PDA

View Full Version : MCACN 2014 Invitational & Special Displays

bashton
02-07-2014, 04:24 PM
Here is the first Press Release announcing some of what we have in store for MCACN VI;

MCACN TEAM ANNOUNCES 2014 INVITATIONAL AND SPECIAL DISPLAYS

The Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals show is known nationwide for their Invitational and Special Feature displays. Each year, the best of the best and the rarest of the rare converge on the Chicagoland area the weekend before Thanksgiving to show the cars and share the stories of the highest horsepower creations to ever leave an American assembly line. Many of these cars are from private collections, rarely if ever shown to the general public.

For 2014, MCACN Managing Member Bob Ashton and his team are gearing up for the best show ever. A show for enthusiasts and run by enthusiasts, making history and creating new memories is what this show is all about.

2014 Invitational displays will include;

<span style="font-style: italic">Class of 1964, 50th Anniversary display;</span> featuring the birth of the Chrysler Hemi. This group will acknowledge and showcase cars from the model year 1964, a year that saw the introduction of many milestone cars and high performance drive-trains. Also featured is a very special group of R-code 427 Galaxy convertibles.

<span style="font-style: italic">Class of ’69, 45th Anniversary display</span>; To many the year 1969 is their favorite, with the 69.5 440+6 Mopars, the ZL1 and COPO 427 Camaros and Corvettes, the Boss 302 and 429’s and more. See the hottest offerings from the Big 3 in this one.

<span style="font-style: italic">Color My World; Featuring the outrageous colors of the late 60’s and early 70’s.</span> Who hasn’t stopped in their tracks when a Panther Pink, Hugger Orange or Grabber Green muscle car is spotted? Dodge and Plymouth may be the most recognized, with their wild colors and outrageous names, but all of the manufacturers jumped in on this short lived period.

<span style="font-style: italic">Buick GSX Invitational;</span> Buick was known as the gentleman’s muscle car, but in 1970 they broke out of their shell with the wild Saturn Yellow and Apollo White spoilered GSX. The standard 455 cubic inch engine and a long list of performance options established the GSX as a force to be reckoned with. The GSX would continue for ’71 and ’72, with a handful made in a wide variety of colors. Prime examples from 1970-72 will be featured.

<span style="font-style: italic">Ford Cobra Jet Invitational; Featuring the Cathouse, showcasing 428 Cobra Jet powered convertible Mercury Cougars.</span> You will see a variety of Ford and Mercury 428 Cobra Jet and Super Cobra Jet powered muscle machines.

<span style="font-style: italic">Plastic Fantastic;</span> In this special display, vintage drag cars will be featured, including Devins, Funny Cars and select Corvettes, all with real vintage history. No “clones” or “tributes” just the real thing!

<span style="font-style: italic">REAL Pace Cars, Presented by the Sloan Museum Auto Fair;</span> Of course, we all recognize Indianapolis 500 Pace Cars, but in this display the MCACN team kicks things up a notch, showcasing the actual cars that led the race, not just the dealer sold replicas. Not limited to Indy Pace Cars, you will see a variety of Official Pace Cars from various races.

<span style="font-style: italic">Chrysler 426 HEMI; a 50th Anniversary Salute;</span> No one can dispute the impact the 426 Hemi has had on our hobby. Introduced as a factory option from 1964-1971, you will see some of the finest and most unusual factory built 64-71 Hemi cars ever gathered under one roof.

SPECIAL DISPLAYS;

<span style="font-style: italic">Corvette Central Triple Diamond Corvette display and competition; </span>One of our finest features and a MCACN exclusive. The Triple Diamond display and competition is reserved for the finest original, and restored to original, Corvettes from 1953-1996. To qualify, contenders must have already achieved both NCRS Top Flight certification and Bloomington Gold status within the past five years.

<span style="font-style: italic">Vintage Certification &amp; Heritage Collection, Presented by American Performance, LLC;</span> Our Vintage Certification area is one of the fastest growing and most popular features of our show. Promoting Preservation instead of Restoration, our team of nationally acknowledged marque experts pore over select original unrestored muscle cars and Corvettes, chronicling build techniques and much more.

