PDA

View Full Version : MCACN 2014 Color My World Special Display

bashton
02-03-2014, 09:13 PM
We have some really cool things in store for MCACN 2014, and it is time to get the word out on our special Invitational displays.

The concept of the <span style="font-style: italic">Color My World </span>gathering started as a Mopar display, but after talking to my AMC buddies, we decided that limiting to one brand would not be nearly as fun as opening things up a bit. And so...this will be a display devoted to the wild (and wildest) colors and color combinations that were available in the mid 60's and early 70's.

Already confirmed are a Curious Yellow/black billboard 440+6 '71 Cuda, an equally as bright Curious Yellow '71 GTX, Big Bad Orange, Big Bad Blue and Big Bad Green AMC's and what I think is one of the coolest 1969 Camaro's ever built; an RS/SS 427 COPO in Daytona Yellow with(get this) a Yellow Houndstooth interior.

Looking for the wildest of the wild, the coolest of the cool and the most unusual of any make.

Let's make this the most colorful MCACN display ever!

If you own or know of something that belongs in this display, please send photos, docs and info to me at [email protected]. All cars must be factory built, (real) and can be restored or original.

Thanks for the continued support!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Ryan1969Chevelle
02-04-2014, 01:33 AM
I think the special order colours are pretty cool.

I have heard of a few Plum Crazy GM cars, that would be cool.

Ryan

TimG
02-06-2014, 03:54 PM
Bob, I'm getting fired up already. This is a wonderful event, I can't stress enough to those that haven't attended how great it is.

Born30YrsLate
02-06-2014, 11:30 PM
Bob!...I think you could use a Black/Yellow COPO Camaro along side that Yellow/Yellow COPO Camaro.

bashton
02-07-2014, 09:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TimG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bob, I'm getting fired up already. This is a wonderful event, I can't stress enough to those that haven't attended how great it is. </div></div>

Thanks for the kind words, Tim. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

Now please tell each and every person you know from here on... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

bashton
02-07-2014, 09:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Born30YrsLate</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bob!...I think you could use a Black/Yellow COPO Camaro along side that Yellow/Yellow COPO Camaro. </div></div>

Indeed would be a cool contrast, especially with one being Day2 and the other factory stock!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

TimG
02-17-2014, 09:46 PM
Ok Bob, I like this idea. I think we should see if we can get the band &quot;Chicago&quot; to play at the show. I saw them last April here in Austin and they still have it. They sang &quot;Color my World&quot;.

PLATINUM6BBL
02-17-2014, 10:06 PM
My 69.5 LOH Road Runner will fit into so many - Class of 69, Pure Stock racer &amp; Color My World. Where would be best to fit it? My plans are to be there.

SmallHurst
02-18-2014, 02:29 AM
Lon, call me! 816-654-3400.

bashton
02-18-2014, 04:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PLATINUM6BBL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 69.5 LOH Road Runner will fit into so many - Class of 69, Pure Stock racer &amp; Color My World. Where would be best to fit it? My plans are to be there. </div></div>

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif Now that gets my heart pumpin!

I would <span style="font-style: italic">love </span>to have this one in our Class of '69 Invitational display.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

SmallHurst
02-19-2014, 01:14 AM
Step back BOB!!!! He's mine!!!!! (Just kidding, but I have known Lon for a while...... racing of course!!!)

PLATINUM6BBL
02-19-2014, 09:03 PM
I'd love to do it as a Pure Stocker but I won't know until the Wednesday before the race if my schedule will allow me to be at the Pure Stock race. If I sign up as a Class of 69 could I switch it later? I define better with the Pure Stock group as my Runner is an older resto that won't even come close to today's standards.

bashton
02-19-2014, 09:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PLATINUM6BBL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd love to do it as a Pure Stocker but I won't know until the Wednesday before the race if my schedule will allow me to be at the Pure Stock race. If I sign up as a Class of 69 could I switch it later? I define better with the Pure Stock group as my Runner is an older resto that won't even come close to today's standards. </div></div>

Since your car is suitable for either, we are proud to have you in whichever you prefer. I do need to know which in advance, as we do special signage and the displays are limited in quantity of cars due to our limited space and the need to submit our final floor plan to the building and the Rosemont fire marshall.

Can't wait to see this one in person! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

SmallHurst
02-19-2014, 11:25 PM
You will know in September, Bob! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif

PLATINUM6BBL
02-21-2014, 11:17 AM
When would load-in into the hall be? I want to reserve rooms now and if it's Thursday late afternoon then I'll leave early Thursday.

SmallHurst
02-22-2014, 07:38 PM
Thursday is good.

DW31S
02-22-2014, 09:41 PM
Sounds to me like a '70 Rallye 350 like the 2013 Giveaway would fit right in. Also, one of my all-time favorites is 1971 &quot;Lime Green&quot; (that is what Oldsmobile called it), would also be a hit in the &quot;Color My World&quot; grouping. And from the Blue Oval camp &quot;Grabber Blue&quot; might be a suggestion.

bashton
03-07-2014, 12:03 PM
We have confirmed some more truly outstanding cars for this display, but I have a few on my &quot;hit list&quot; that we hope to add to the mix;

These are confirmed, in addition to the others previously mentioned above;

1970 Hemi Superbird, 11,000 mile unrestored original in Limelight, aka Sublime
1970 AAR Cuda, being restored as we speak, In Violet with a white interior
1970 HEMI Challenger R/T, Plum Crazy with a white bumblebee stripe
1971 'Cuda convertible, Curious Yellow with black billboards

As expected, the Mopars are coming on strong, but this is an <span style="font-style: italic">all makes </span>display, so let's hear what you have;

My &quot;hit list&quot; of must have cars;

1969 GTO Judge in Carousel Red
1970 GTO in Orbit Orange
1970 Buick GSX in Saturn Yellow
1970 Boss 302's and Boss 429's in Grabber Blue/Green/Orange
1970 Cougar Eliminators in Competition colors

Of course, there are many more, but these I consider &quot;must haves&quot; for this display. If you own or know of any of these that are the best of the best, and would like to be a part of one of the coolest MCACN displays ever, please let me know. [email protected]

Other &quot;mod&quot; colors and unusual combinations considered, so let me know what you have.

Thanks;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

bashton
03-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Would also like to add a Rally Green Camaro in the mix, especially a '69 Yenko! Anyone...anyone....

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

bergy
03-12-2014, 06:27 PM
I could bring the RG Yenko, but you would have to find another plum crazy car.

bashton
03-12-2014, 06:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bergy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could bring the RG Yenko, but you would have to find another plum crazy car. </div></div>

You are awesome, Bruce! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

I am guessing that if we were to take a poll here, the answer would be... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif

Since it is harder to find a <span style="font-style: italic">real </span>Rally Green '69 Yenko Camaro, and we have another In Violet/Plum Crazy Mopar confirmed, I would like to take you up on that offer, IF you are cool with doing that.

Either way, you know we are truly honored to have you joining us again, whether you choose to show the Chally or the Yenko!

Whew...I love my job!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

bashton
03-27-2014, 04:01 PM
Looking for a few specific cars for this display;

GSX Stage 1 in Saturn Yellow
GTO Judge in Orbit Orange

GreenGo/Sassy Grass Mopar
Bahama Yellow/Butterscotch Mopar

And of course, others that are eye seering or just plain weird. We have already locked in some absolutely show stopping cars for this display, so let's really knock this one out of the park!

Thanks;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member