PDA

View Full Version : 1968 Camaro factory dash color?

Craig_Maiorana
09-18-2015, 03:05 PM
I am just putting it out there to see if I can get an answer for my buddy. He is restoring his 68 and we're trying to get a bead on what would be the correct shade of black for the dash. Any help would be appreciated.

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif

cook_dw
09-18-2015, 06:23 PM
This should help you..

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=991.msg5323#msg5323

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Top of dash is 0 gloss black Ditzler code DIA-9317, front of the dash was semi gloss black Ditzler code DIA-9266. The top of the dash usually has a suede additive in it that gave it kind of a slightly textured look. The vast majority of the painted interior parts were painted with the semi gloss paint. Things like rear window defogger grilles, speaker grilles, console compartment door, and the corner escuthion (trim pieces) on the rear window were about the only other flat black items.
</div></div>

Craig_Maiorana
09-18-2015, 11:15 PM
Thank you a ton Darrell ... I knew it had been discussed before and I also knew someone had that info stored in their memory banks. Thank you again

cook_dw
09-19-2015, 12:31 AM
If it's something about '68 Camaros I try to stay on top of it.. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif