PDA

View Full Version : Mom's hardtop convertible

TimG
10-04-2013, 08:29 PM
This was my mom's hardtop convertible, I remember it well even though I was young when she got it. I know they made this in 57, 58 & 59, anyone know what year this was? This was taken on Kilbourn Ave in Chicago.

GaryC
10-04-2013, 09:55 PM
I believe that is a 59 Ford Skyliner.

olredalert
10-06-2013, 03:23 AM
----Garys correct on the year, Tim. Your Mom must have had quite an impact on the neighborhood when she put the pedal down on that beauty!!!.....Bill S

GaryC
10-06-2013, 03:40 AM
There was one at our local Chevy Dealership car show this past spring. It was like a chocolate brown and tan color, all original and full of really odd badges all over it. Car was really ugly but the top was still working fine on it. What color is your moms car Tim? White on top and Yellow bottom? Looks nice in light colors.

TimG
10-07-2013, 01:27 PM
The picture has yellowed badly, the bottom was sky blue with a white top. My grandfather bought it for my mom. I'm not sure what my dad drove. It was a cool car, I was four in '59, but remember it when new. We sold it in about 1964.

GaryC
10-07-2013, 05:50 PM
It's pretty cool to be able to see pics of any older cars and trucks with little to no damage.

KevinW
10-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Yup 59 skyliner, we had a 59 wagon growing up, yellow on bottom, white on top. 59 skyliners are pulling some pretty good money!, too bad she did not keep it. The center roof seam had a likelyhood of getting damaged and leak on you. not a great design, but cool. Add to the complexity of all those electrical relays and motors and a postage size bin that served as a trunk, it was not the most practical car there was. But plent of wow factor when the top went down!