PDA

View Full Version : Blonde Lady

1970Bluel78
01-21-2014, 02:48 PM
What was with that Blonde lady yanking on the corners of the hoods to close them..I would be pissed if it were my car

SS427
01-21-2014, 04:30 PM
She does it all the time. I would not let her touch the Yenko at the auction in Chicago and yelled at the pushers for pushing on the spoiler. Told them that was what bumpers were for. I cannot imagine how many cars have been damaged. Did anyone see the red Hemi Cuda the guy slammed the hood on with the hood pin clips still in place? Whoops!

njsteve
01-21-2014, 05:55 PM
She's so F@&$#'n clueless. I cant tell you how many times I contacted the head office at Mecum last year, about her, when I had my car scheduled for the Indy auction.

The response I got was that she is a loyal collector car owner and would never do that.

I then sent them the actual times of the incidents, especially the one where she closed a second gen Trans Am hood from the passenger side and you could see drivers side hood spear gouge the paint on the drivers fender. i also sent them links to the various web forums that were discussing her behavior.

I then got some half-assed apology allegedly written by her.

Eveyone who has witnessed this behavior on TV should call the main Mecum phone number on their website and read them the riot act. Maybe if enough people screamed they would fire her finally.

markjohnson
01-23-2014, 09:44 PM
Wait'll she tries that stunt with somebody's early '60's factory lightweight, aluminum hood car . . .

Postsedan
01-26-2014, 03:26 PM
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif

Dan

bigsixman
02-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Dana needs to address this issue head on if indeed this is happening at his auctions. That is a very poor habit that can cause a lot of damage to collector cars. It is poor on Dana's part if he has been contacted and the issue continues.

bwag
02-03-2014, 04:24 PM
I was watching a tape of the Kissimmee sale last week and noticed whenever she got ahold of a corner of the hood to shut it, the camera was immediately aimed away from her to another view. That must be their new solution....If you cant see it or record it, It didnt happen.

njsteve
02-03-2014, 04:44 PM
I watched the replay of my car going through and she purposely stood in the center and used both hands and had both pinky fingers up like she was drinkng tea. She obviously knew about my prior complaining about her behavior when she closed my hood.

earntaz
03-17-2014, 11:17 PM
njsteve -- did ya' send her a dollar so she could buy a clue or did someone decide to &quot;enlighten&quot; her to her flawed practices ...