PDA

View Full Version : Hurst linkage to Factory reverse lock

pcf_mark
04-02-2014, 04:57 PM
I am working on a 69 Chevelle with a Hurst shifter and tilt-tele column. There are no provisions for the linkage that goes to the column for reverse lights / reverse lock from the Hurst linkage. Has anyone modified a link arm to have the extra hole? Looks easy enough but wanted to get any photos or opinions. I want the back up lights and reverse lock to work properly.

Thank you.

Lynn
04-02-2014, 06:40 PM
Are you saying the column does not have a lever, or your reverse arm (on the trans) does not have a second hole?

I think you need the longer reverse arm to get the extra hole. You could always fab one if someone has a good pic.

Some of those shifter arms are hardened, and you cannot drill with an ordinary drill. I drilled one once by heating cherry red, then hitting it with the drill immediately.

At least you didn't call it "reverse lock out". That's one of my pet peeves. You are not locking out reverse. You just have to put it in reverse before turning the ignition all the way off to the lock position.

Alss
04-02-2014, 09:31 PM
My hurst kit had the extra hole, both my COPO and my 300 run stock backdrives and hurst shifters.

SS427
04-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Here is a Hurst set up with lockout mounted on a 1970 Chevelle with an M21. Same set up if this helps.

pcf_mark
04-04-2014, 07:33 PM
Yes that is what I need. Now to find one! The one I have has only one hole and is really short.

pcf_mark
04-15-2014, 09:10 PM
I wanted to follow up and let you guys know I took the end of the factory linkage and welded it to the Hurst linkage and everyhtng works now. Took some adjusting but now all is good.