PDA

View Full Version : Announcing Special Guests at MCAN 2014

bashton
09-29-2014, 03:47 PM
As I often say, the cars are what bring us together, but it is the <span style="font-style: italic">people</span> that really make the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals show what it is.

Over the years, we have played host to some true icons of our hobby, and again in 2014, we continue this tradition. No wrestlers or other non car related people, just real-deal people that share our passion!
(of course, this list is in addition to Charley Lillard! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/CharleySucks.gif )

<span style="font-weight: bold">Jim Wangers; the Godfather of the GTO;</span> Joining us to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the GTO, Jim will be sitting right in front of Tenney Fairchild's Car and Driver 1964 GTO, and will be surrounded by some of the finest 1964-1974 GTO's ever gathered under one roof. Sponsored by Ride On Appraisals.

<span style="font-weight: bold">The Golden Commando's Race Team;</span> This will be fun! Members of the original Golden Commando's Race Team will be joining us in our Hemi 50th Anniversary display, Sponsored by Magnum Auto Restoration. We are finalizing details now, so stay tuned for a list of attendees.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Norwood Retiree Ambassadors; </span> This will be another fun one! Meet some of the folks that were directly involved with some of our favorite Muscle Cars. Meet employees and members of management who will share stories and tell you how it really was back in the day. Special thanks go out to Phil Borris for coordinating this.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Dennis Pittsenbarger;</span> Dennis has served as our Official EmCee for several years now and we are honored to have him joining us again this year. Hopefully you have seen Dennis' brand new show on The Discovery Channel, Highway To Sell.<span style="font-style: italic"> If you haven't, check it out on Monday nights,</span> and meet Dennis at the show, if you haven't already!

We will be announcing others soon, and don't forget, Charley will also be available for autograph's. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Dicky
09-29-2014, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the update Bob, <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif

Do you think Charley will be charging
a FEE for an autograph!!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/CharleySucks.gif

ps. where will he be on display at? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif

Dicky <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif

Charley Lillard
09-30-2014, 12:31 PM
You guys suck.

bashton
10-01-2014, 01:16 AM
Pleased to announce Mark Stielow has accepted our invitation to join us, direct from SEMA with his latest creation; Hellfire!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

bashton
10-07-2014, 02:38 PM
And let's not forget the music!

Saturday; Redline 7000 featuring John Kraman of Mecum Auction fame. Nothing better than car guys that know how to rock! Pure clean fun.

Sunday; Chicago bluesmaster Marty &quot;Big Dog&quot; Mercer. I guarantee, you will be blown away by Marty and his band, kicking off at 2:00 before the awards presentation.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

bashton
10-14-2014, 02:00 PM
Unfortunately, Mark will not be able to join us. If you are heading to SEMA, make sure you catch up with him there!

Bashton

MCACN Managing Member

70 copo
10-15-2014, 02:20 AM
I wanted to take a moment to introduce the Norwood Assembly Ambassadors to everyone... The experience of meeting these guys is an encounter with the &quot;living past&quot;.

Unlike &quot;history&quot; (which is a matter of record after the passing of individuals who lived it)- we still have the chance to interact with people who can provide a unique and specific perspective on what it was like to operate a primary GM Assembly facility. Be sure to stop by and say Hi, and take them over to see your car. They will likely point things out that will surprise you and in most cases they will provide an interesting back story to the build too.

bashton
10-17-2014, 02:24 AM
And for the Ford fans out there...I am pleased to announce <span style="font-style: italic">Ohio George Montgomery</span> will be joining us!

Ohio George is a true Drag Racing Legend, and he will be sitting right by his 1969 Boss 429 Mustang Drag Racer that has been restored to perfection, along with a whole group of truly outstanding Boss 9's from 1969 and 1970. Looks like we will also have at least one of each of the available colors on display.

Special Thanks go out to Bob Perkins for making this happen, along with assistance from Shelby aficionado's and MCACN Judges Jim Cunningham and Rick Campbell, and of course all of the owners that will be joining us. More MCACN history in the making!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Dicky
10-17-2014, 04:13 PM
Damn.... it just <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 11pt">SUCKS </span></span>that I'm going to
miss this year's production. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif

Great effort always goes into this by all SYC guys and gals. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/youguysrock.gif

Thanks to Bob A. and all others!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif

It is always <span style="color: #FF0000">GREAT</span> and always more than just a <span style="color: #FF0000">CAR SHOW.</span>

Dicky <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif

bashton
10-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Drumroll please....

Let's add Drag Racing Legend Ohio George Montgomery to the list of MCACN celebrities for 2014! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif

Ohio George will be sitting right beside the wild Twin Turbo Gasser Boss 429! Only at MCACN...

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

bashton
11-10-2014, 09:52 AM
I am pleased to announce that Mrs. Joyce Shinoda, (Larry Shinoda's wife) will be joining us, along with the<span style="font-style: italic"> fully restored</span> 1969 Shinoda Boss 302 Mustang that was Mr. Shinoda's personal car, previously shown at MCACN fresh from the barn.

Yet another reason to join us November 22-23! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

70 copo
11-10-2014, 11:58 PM
Sadly I have to report that Jim Seim has had some emergent health issues that will prevent him from joining us in person as a Norwood Ambassador,

Jim will still be part of the Video Documentary portion of the display, and obviously I would like to extend my sincerest wishes for a full recovery and restoration to full health for Mr. Seim.

Replacing Jim will be <span style="font-weight: bold">Harold Worley</span>. Harold is and was a true car guy on and off the job at GM.

Everybody meet new guy Harold. The rest of the Ambassadors are looking very forward to meeting all of you next week. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

I am listing Pete here again to make up for a typo that He pointed out!

70 copo
11-11-2014, 12:04 AM
Oh by the way you guys with Sheet metal date/code questions Pete Noll is your man! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

bashton
11-14-2014, 02:56 PM
I am pleased to announce Nancy Gibb will be joining us to help pull the cover off of the 1968 Gibb/Harrell COPO Nova that is being unveiled, joining us from the Supercar Workshop crew in Latrobe, PA and shown by Rick Thayer.

Be sure to stop by and see Nancy, and let's share some Helen stories, as we all certainly miss her and her famous hugs.

This one is scheduled for 12:15 Saturday!

And of course, the MCACN team will again be presenting a <span style="font-style: italic">very special award</span> in honor of Helen Gibb.

Just keeps getting better and better and better!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

bkhpah
11-14-2014, 09:37 PM
We are very happy that Nancy will be joining us at MCACN. She will be bringing her old photo albums to share during Saturday..BKH