PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully picking these up today!

twertsy
09-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Found these yesterday in a back yard. Headed out now to negotiate! http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/09/full-13224-15448-boss1.jpg
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/09/full-13224-15449-boss2.jpg
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/09/full-13224-15450-mach1cj.jpg
Last pic is a '69 SCJ Mach 1 parked next to the Boss.

Dave Rifkin
09-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Great finds; good luck, I hope you can save both of them.

Mr70
09-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Take & post more pictures too.

twertsy
09-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Those pics were from yesterday, when no one was home. Today, he wouldn't allow any pics. I brought a Boss owner (who also has one of the SCJ Pace Cars) to look at it and verify for me. It is quite a lot nicer than the pics show. Very low mile, completely original car. The driver's quarter has been repainted but the stripes/decals are all original so I think it must have been dinged in the quarter. Only real rough spot is above the windwhield but that's really not too bad, just cracked/separated paint. Underside of the car was very clean, despite it's history. Been under that canopy for 14 years, out in the elements for 8 before that and not sure prior. He bought it in 74 and has had it ever since. It's sat undriven for the vast majority of his ownership. Numbers all matched and although he refused to start it, he said he had it running a couple months ago but it was "ticking." I don't really believe that because there was absolutely nothing disturbed in the dust on the hood/door at all. Says he's going to restore it as soon as he's done with the "Honda in his buddy's garage." 40 cash wouldn't buy it and he says nothing will. The '69 turned out to be an M code. It was quite unbelievable how good of shape the car was in given his history on "storing" it. I offered him a spot in my warehouse to keep it out of the elements if his "plan" falls apart with his buddy's garage. Oh well, another one left to rot I fear......

COPO
09-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Perhaps if the guy actually saw $40K in cash all those Benjamins could change his mind? It's one thing to make a verbal offer, but another one when the owner is staring at stacks of bills. From the photos, looks like the guy could use some cash. Its a shame they will probably be sitting there until the guy is dead or has a severe medical issue and is forced to sell.

Tracker1
09-05-2014, 07:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COPO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps if the guy actually saw $40K in cash all those Benjamins could change his mind? It's one thing to make a verbal offer, but another one when the owner is staring at stacks of bills. From the photos, looks like the guy could use some cash. Its a shame they will probably be sitting there until the guy is dead or has a severe medical issue and is forced to sell. </div></div>

works for me 8 times outta 10 - it's not real until you bring the cash.

twertsy
09-08-2014, 09:39 AM
Had cash, asked to &quot;put it away, it's not for sale.&quot;

Supergas990
10-15-2014, 08:27 PM
Some people are just unbelievable.

Blair

sixt9rsx33
10-27-2014, 02:42 AM
That sucks. I would keep on the guy. A &quot;NO&quot; is an eventual YES! I agree with COPO that looks like the guy could use a little cash.

twertsy
10-27-2014, 12:23 PM
I will continue to stop by when down that way. Never know.

Mr. Chevy
02-03-2015, 06:48 AM
I get so sick and tired of these people that have these types of cars stashed away and they all say they are &quot;gonna restore them someday&quot;. I have heard that a million times.. Usually it's all <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/bs.gif I don't know why they hang on to these cars like it's their life line. Let it go already especially for some nice $$$$ and to someone who will take care or restore these cars instead of letting them sit and rot away until they &quot;get around to restoring them&quot;.

Rich

GTO_DON
02-06-2015, 04:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Supergas990</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some people are just unbelievable.

Blair </div></div>Why do you say that? Maybe the car means more to him than 40k? Some people have a real attachment to their car. Now that I'm older and wiser I u understand why some people don't sell. In some strange ways you think your life is over when you sell something you've had most of your life.

earntaz
02-06-2015, 12:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COPO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps if the guy actually saw $40K in cash all those Benjamins could change his mind? It's one thing to make a verbal offer, but another one when the owner is staring at stacks of bills. From the photos, looks like the guy could use some cash. Its a shame they will probably be sitting there until the guy is dead or has a severe medical issue and is forced to sell. </div></div>

Better yet -- show the stack of bills to his wife ... SOLD!!!

starrider
02-07-2015, 07:08 PM
I think I have heard &quot; I wish I had never sold that car &quot; even more :-)

Supergas990
02-11-2015, 04:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GTO_DON</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Supergas990</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some people are just unbelievable.

Blair </div></div>Why do you say that? Maybe the car means more to him than 40k? Some people have a real attachment to their car. Now that I'm older and wiser I u understand why some people don't sell. In some strange ways you think your life is over when you sell something you've had most of your life. </div></div>

It seems fairly apparent that these cars have no real future with the current owner. He entitled to his own rationale and to keep the cars rotting away in his yard, I just don't understand it.

When I have something I'm not going to use I pedal it, especially if there's someone that wants it and would appreciate it.

I can only relate the owner's response to my attitude, and they're quite different. That's why.

Blair

Fast67VelleN2O
02-12-2015, 05:18 PM
I honestly think people don't understand what it takes to &quot;fix it up some day&quot; when the car has significant rust issues. To some, they like the attention it brings them with people knocking on the door. To others, it reminds them of the good times of their youth. Either way, at some point, they will need the money or realize they don't have the time or money to fix em. That's why you go back twice a year.

iluv69s
02-20-2015, 01:41 PM
was thinking about this... one time I got an original owner 67 RS SS after atleast 6 years of knocking every 3 months.. I became friends with the older couple. One day they called me and asked if I wanted to buy it for my original offer of 1000 bucks. I raced there with the cash and a trailer and bought the car. I asked why they finally decided to sell and the woman told me that the guy who paved her driveway asked if it was for sale and offered her 800 bucks. So she figured she better sell it to me right away as I must have made a real good offer.

So the point is, Id send someone there with cash and offer them 30k... atleast if they do decide to sell someday soon, they may call you first thinking you were fair with your offer !! Ya never know??

Goood luck !!

DW31S
02-22-2015, 02:08 PM
I agree with the idea of showing cash to back up any offer....cash is King and it makes people change their minds and react differently . I don't agree with sending another &quot;potential buyer&quot; with cash in hand at a lower offer. Don't know about you, but I couldn't live with myself for doing something like that. Honesty is, always has, and always will be my only policy. If the man upstairs wants you to have it, you'll get it.....