PDA

View Full Version : NOS "By Berger" emblem?

Rixls6
12-01-2015, 12:47 PM
I found this emblem, and would like to get some opinions on whether or not it looks to be an original "By Berger" emblem or a reproduction.
Don't know why the pics went sideways.
For comparison, I'm adding pics of an original that needs to be replated.
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2015/12/full-3463-35417-img_0047.jpg
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2015/12/full-3463-35418-img_0046.jpg

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2015/12/full-3463-35419-dscf8012.jpg
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2015/12/full-3463-35420-dscf8013.jpg

Salvatore
12-01-2015, 05:08 PM
I would say "original" looks just like mine.

Hawkeye
12-01-2015, 08:31 PM
Only difference I see is on the back side where the casting studs have been removed. They are in different locations. Otherwise, it looks identical. Hopefully it is real.

ds1
12-01-2015, 08:41 PM
The pictures of the second one match what I have. They do not match the first pictures. So either it is out of a different mold or not original. The grain on the back from the mold does not match the original you have or the one I have.

Rixls6
12-02-2015, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the input.
I'm still unsure if it's an original, as claimed by seller, or an older repo.

Salvatore
12-08-2015, 08:41 PM
don't believe it is an older repro. Why would somebody repro that emblem many years ago?

GTO_DON
12-08-2015, 09:00 PM
I don't liken f it's just me or what by its obvious that it's a repro emblem. All of a sudden in the last year these emblems are popping up left and right. Before that I hadn't seen one for sale in years.

Salvatore
12-09-2015, 12:02 PM
The repros that I have seen lately did not look like this one. If a repop, it seems real accurate.
Only going by mine.

Rixls6
12-10-2015, 12:20 PM
The seller claims he got this emblem, as well as another, from an older guy who bought them from Berger long ago.
The 2 dark casting stud spots on the back are different than the spots on my original, so that has me unsure as to it being an original.
Other than that, what looks different from an original???

ds1
12-10-2015, 08:48 PM
I remember the ones on Ebay within the last year. One said it came from an older guy and found it in the back of a drawer. There were two from sellers in Michigan with some plausible stories, but are vague at the same time. Ebay is a buyer beware site anymore. They don't allow people to give negative feedback anymore, it is near impossible. If there are reproductions they are most likely infringing on copyright laws. Berger is still in business and that is why I thought that there were no reproductions made. They still sell a plastic stick on version with fake screw heads.

Rixls6
12-10-2015, 08:53 PM
Again, thanks for the input.
There's just enough doubt that I will leave this emblem with its current owner.

Craig_Maiorana
12-10-2015, 09:53 PM
Within the past 2 years I seem to remember a post on here about somebody repopping these emblems. They were not claiming them to be OG, but someone could have got a hold of one and is trying to play slight of hand.

Salvatore
12-13-2015, 03:43 AM
maybe BERGER had different manufactures doing these thru the years. If there is this much question, no one would be able to call it yea or nay at a big car show.

Day2_69Z
12-20-2015, 02:18 AM
They are quite nice....
Last year I opened the debate here because of the sellers listing info of stating 1 only available !
NOS....former employee find etc.
The bidding went crazy, "Sold" .
Then another, another etc followed.
He swore he only had 1....but sold nearly a dozen in a short time, the seller used 2 different selling id's for the same ad & items.
We felt he ghost bid them up & had over a dozen listed or sold over a 3 month period.

Regardless,,,,I don't know of any Camaro/Chevelle that is preserved,restored or original that doesn't have at least 1 reproduction or NORS part.
Especially All or Most of the YENKO Cars that Have Reproduction Yenko / 427 emblems.
The issue I/ we raised here was the $ bid/ghost bid bringing the Prices Way Up on possibly reproduction items Advertised and sold as NOS.
Therefore , why not use the Die-cast emblem....

If someone wants to pay hundreds of $ for one, so be it.....keep in mind there's a California eBay seller with Big Money on his License Plate Frames, that a lot of Members bought & rave about.

JMHO putting things in perspective.

Happy Holidays sYc members

MERRY CHRISTMAS to All & All a Good Night

Tom & Freda Martin

BULLITT65
04-21-2016, 07:35 PM
I have an original "by Berger" emblem. I would like to find a metal berger license frame. Does anyone here have one they would be willing to part with?