PDA

View Full Version : car value

Bus
11-06-2013, 10:51 PM
What is something like this worth? The way it sits

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2013/11/full-14151-7572-photo_6.png

Tracker1
11-06-2013, 11:20 PM
Pretty wide-open question. Frame and floorpans shot? Is there a motor and tranny in there at all? Which one - 348 horse tri-power or 4bbl.? 4-speed? Need way more info for WIW

Bus
11-06-2013, 11:30 PM
Has a 4 bbl. And a 4 speed the frame and floor pans look good thats about all I know

Tracker1
11-06-2013, 11:58 PM
$2500- $4000

Bus
11-07-2013, 12:13 AM
If it was restored what would it be worth

PeteLeathersac
11-07-2013, 12:30 AM
Probably less than it would cost to do?
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif
~ Pete

11-07-2013, 02:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PeteLeathersac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Probably less than it would cost to do?
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif
~ Pete </div></div>Thats the way car life is these days.

tjs44
11-07-2013, 02:58 AM
pull the PHS,see what it started life as.Check vin on block agaist the PHS.If it is a correct complete original GTO engine it is real good.Now do a search to see what a restored one has sold for and work backwards.Metal and paint can be killer expensive.Tom

Tracker1
11-07-2013, 12:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it was restored what would it be worth </div></div>

Restored with a year one catalog, so it looks great at a local car show? Cost ya $50-60,000

or

Restored with hard to find original NOS parts to a level so that it can be judged at GTOAA concours by someone who knows original bolts, clips and component finishes? $100,000 restoration.

Either way I have never seen a 4bbl. '64 pull more than 40k on the market - real nice ones.

If you can get it, see if the engine is frozen. Go out in the garage and get it started, change the brake lines, the clutch, the fuel tank. Clean it up, involve your kids if you have any. Don't paint it - PATINA is cooler than nice paint these days. It's a rat muscle contender for sure. But no resto candidate. Trust me, you'll have more fun.

Salvatore
11-07-2013, 06:58 PM
&quot;PATINA&quot; is cooler than nice paint these days? Really?? Some of these so called survivor cars that people seem to be in love with have not really survived much IMO. But, to each his own I guess. Unless that is an Arnie Beswick or maybe and old Knafel race car I would roll the windows down and put bails of hay in there to feed my cattle.

Tracker1
11-07-2013, 07:52 PM
Jeez Sam it's a '64 GTO not a planter. Have some respect. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/laugh.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif

Salvatore
11-07-2013, 07:54 PM
Shame the person that &quot;did the planting&quot; didn't think that way Des! No respect on their part. We can make the &quot;planter&quot; into a &quot;feeder&quot; now!

Bus
11-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Its a real gto the guy bought it new.

I do kind of like the patina idea.

I was thinking if I could get it (which the guy says he wint sell it). I want to put a 2000 somethin gto chassis with the 6.0 under it

Salvatore
11-07-2013, 10:41 PM
HUH??

Bus
11-07-2013, 11:14 PM
What?

Salvatore
11-07-2013, 11:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its a real gto the guy bought it new.

I was thinking if I could get it (which the guy says he wint sell it). I want to put a 2000 somethin gto chassis with the 6.0 under it</div></div>
Why?

Tracker1
11-07-2013, 11:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its a real gto the guy bought it new.

I was thinking if I could get it (which the guy says he wint sell it). I want to put a 2000 somethin gto chassis with the 6.0 under it </div></div>

that'd be fun, especially with the beat up paint. you'd turn some heads when you dusted some japanese tuner car with your 'ratty' GTO. Go for it.

PxTx
11-07-2013, 11:40 PM
To start, the new gto is a unibody...so maybe you could put good suspension under the old goat. I get the spirit of your statement but it may be wise to think before you blurt out something confusing while trying to negotiate that purchase.

Bus
11-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Yea I forgot about the unibody and second im not negoitiating with the guy at all any more he told me he didnt want to sell I just put this on here to see if I offered him a reasonable price and I told him nothing about the plans for it I know how to deal with people so sorry for BLURTING out just a thought I had

olredalert
11-08-2013, 12:36 AM
----Dont worry about it, Conner. We just try to watch each others backs a bit more than some other sights. Works pretty well most of the time.......Bill S

Salvatore
11-08-2013, 02:14 AM
there are alot more rat rod type cars out there that are easier to come by.

Keith Seymore
11-08-2013, 02:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its a real gto the guy bought it new.</div></div>

That is a shame.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was thinking if I could get it (which the guy says he wint sell it). I want to put a 2000 somethin gto chassis with the 6.0 under it </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pxtx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To start, the new gto is a unibody...so maybe you could put good suspension under the old goat. I get the spirit of your statement but it may be wise to think before you blurt out something confusing while trying to negotiate that purchase. </div></div>

Anything can be done, given enough time, effort, talent and/or money (pick at least three).

http://forums.performanceyears.com/forums/showthread.php?t=729998

K

ds1
11-10-2013, 02:23 PM
Coming from a family of 12 GTO's I would agree with the above value. I have 25 k in my 64. My dad usually has 12k in his cars. WE DO ALL ARE OWN WORK. Body off and all. We sold a 67 Royal Plum 67 convertible a few years back to the Volo Museum. They had it appraised at 60K and sold it in 23 days. We sold it for 43k. My dad just sold his 65 Iris Mist convertible, documented, for 50k. Pontiacs still bring good money, but the entire market has cooled off with the economy crashing. Exceptional cars still bring good money though. Dad is currently building a 64 hardtop now that he is retired. We paid $600 for it and a parts car 10 years ago. It was the first Muscle car, this actual car, he saw when he was 14. It is rough, OE engine is gone, but is a real GTO. We have a ton of parts saved up over the years.

RichSchmidt
11-11-2013, 05:00 PM
It could be a good deal for a DIY restorer who could do their own paint and engine rebuilding. To put it into perspective,I have done body off with factoy correct overspray pattern paint jobs in my back yard in a 10x20 canopy with painters tarps closing it in. BB/CC or Laquer are very forgiving if you don't mind wet sanding. I never even worked in a body shop,but I have learned to do butt welded hand made patches,hammer and dolly work ect. I am actually a drag racer,and most of my real work is in building engines,automatic transmission,setting up rears and welding/fabrication,all out of my 1 car attached garage. A good DIY'er could finish that car with more time then money,wait out he hard to find parts until the price was right and come out way ahead of $40K,even paying $5K for the car. It might take a few years,but he/she would have a nice,rare car. Of course a lot depends on how much of the born with stuff is there and useable,and if the missing stuff is of the special hard to find stuff or generic across the model stuff,or if it is available in high quality repop. Like I said,even if it had a rebuildable complete born with drive train,and all useable(patchable at worst) body panels,it could be worth $5K or a tick more.