<span style="font-style: italic">Barn Finds &amp; Hidden Gems, </span>Hosted by the Automotive Archeologist, Ryan Brutt; Back by popular demand with a whole new group of unexpected cars that have been under the radar or hidden away. Over twenty rare muscle machines and drag cars that you may have forgotten about will be on display.

<span style="font-style: italic">Pontiac GTO 50th Anniversary Collection;</span> This special gathering will showcase one or two of each year of the highest performance GTO’s from 1964-1974.

<span style="font-style: italic">Ford Mustang 50th Anniversary Collection;</span> This special gathering will feature only the highest performance offerings of America’s original Pony Cars from the years 1964-1971. K-codes, Boss’s, Mach 1’s, Cobra Jet’s and SCJ’s will be featured.

<span style="font-style: italic">Chevrolet L89 Showcase;</span> Most of us know all about Chevy’s hot 396/375 horsepower L78, but did you know they also offered an aluminum head version? This very special gathering will feature only real highly documented examples of Chevrolet’s hottest 396 powered muscle machines and Corvettes.

<span style="font-style: italic">Vintage Police Cars;</span> In the interest of keeping things fun and interesting, this gathering will feature real Highway Patrol cars and other pursuit vehicles from the late 60’s and early 70’s. Many of the best factory muscle car parts started as Police Car parts, including many of the big block drive-trains. See why these cars were able to keep up with the muscle cars of the era.

<span style="font-style: italic">Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race display;</span> Proving that you can have a show worthy muscle machine and still use it for its original intended purpose, the PSMCDR gang returns with a new crop of muscle machines. You won’t believe the quality of these cars that are routinely raced!

<span style="font-style: italic">Muscle Bikes and More;</span> This will be our third year for this “show within a show” featuring the drag race inspired bicycles. You will see Schwinn Stingrays and Krates along with Raleigh Choppers, Ross Barracuda’s and Apollo’s and many others. This is where it all started for many of us!

<span style="font-style: italic">The Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals takes place annually the weekend before Thanksgiving. Over 500 of the rarest Muscle Cars and Corvettes will converge on the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, (suburban Chicago) Illinois, filling nearly 400,000 square feet of all indoor exhibit space, November 22-23, 2014. Title Sponsor; The Mecum Auction Company, Presenting Sponsor; Bill Stasek Chevrolet. For more information, see www.mcacn.com (http://www.mcacn.com) or call 586-549-5291.</span>

THANKS for the continued support. If you have a suitable candidate for any of these displays or are interested in showing your car or being a vendor, please let me know; [email protected] Applications are now being accepted through our website; www.mcacn.com (http://www.mcacn.com)

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

PLATINUM6BBL
04-03-2014, 02:04 AM
Here's one for the GTO display. Car is local to me if he still has it - http://www.highperformancepontiac.com/features/hppp_0604_1972_pontiac_gto/
Terry was our company / personal attorney before he retired.

bashton
04-03-2014, 02:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PLATINUM6BBL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's one for the GTO display. Car is local to me if he still has it - http://www.highperformancepontiac.com/features/hppp_0604_1972_pontiac_gto/
Terry was our company / personal attorney before he retired. </div></div>

Thanks Platinum6bbl, and hoping YOU will be joining us!

Awesome car and story. Would love to extend the invite to them, so if you have contact info, would much appreciate.

Coincidentally, we have a '71 455 H/O confirmed for this display that is also black, but not a post body.

Thanks;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

PLATINUM6BBL
04-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Have put the invite out for him to a friend of mine who sees him more often than I do.
As for me, yeah I need to get my registration in.

PLATINUM6BBL
04-07-2014, 09:27 PM
How about a modified 67 GTO? Brad Mahle is a friend of mine and his GTO has been winning multiple Best of Shows.

bashton
04-09-2014, 12:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PLATINUM6BBL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about a modified 67 GTO? Brad Mahle is a friend of mine and his GTO has been winning multiple Best of Shows. </div></div>

Although we would certainly welcome a high quality modified '67 GTO at the MCACN show, this display is for the rarest or most unusual examples of factory stock GTO's.

