PDA

View Full Version : Gas tank for 1963 LeMans

jannes_z-28
05-19-2015, 05:12 PM
A friend of mine has a 1963 LeMans that he has owned for over 35 years, it has been stored for the last 25 years. Now when he is retired he's thinking of getting it back on the road.

He discovered that the gas tank has rusted away (probably not the only thing) and he need to find a replacement. I have looked around the net but can't find anyone having gas tanks for a 1963 LeMans.

Does anyone know a source for this? Will the Buick and Oldsmobiles of the same type/size fit as well?

Thanks

tjs44
05-19-2015, 11:03 PM
Im restoring a 63 tempest right now and could not find any new tanks for them.Have no idea if the B or O will fit.I found links on youtube on how to cleane old tanks and it worked great on mine.A short chain in the tank,shake around for as long as your arms will allow,do it again for a few times.Wash out and then wash out with viniger untill it comes out clear than counter act the viniger with a bakingsoda solution and then fluch the hell out of it with FW.I then took out the sender and put my shop vav on the inlet and my heat gun on the sender hole and dried the hell out of it.Came out great.I sealed it all up and cleaned and painted the outside and is now ready to go back in.Tom