PDA

View Full Version : Clint Vickers 68z28kk

marxjunk
12-15-2014, 10:49 PM
well..with heavy heart i hate to say Clint passed away last night Dec 14 at 9:30 pm.....in the arms of his family..his daughter said it was sad but a beautiful thing...

He was a great friend...my swap meet buddy...and i will miss him.

He had a light stroke, went thru rehab and before they could release him he developed problems. They released him to go home with no sound treatment.

I saw him on saturday and he recognized me and we sat for a bit...his green eyes still had that sparkle..

HE LOVED THIS SITE..its all he talked about...he was here as much as he could be...and would research and study like a mad man.

He had some people her he admired and they probably have no idea who he was

He really liked 427king...he was always amazed by the stuff he had

Really liked Bergy...thought he was a great guy..they talked on the phone a bit

he really enjoyed watching SuperNovaSS and his auctions we talked about him often

He liked Galveston

He talked about Charley Lillard a bunch too...

there are others but these names came up all the time..

he didnt have any super cars but he had some cool stuff Like

his MINT 68 Z28..real deal

A beautiful 69 SS396 Camaro coupe..low mile original..4 speed..red

2 alum head tri power corvette roadsters

An L78 68 Camaro SS convert, he bought from a well known collector that frequents this board

an L78 El Camino

a mint 67 SS350 camaro convert

and what he believed was a Dana Camaro...he ran into dead end after dead end but he was still researching...never confirmed it..but really believed it.

A Henry J he raced in 69...it was a hillborn injected small block...straight axle, 12 spoke Magnesium Americans that where spindle mount..and on and on....life came along and he sold the car..only to buy it back later in life...he had his mind on restoring the car...this summer i know he made 4 trips to buy parts and dragged a set of fenders around a swap meet here till he could barely walk..he was so excited..he had it in his mind he had to have them...and of course parked a mile away..at 70 he was still very healthy..i was always amused how excited he would get buying stuff...he was like a big kid at CHristmas..i mean excited and happy, sometimes he'd jump around on his tippy-toes he was so excited..

His family is hanging on to his cars because they where so special and important to him..he was a Chevy guy for sure and loved the chase and game of cars and parts...

He was a genuine..happy..down to earth guy that never really bragged about anything he had...real salt of the earth guy

I miss him already..

68l30
12-15-2014, 11:22 PM
My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

BIG

leach
12-16-2014, 12:08 AM
My prayers to his family and friends GOD Bless <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif

Astock
12-16-2014, 01:53 AM
Clint sounded like a great guy...rest in peace.

Xplantdad
12-16-2014, 02:04 AM
Oh my...so sorry to hear. We lost another one of the good guys. Mark, let his family know that we'll be saying prayers for them...

PxTx
12-16-2014, 02:44 AM
Sucks loosing buddies. I will have you all in my prayers.

x77-69z28
12-16-2014, 02:49 AM
RIP. Condolences to his family. My prayers are with them. How old was Clint?

scuncio
12-16-2014, 03:04 AM
That is just horrible. RIP and Godspeed.

marxjunk
12-16-2014, 03:23 AM
He Just turned 70..as bad as it sounds, Clint lived a great life..he told me he was proud of his children..they turned out better than he could have ever hoped...he got to do just about everything he wanted to do, and had more than he needed...he died at home with his family there, and was in no pain...he didnt linger on and on..he was gone in 2 weeks...

Charley Lillard
12-16-2014, 01:36 PM
I'm very sorry to hear of his passing but I'm really glad he got enjoyment out of this site. Hearing how much he enjoyed it here makes all the stuff I have to deal with worthwhile so thanks again for posting and may he rest in peace. It seems more of us are passing lately and I guess that is partly because the site has been going long enough that we are getting old together. Enjoy life while you can everybody.

SS427
12-16-2014, 03:45 PM
Very sorry to hear of his passing. We are losing some good people. Prayers to all his family and friends.
Rick and Annie

PeteLeathersac
12-16-2014, 04:05 PM
Sorry to hear another of the good guys has passed.
Prayers and condolences to Clint's family and friends.

~ Pete

L72COPO
12-16-2014, 06:57 PM
So sorry for the family and friends of Clint. May he rest in peace.

bergy
12-16-2014, 08:37 PM
Stinks to lose a good car guy &amp; especially one who was so much a part of the yenko.net family. Prayers to Clint's family &amp; friends - asking God to heal the hole in their hearts. He was blessed to have a friend like you Mark.

SuperNovaSS
12-16-2014, 09:00 PM
Wow, this is a shame. Very sorry to hear the news and thanks for letting us know Mark. Rest in peace Clint.

Jason

galveston
12-17-2014, 12:56 AM
So sad to hear this, I bought a lot of great parts from Clint.
Prayers and condolences to his family and friends.

John
12-20-2014, 06:41 PM
..... Mark, Sorry to hear of Clint's passing. I am glad you let us know how he enjoyed this website and

the people that he had conversed with thru this site. He sounds like a true fiend that also enjoyed the

searches with you. He will be with with you now more then ever. Sharing the memories of him with others

will keep him alive in your heart. May he Rest in Peace.

marxjunk
12-16-2015, 03:45 AM
Well..its been a year...and i still think about Clint daily...i'm not sad anymore..now i am remembering the good times...

for a while i was mad..i started seeing his cars for sale locally, and his Camaros went to a hustler...and it hurt and made me mad..

its almost like his life is being erased...i dunno...i hate it that everything he loved is just being sold off as &quot;stuff&quot;...are we all destined for that?

