PDA

View Full Version : Requesting your help at MCACN "Hygiene Help"

kburkett
11-19-2014, 12:54 AM
I am Kevin Burkett I am the vendor at the top of the ramps with the big display of vintage magazines and ads etc. This year with Bob's permission there will be a collection box for extra hotel toiletries at the registration table and in our booth. You may have seen this mentioned on the MCACN email over the weekend. My oldest daughter is in her first year of teaching special education. Her high school uses the items for students in need. Thanks in advance.

Ryan1969Chevelle
11-19-2014, 01:44 AM
Well done!!

bashton
11-19-2014, 12:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kburkett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am Kevin Burkett I am the vendor at the top of the ramps with the big display of vintage magazines and ads etc. This year with Bob's permission there will be a collection box for extra hotel toiletries at the registration table and in our booth. You may have seen this mentioned on the MCACN email over the weekend. My oldest daughter is in her first year of teaching special education. Her high school uses the items for students in need. Thanks in advance. </div></div>

Indeed...this gets the <span style="font-style: italic">full endorsement</span> from the MCACN team. Let's help a young lady who is taking the time to do something to help people less fortunate than us, so let's get on board! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Woj
11-20-2014, 02:35 AM
My wife and I travel for a living. We have been donating our extra soaps and toletries to a battered women's shelter for years. We'll bring what we have now for this collection. More than happy to help.

Nice to see folks helping each other like this.

Phil Woj. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

John
11-20-2014, 11:08 AM
.... Now that is a great example to set. Great idea <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

.... Best of luck <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/youguysrock.gif

kburkett
11-24-2014, 02:00 AM
We ended up with a shopping bag and box full of items. Both our daughters will be using these items for projects for high school student and shelter projects. Thanks for the help. Hope to do it again next year

kburkett
02-11-2015, 12:16 AM
Just to follow up on the items that were collected. Our oldest daughter who is a teacher has made the collected items available to her students. Our youngest daughter added locally donated toothbrushes and toothpaste and made over 100 personal hygiene kits to donate to the local women's shelter. Thanks for the donations and we plan to do it again next year.