PDA

View Full Version : 67 L88 Roadster Green/Saddle -does it still exist?

njsteve
11-14-2013, 05:36 PM
1967 L88 Green/Saddle interior.

We were talking today and Rick the original owner of my white SD455 mentioned some of the other cars he had over the years, He recalled that he ordered a 1967 L88 roadster, brand new at Norgate Chevrolet in Roslyn, New York. He took delivery and returned it three days later because he couldn’t operate the clutch pedal with his 6’8” 280 pound frame, without leaving the driver's door open for his knee to articulate.

The car was a roadster, green with a saddle interior, and loaded with options. No heater, but it had side pipes, knock offs and a radio installed. He brought it back and got all of his money returned and within minutes of its return, the dealer had another buyer for the car.

Since they made only 20 of these cars does anyone know if this particular car still exists? I'd imagine that whoever has it now would love to talk to Rick about the car.

olredalert
11-14-2013, 05:41 PM
----I konow most of the 67s and dont recall that color combo. Steve B may be able to add something though. I had a 435 that color combo and thought it was gorgeous......Bill S

njsteve
11-14-2013, 07:31 PM
Sorry about my lack of spell checking ability: That last sentence should read as: <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">&quot;without leaving the driver's door open for his KNEE to articulate&quot;</span></span>

The <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">&quot;need to articulate&quot;</span></span> sounds like some bizarre lifestyle choice issue. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

olredalert
11-15-2013, 01:35 PM
----Dont worry about it, Steve. Apparently, I cant manage to spell check either......Bill S

njsteve
11-15-2013, 03:36 PM
If anyone knows anyone who is the &quot;keeper of the L88 info&quot;, akin to this website, you might want to send them my way. Charley mentioned there may be some knowledgeable people at the show next week that may be able to shed some light on this.

Norgate Chevrolet was a tiny Chevy dealer on Long Island, even smaller than Suburban Pontiac, where Rick bought the SD455 6 years later.

olredalert
11-15-2013, 05:10 PM
----Steve B will definetly be there and so will my pal, Jack Murray. Jack usually knows where the bodies are buried,,,LOL!!!........Bill S

Drew Papsun
11-20-2013, 02:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anyone knows anyone who is the &quot;keeper of the L88 info&quot;, akin to this website, you might want to send them my way. Charley mentioned there may be some knowledgeable people at the show next week that may be able to shed some light on this.

Norgate Chevrolet was a tiny Chevy dealer on Long Island, even smaller than Suburban Pontiac, where Rick bought the SD455 6 years later. </div></div>

Hello Steve,
I have been doing research on 1967, 1968, 1969 L-88 and L-89 since 1985.
Please contact me at 203-847-4678 or [email protected]
Thank you,
Drew Papsun
Norwalk, CT

njsteve
11-20-2013, 03:50 AM
Will you be at MCACN?

Drew Papsun
11-20-2013, 04:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will you be at MCACN?
</div></div>

Hello Steve,
I will not be going to MCACN.
Regards,
Drew

njsteve
11-20-2013, 04:06 AM
Drew, I'll reach out to you next week when I get back from the show.

Tracker1
11-20-2013, 08:51 PM
Did he keep any paper from his purchase Steve? With a VIN?

Also, I must &quot;articulate&quot; - no knocks offs on '67s - Bolt Ons are the correct &quot;articulation&quot;

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

njsteve
11-21-2013, 01:19 PM
I asked him to start the hunt for paperwork. He called them knockoffs but he knew they were bolt ons.