PDA

View Full Version : 1965 Corvette Fuelie.....1600 miles!!

bigjake
07-22-2015, 02:14 PM
https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail/CA0815-219695/10238/1965-Chevrolet-Corvette-Convertible/4-Speed/

I was at the dealership when this car arrived. At that time it had only 1500 miles.I knew all the individuals involved. This car was spectacular!!

olredalert
07-23-2015, 12:49 PM
----The best find I ever had, Jake!!! Thanks for posting......Bill S

Charley Lillard
07-23-2015, 12:59 PM
Bill do you remember what had to be restored on it ?

olredalert
07-23-2015, 02:20 PM
----Distinctly,,,The car had been stored in a room behind the owners office (lumber yard). Because of this there was a relatively large amount of wood dust. The owner wouldn't let me start the car, and it was a big sticking point at the time. I didn't know if there were pistons in the motor,,,LOL! The interior was sealed very well and the body was covered, but the engine and undercarriage were not. Mice had entered the exhaust and travelled all the way up to the exhaust manifolds, and there was a lot of wood dust all over the undercarriage. Back in 1976 we felt that to do the car justice we had to take the body off and clean things up. It turned out to be a good move as we didn't know about the mice. Other than a few gaskets we reused every piece, bolt, nut and washer that came off the car. As little as possible repainting of anything was done and of course all of the exterior paint went untouched, as well as the interior. Mike Hanson supervised the cleanup and was hands on thruout. He was and is one of the best at what he does. There was some NCRS controversy when the car was shown at the national that was totally unwarranted. The current owner is absolutely a standup guy. If you need any more info a call would probably work better, Charlie........Bill S