-2013, 01:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whitetop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is from my 65-78 Mustang Street Machine and Street Freaks page..feel free to join the group..

I have thousands more to post..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/147573572108465/ </div></div>

whitetop, that's a great page. Love those 70's looking Mustangs, and I'm not even a Mustang guy.