Had a smothers brothers race team
( with his father )Anthony..
He was mr oldsmobile performance ..
An army veteran and a faimly man
Also a good friend God speed George

PxTx
03-12-2015, 12:36 AM
http://www.cartechbooks.com/blog/berejiksmothersandoldsmobile/

Few vintage pics and a little history. Probably well known on an Olds specific site but I learned something new with the Smothers story.

RIP George.

Ryan1969Chevelle
03-12-2015, 12:42 AM
RIP

Man he had good taste in drag cars!

Ryan

GTO_DON
03-12-2015, 12:43 AM
My buddy just sold a w30 sold new there with 433 gears and all the paperwork showing lots of mods done at the dealer. Had 6000 miles on it

442w30
03-12-2015, 04:45 AM
What's the stats on the W-30? Sounds like an interesting specimen.

olredalert
03-15-2015, 05:47 PM
----Don,,,Would love to know even just the year of that W30. I never met George, but lived fairly close to the dealership and used to visit there on a regular basis. I had been trying to reach out to George as he knew my 67 W30 even though it didn't come from Berejik. My car came from Brainbeau Olds, but I have no proof, and I had heard that George knew that. The 67 W30 family is pretty small. Im still searching for definitive proof of my cars heritage, even though I know. The only thing I have from the past is a picture taken at Conneticut Dragway in 1968 that has to be my car......Bill S

PeteLeathersac
03-15-2015, 08:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ryan1969Chevelle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RIP

Man he had good taste in drag cars!

Ryan </div></div>

And usually w/ a B-Pillar too!
RIP also condolences to Geo's family and friends.

~ Pete

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2015/03/full-2506-22989-image.jpg

daverd
03-16-2015, 12:45 AM
Lloyd woodland and bob andresen in photo next to the car....
That car still exists sitting in a run down garage( no drivetrain )
Just rusting away.....( George still had the original ( as raced drivetrain from that car..
He tried to buy it back to restore it for many years to no avail)
He sold it .. Without drivetrain or hood .. (The guy that bought it wanted to cut the hood for a
Supercharger...)

Ryan1969Chevelle
03-16-2015, 02:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: daverd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lloyd woodland and bob andresen in photo next to the car....
Just rusting away.....( George still had the original ( as raced drivetrain from that car..
He tried to buy it back to restore it for many years to no avail)
He sold it .. Without drivetrain or hood .. (The guy that bought it wanted to cut the hood for a
Supercharger...)

</div></div>

Will you keep in touch with the current owner to try to get it? This car should be a tribute to George Berejik!!!!

Ryan

olredalert
03-16-2015, 01:28 PM
----Woody and Bob both owned my 67 W30 at different times, but mine was never seriously raced. Woody preferred three pedals! RIP George.......Bill S

daverd
03-17-2015, 03:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: daverd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lloyd woodland and bob andresen in photo next to the car....
He tried to buy it back to restore it for many years to no avail)(as I remember the guy was pissed
That George would not sell the hood so he would not se the car to back to George )
Supercharger...)

</div></div>

GTO_DON
03-17-2015, 04:11 AM
BILL,just got back to this thread. Car was a 69 burgundy mist with parchment interior. Buckets no console m21,433 gears and dealer installed headers,Mallory ignition and. Few other drag items all on the original bill of sale. Sold it at Atlantic city auction couple weeks ago. Cool car for sure

DW31S
03-17-2015, 10:54 AM
I think that car was back at Atlantic City this year. Had the 4:33s in a box in the trunk. Did you see it Don?

daverd
03-18-2015, 10:15 AM
I checked. Auction site no pictures
Dident say if sold or not ..
A very neat car for sure....
Would love to own it ....
Or at least see pictures....