PDA

View Full Version : History on Garnet Red '69 Z28 N515065?

tom406
06-01-2015, 04:52 PM
Looking for history on this '69 Z/28 N515065. Garnet Red, black top, black deluxe interior. I first saw it 15 years ago here in Tacoma, WA. Showed a believable 29K on the odo and it still wore most of its original Garnet Red paint and pristine interior. DZ302 out of a slightly later car which was fitted with crossram intake. Also fitted with JL8 brakes and OTC JL8 rearend. Not sure if someone did up a car for themselves or 90's auction but my friend would love some earlier history on how this car survived. Any useful documentation would be great and we can certainly work out compensation.

Thanks!

miket1
06-03-2015, 02:52 PM
That is an early one, looks great, no x code on tag so are you sure it was an original Z28.

tom406
06-03-2015, 03:17 PM
I'm personally very confident that its real, having seen it wearing mostly original paint (hood and later-style spoilers added) back then. I know the guy who repainted it, he's a very detail oriented guy and has had a number of '69 Camaros himself. He was tasked with stripping it to bare metal, and found it to be the straightest, most solid '69 Camaro he'd ever worked on. More importantly, he found no evidence in terms of emblem holes and configuration of the car that it had ever been anything besides a Z/28. Circumstantial evidence notwithstanding, it would be great to have some verifiable history or solid documentation to support.

My personal theory is that it was a cream puff RS/Z, possibly with a blown motor, that some Camaro collector decided to hang all of their collected crossram/JL8 goodies on in the late 80's or early 90's.