PDA

View Full Version : Performance Years

Wakepowell
02-23-2015, 03:39 PM
Did the Performance Years Forum disappear with the merger of Ames and Performance Years?

69biscayne
02-23-2015, 04:44 PM
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php

Moved to new address

Wakepowell
02-25-2015, 04:05 AM
Thanks!

Steve_Hoog
04-21-2015, 12:56 PM
For whatever bizarre reason the powers to be were against a redirect which confuses me to no end.

The forum has been plagued with minor bugs since the change, and now completely down for two days.

tjs44
04-22-2015, 12:29 AM
Told will be down for another day for upgrades.Tom

Keith Seymore
04-22-2015, 12:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tjs44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Told will be down for another day for upgrades.Tom </div></div>

I'm going through withdrawl.

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif

Steve_Hoog
04-22-2015, 01:22 PM
HAHA Keith!

What's sucks is I was on one of my surges reworking the 71 Judge Convertible Data, never fails.

Steve_Hoog
04-22-2015, 01:51 PM
Here Keith, this is to ease your pain and suffering. Something your dad might have been around back in the day <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

http://www.428gto.com/gto/maca.jpg

Steve_Hoog
04-22-2015, 03:09 PM
Just posted Keith, sorry <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry ...it's taking longer than we expected....We should be back up in the next 48 hours.</div></div>

Steve_Hoog
04-24-2015, 06:36 AM
Here we are another 48 come and gone and nothing.

I'm going to join Keith in withdrawals.

Keith Seymore
04-24-2015, 01:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steve_Hoog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here Keith, this is to ease your pain and suffering. Something your dad might have been around back in the day <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

http://www.428gto.com/gto/maca.jpg </div></div>

Thank you; I feel a little bit better now.

K

Steve_Hoog
04-24-2015, 04:52 PM
I am dumfounded they are still down; at least give a daily update or when you exceed the window of your last.

Activity on the forum overall had cut nearly in half my estimation by the ill informed merger and no redirect to new URL. I know the forum is not &quot;the money maker&quot; for Chris; but there is a lot to be said by the size and popularity PY Forum had achieved.

This is not going to be good for the overall situation.

I run a forum with vBulletin that got hacked a year ago and it took me less than 24 hours to get back to full steam.

njsteve
04-24-2015, 05:54 PM
I guess we can all stay over here a while. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

All my mega threads are in this section, already.

Someone must be reading them here...my old 72 T/A thread has over 3 million views. Who the heck is following that? or is it just interweb robots monitoring our illegal Pontiac obsession. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif

Tracker1
04-24-2015, 06:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steve_Hoog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am dumfounded they are still down; at least give a daily update or when you exceed the window of your last.

Activity on the forum overall had cut nearly in half my estimation by the ill informed merger and no redirect to new URL. I know the forum is not &quot;the money maker&quot; for Chris; but there is a lot to be said by the size and popularity PY Forum had achieved.

This is not going to be good for the overall situation.

I run a forum with vBulletin that got hacked a year ago and it took me less than 24 hours to get back to full steam. </div></div>

That forum has the most knowledgeable Pontiac guys on the web, collectively, tuning in most every day - it is a great loss of knowledge and access for those of us who turn to it for advice and info. It's a real bummer that it is such a buggy site.

Steve_Hoog
04-24-2015, 07:15 PM
NJ

I personally have fallen way off since my health went south, but I still logged on and posted something. The Judge Tech I mainly hung out it fizzled; we used to have wild convo's in there but it's like the last few years you could post there and never get a reply. I guess it's that way everywhere.

Then most times I would simply forget to come by here with all the chaos surrounding my health.

I remember when we first came here over Gary's Knafel car, that was well over ten years ago now. Isn't that crazy?

Steve_Hoog
04-24-2015, 09:11 PM
Guess what!

Late BrakeU2
04-25-2015, 12:16 AM
Back up

Norwood
04-25-2015, 12:25 PM
not for me

Steve_Hoog
04-25-2015, 01:21 PM
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php

Steve_Hoog
05-07-2015, 08:08 PM
It's back up, a bit slower even yet.

Keep popping in here to look for post, seems slow for Pontiac here too.

old5.0
05-07-2015, 10:23 PM
Not enough people willing to jump into conversations. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that people were more actively engaged on message boards ten or fifteen years back.

I have an acquaintance who runs a sizable Mustang board (around 20,000 members, 1.2 million posts) and their opinion is that the message board format is dying in favor of Facebook. Why, I can't say. There's nothing about Facebook, in my opinion, that's superior to this format in terms of facilitating conversation about cars, but what do I know?

tjs44
05-08-2015, 12:31 AM
im on it every day,have not noticed much diff.I dont get involved with the pissing contests.I co sponsor the HU/NA race at Norwalk every year.The trash talking and pissing and moaning will start in the next month or so.Auto guys will want a weight penalty for stick shift,small tire guys will bitch about the big tire guys.Big engine guys will want a lower weight per CI.ETC ETC

Steve_Hoog
05-09-2015, 10:43 PM
Tom I guess I am lucky, all conversations I have seen were friendly and helpful.

Message Boards: Rich ran one under Classical Pontiac, it really fizzled after PY took hold. IMO