PDA

View Full Version : MCACN 2015; So, who would like to see....

bashton
02-01-2015, 02:17 PM
In our ongoing quest to keep things fresh, unpredictable and just plain cool, let me run a couple idea's past you for MCACN VII, November 21-22.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Muscle TRUCKS;</span></span> Yes...there were some trucks in the late 60's and throughout the 70's with a definite High Performance twist. We have played host to some really cool examples since our inception, and several of our regular supporters have some pretty awesome performance trucks. Think Stroppe Bronco, LS6 and L89 El Camino's, a variety of special edition Dodges and so many more. Ever heard of a Rod Hall Power Wagon?

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">POST-Master; </span> </span>Think about all of the <span style="font-style: italic">entry level</span> post body sedans that were offered over the years by nearly all of the manufacturers. Of course, we have several members here that can tell you all about them! (cough-cough; Ryan Weaver and Dan Vasic). How about an <span style="font-style: italic">all makes</span> Showcase Display featuring these budget brawlers?

That is just a couple that we have been bouncing around. If you have a suitable vehicle for either of these, please let me know! [email protected]

And as always...let us know what YOU would like to see at MCACN VII!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Verne_Frantz
02-01-2015, 03:07 PM
Bob,

How about the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">5</span></span> '09s? A collection of the five years of 409 production 1961-1965. It would be great to see an example of each horsepower rating.

Verne <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif

SS427
02-01-2015, 03:16 PM
I second Verne's suggestion. I would love to see these 5 years all together.

sixtiesmuscle
02-01-2015, 05:28 PM
We would LOVE to have that concept come to life this Fall. It's great that Verne &amp; Rick have volunteered to round up prime examples of those five 409s. The bookends of the first &amp; last of the great W motor cars will be great, especially since the '65 will be a compliment to the 50th Anniversary of the Class of '65. Let me/us know how we can help. Mike

Ryan1969Chevelle
02-01-2015, 05:49 PM
Post-Master

I like the sound of that, I would love to gather a stock (restored or survivor) Post Car and an As Raced drag car from each manufacturer!!

I have lots of ideas!!!

Ryan

Verne_Frantz
02-01-2015, 06:03 PM
Hey Rick - Did you know that we <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">&quot;Volunteered&quot;?</span></span>

Verne <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif

Xplantdad
02-01-2015, 06:17 PM
What about a section devoted to Canadian muscle?

SS427
02-01-2015, 07:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Verne_Frantz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Rick - Did you know that we <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">&quot;Volunteered&quot;?</span></span>

Verne <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif </div></div>

Mike is good at that. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif Sorry but I am already volunteering on the LS6 Invitation so I would be of little help. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif
Rick

Postsedan
02-01-2015, 08:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS427</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Verne_Frantz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Rick - Did you know that we <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">&quot;Volunteered&quot;?</span></span>

Verne <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif </div></div>

Mike is good at that. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif Sorry but I am already volunteering on the LS6 Invitation so I would be of little help. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif
Rick </div></div>

Verne,

BEING Volunteered is an honor and privilege

YOU CAN DO IT! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Dan

Verne_Frantz
02-01-2015, 09:38 PM
Dan,
I am already on the quest. I'd like to see this become the most prestigious gathering of REAL 409 cars that has ever been put together. There are thousands of 409 cars out there since the last 20 years or so but you can count the real ones without using up all your fingers and toes.

Postsedan
02-01-2015, 10:13 PM
Verne,

I can relate 100% <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

LET'S HOPE we can get our good friend Mr. Gagliano to attend with his AWESOME 409 <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Dan

Verne_Frantz
02-02-2015, 02:41 AM
Gags has a real one, but he's a putz. Hear that Gags? Get your butt in gear and get that car out in the daylight for a change.

Verne <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/scholar.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif

Steve Shauger
02-02-2015, 01:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Verne_Frantz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bob,

How about the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">5</span></span> '09s? A collection of the five years of 409 production 1961-1965. It would be great to see an example of each horsepower rating.

</div></div>

Verne, great idea. Now that your taking the lead on this could you post what year cars you need. I may be able to get a 62 black 409-409 there.

Verne_Frantz
02-02-2015, 05:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paceme</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Verne_Frantz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bob,

</div></div>

Verne, great idea. Now that your taking the lead on this could you post what year cars you need. I may be able to get a 62 black 409-409 there. </div></div>

I'm sure I know the car you're taking about. As stated above, 1961 through 1965, the &quot;5 '09&quot; years. I'd also like to find the 380hp and 400hp versions too but they are exceedingly hard to find because EVERYONE knows a 409 HAS to have 2x4s. I actually have a 380hp car of my own but I doubt I could get it back together in time.

After talking with Mike, I think we'd be ok with unrestored, restored, day-2 as well as race cars with history in the display.

Verne <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif

sixtiesmuscle
02-02-2015, 05:52 PM
Verne, As long as the &quot;unrestored&quot; cars won't also qualify for Ryan's Barn Finds area. Bob needs to give final approval on all cars anyway, but I'm sure you want the best cars possible to represent your favorite era.

Verne_Frantz
02-02-2015, 06:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sixtiesmuscle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Verne, As long as the &quot;unrestored&quot; cars won't also qualify for Ryan's Barn Finds area. Bob needs to give final approval on all cars anyway, but I'm sure you want the best cars possible to represent your favorite era. </div></div>

Yes, of course but I don't think most unrestored cars are Barn Finds. I'm referring to original cars that are well maintained and driven periodically. My own convertible is a real car and unrestored but it's too crappy to be a contender for the display. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif

Verne

mockingbird812
02-02-2015, 06:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Verne_Frantz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bob,

</div></div>

HOLY MOLY! GReat idea Verne!!!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/shocked.gif

ORIGLS6
02-03-2015, 03:36 AM
With ALL due respect to the folks working on the other showcases, this 409 Gathering really has my attention. Can't wait to see what the '61 and '65 representations are!!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/youguysrock.gif

sixtiesmuscle
02-03-2015, 01:56 PM
Hey Dennis, if you know of any suitable candidates, please let Verne know. I think all of is of a certain vintage are excited to see this group come together.

Verne_Frantz
02-03-2015, 02:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORIGLS6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With ALL due respect to the folks working on the other showcases, this 409 Gathering really has my attention. Can't wait to see what the '61 and '65 representations are!!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/youguysrock.gif </div></div>

Thanks for the support Dennis. The popularity of those W motors seemed to come out of no where in the early '80s, largely due to Doug Marion while he headed Super Chevy magazine. They are a very unique and one-time-only design from Chevy. Someone once commented about the popularity of them and said, &quot;If they had straight valve covers no one would care&quot;. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif

Just as the 302s and MK-IVs ruled the Stock and Super Stock classes in the late '60s, so did these Ws in the early '60s. They've earned their place alongside the cars with the straight valve covers.

Xplantdad
02-03-2015, 07:29 PM
How about getting Doug Marion there, too?

bashton
02-03-2015, 07:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xplantdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about getting Doug Marion there, too? </div></div>

Great idea; I will extend the invite!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

69hurstSC
02-05-2015, 05:57 PM
How about the cars of Kar Kraft? Perhaps it can wait until 2016 when it will have it's 50th anniversary.

Tracker1
02-18-2015, 03:11 PM
In 1965 Motor Trend awarded the entire PONTIAC line The Car of the Year Award - a GTO, a Bonne, a 2+2, etc. would make a nice display. Especially if they all have these little stickers in their vent windows...
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2015/02/full-3497-21519-award65.jpg

Original Pontiac commercial touting the award:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT4Npw-_axU