Anyway...i remember him..and miss him greatly...and i appreciate the support from members here...i am not letting him fade away...id do about anything humanly possible to see him smile or laff over a stupid little car part again...

scuncio
12-16-2015, 11:30 PM
You're a good guy Mark. I'm sure Clint would be happy to hear you reflect on your friendship. I also wonder what will happen to my stuff when I'm gone...I thought Clint's family was keeping his cars?

marxjunk
12-17-2015, 02:02 PM
i know...its so sad..its all for sale...he had multiple properties and i guess they are just worth so much it isnt practicle to store cars..i really dont know what happened..the family is well off..maybe looking at them hurts i dont know

i just know the hounds are at the door and they are breaking up his life time collection..soon there will be no proof he even had a hot rod

I found out he had the 69 since 72 and close on the time line for the 68Z..they are nice cars..

i miss him..and loosing him changed me...thats for sure..it was like loosing your buddy....you grandpa, a cool uncle and maybe your dad in one swipe...he was good to me and had lots of free advice and shared much wisdom...

im trying to decide if i need to sell a bunch of cars as i age or what....if my family doesnt appreciate them..maybe i should i dont know..

maybe its selfish to leave them to the family if they dont really care..i know, none of my nephews or sisters could even care..theyd sell them and get stupid with the money

if i had a few x-boxes there would probably be a fight over them..lol

marxjunk
12-03-2016, 01:54 AM
Well...its been another year nearly..i miss Clint every day...

his stuff was auctioned off this summer and what a zoo..hes pretty much gone except for memories...people are still talking about the 3 ring circus..lol..

I couldnt go to the auction..i just couldnt, and there was stuff that was sentimental to me, i wanted...just trinkets..nothing valuable..but..i couldnt face it..but,id rather remember him laffing and happy, i dont need things to remind me of how good a man he was..I only wish i knew him earlier in life..

Before he passed, he rebuilt a muncie for me, and this fall, I put it in my beater Cutlass, and this coming summer, I will be cruising with the top down and rowing gears with a little piece of his memory with me every time i bang a gear...

reflecting back...I hope he knew how much i cared for him, i hope i was good to him, and he really knew how much he impacted my life..

ZAPPER68
12-05-2016, 01:46 PM
It sounds like your friend Clint was 'special'. Bringing this thread back to the top annually clearly shows how you guys were connected. AS Charlie said...live life to the fullest every day.

Xplantdad
12-05-2016, 06:58 PM
Mark, It's good you guys were close friends. A lot of people cannot say that. Rejoice in the fact that the time you did have together was so enjoyable!

marxjunk
12-17-2017, 10:07 PM
I still think of Clint almost everyday...another year has passed...i always catch myself saying "damn, I miss Clint"...

wheelhop
12-17-2017, 10:25 PM
Just read this thread for the first time. Clint sounds like a guy I would have liked very much to have known. He is alive in you Mark and all his friends and relatives who knew and loved him.

cook_dw
12-18-2017, 01:25 AM
My apologies for not seeing this sooner.. Hate to hear this and it sounds like you guys were good friends. Never easy and prayers go out to you, all his family and close friends.

Xplantdad
12-18-2017, 02:36 AM
Mark...as was said above, you are a good guy-and Clint was one in a million. Treasure the time that you had together-and utilize his words of wisdom :)

marxjunk
12-18-2017, 09:11 PM
thanks guys..

rip1166
12-26-2017, 03:58 AM
Know this is an old thread and miss Clint tremendously since considered him my best friend and hard to believe he has been gone over 3 years. He bought the 69 big block car if I remember right about 1996 or 1997 not 72 from Paul at Muncie Auto Salvage but was a 38k original mile car with actual warranty CE block replaced in that car with all other original engine components which originated in California and had a nasty Burgundy Imron paint job but no rust. Was taken in on a tow and not a junk car. He restored it back to new in the original color Garnet Red with lacquer. The 1968 RS Z28 was also bought out of salvage and believe it was around 1992 and unlike the big block car was there as salvage but a one owner local car which he tracked everything down to even original owner. He restored it back to new in it's original Tripoli Turquoise color. Never finished it completely because didn't want grandkids to drive it. I own both the 1968 RS/SS L78 Camaro convertible and 1968 SS 396 Camaro coupe believed to be a Dana. Almost done with the L78 and in home stretch on rotisserie restoration on the one he believed to be a Dana. I have pictures of pretty much all of his cars and will need to resize pictures to fit so I can upload them here and will try to tonight.

rip1166
12-26-2017, 05:18 AM
Here are the pictures of cars in order below. Maybe this will help Clint and his passion and collection of cars not be forgotten. Was hard to get good pictures of 69 BB and 68 Z in carriage house. This isn't all of his cars but some great ones. He also had an amazing collection of NOS and original parts along with ton of automotive memorabilia.

1969 SS 396 4-speed Garnet Red with red interior
1968 RS Z28 Tripoli Turquoise
1968 L89 4-speed Corvette convertible black with rare blue interior
1968 RS/SS L78 396/375 4-speed Camaro convertible shown with pictures before and after
1968 SS 396 4-speed Camaro coupe he believed to be a Dana shown before and on rotisserie now in restoration. Also XF wheels painted to match.

marxjunk
12-26-2017, 03:02 PM
he was so excited about that "Dana" car..so excited...hell he made me excited every time he told me about it...

i always thought that rag top was so special

i was told a diff story about the red car, good to know its real history...we really never really talked about his cars much...except that "Dana"....jeez he was hooked on that thing..

nearly 10,000 people have viewed this thread...his story lives on..

The Boss
12-26-2017, 07:42 PM
Just read this thread for the first time. Clint sounds like a guy I would have liked very much to have known. He is alive in you Mark and all his friends and relatives who knew and loved him.

I did too & agree that I would have liked to have met Clint.

I haven't met but know Mark - he's what my Mom would have referred to as "One of the good ones!"

Sorry this has been so painful Mark, hard to let go sometimes.