Thanks!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

PLATINUM6BBL
05-12-2014, 08:25 PM
I have contacted Rusty about joining in with the Pure Stock group. I am really hoping I can be there. I need a vacation...............

bashton
05-18-2014, 01:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PLATINUM6BBL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have contacted Rusty about joining in with the Pure Stock group. I am really hoping I can be there. I need a vacation............... </div></div>

Works for me! Please register asap, and send some pics,

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

1969l78
10-27-2014, 10:20 PM
Have the magazines for this great event been sent out yet? I was just wondering.

68l30
10-28-2014, 01:46 AM
Got mine today!!!

BIG

SS427
10-28-2014, 01:04 PM
Got mine yesterday.

mrays
10-28-2014, 02:26 PM
I recieved mine yesterday too! I already read most of it. I can't wait! It looks like it will be another great show.

1969l78
10-28-2014, 09:33 PM
I got mine today!

PLATINUM6BBL
10-28-2014, 10:05 PM
Snail mail for me. Hope the pony is ok.

Woj
10-29-2014, 12:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 68l30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got mine today!!!

BIG </div></div>

Same here. Nice magazine. Good preview of the show.

Phil Woj.

68l30
10-29-2014, 01:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Woj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 68l30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got mine today!!!

BIG </div></div>

Same here. Nice magazine. Good preview of the show.

Phil Woj. </div></div>

Can't wait!!

BTW...Nice shots of the Chevelle!! I made it in there too...kind of a where's Waldo though.. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

BIG

bergy
10-29-2014, 10:17 PM
Needed a picture of the &quot;Statutory Grape&quot; Challenger! :-(

Mr70
10-29-2014, 10:23 PM

bashton
10-30-2014, 02:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1969l78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have the magazines for this great event been sent out yet? I was just wondering. </div></div>

Yes...mailing has been done!

let me know your thoughts.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

SS427
10-30-2014, 03:31 PM
Looks great and very informative as always.

Xplantdad
10-30-2014, 08:51 PM
I don't have mine yet...and I re-registered on the website <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif

Verne_Frantz
10-30-2014, 09:17 PM
I haven't received mine yet either and I registered as soon as I read Bob's notice.

Verne <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif

bashton
10-31-2014, 01:27 AM
Over 25,000 issues have been mailed out to each and every person on our mailing list. We never delete anyone, unless they ask to be removed, so if you signed up or have been a participant in our show at any time since 2009, you should have yours. Unless, of course, you live in Canada, in which case we <span style="font-style: italic">hope </span>you get it before the show!

If not...ask your mailman to please cough it up when he is done with it! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Xplantdad
10-31-2014, 02:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Over 25,000 issues have been mailed out to each and every person on our mailing list. We never delete anyone, unless they ask to be removed, so if you signed up or have been a participant in our show at any time since 2009, you should have yours. Unless, of course, you live in Canada, in which case we <span style="font-style: italic">hope </span>you get it before the show!

If not...ask your mailman to please cough it up when he is done with it! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member </div></div>

Mine came in the mail today! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif

Rixls6
10-31-2014, 06:24 AM
Got mine yesterday Oct. 30

Postsedan
10-31-2014, 12:31 PM
Great Ink <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif

Dan

Shevelle
10-31-2014, 11:12 PM
Got mine today. I especially liked the examples shown on the Vintage Certification pages... http://www.cantweight.net/files/Smiles/thumbup.gif

Looks to be a great show, can't wait!!

Postsedan
10-31-2014, 11:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shevelle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got mine today. I especially liked the examples shown on the Vintage Certification pages... http://www.cantweight.net/files/Smiles/thumbup.gif

Looks to be a great show, can't wait!! </div></div>

Ha - But of course <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif

Jacquie - Will you be attending?

Dan

Shevelle
11-01-2014, 03:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Dan </div></div>

We will be there, Dan, parked in the VC area. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

Postsedan
11-01-2014, 04:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shevelle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Dan </div></div>

</div></div>

Awesome - looking forward to seeing you and Glenn <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Dan

Xplantdad
11-01-2014, 06:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shevelle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Dan </div></div>

</div></div>

Cool! We'll see you there!!

Shevelle
11-01-2014, 06:50 PM
We are looking forward to seeing all y'all! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif