PDA

View Full Version : 66 Lemans Convertible

tom406
05-21-2016, 05:07 PM
This is a car I sold last week that I had picked up late last year from the original family owners. Mom had received it as a birthday present in 1966 and loved it so much she never got another car. It was actually a business lease car (in '66!) that they bought at the end, all through Totem Pontiac in Seattle. Barrier Blue/Blue, 326 2bbl/2sp auto, power steering, power top, buckets/console, deluxe wheel covers. When I first laid eyes on it I immediately thought that's the kind of car Major Nelson or Major Healey would drive on "I Dream of Jeanne". I found a set of near mint deluxe wheel covers locally from a GTO owner who found an NOS in the box set for his car. I know they're an acquired taste but for me, they make the car. I sourced Legendary door panels and front seat covers, as well as ACI cushions and ACC carpets (see pic of West coast original floors and rockers). Underhood was crusty and after I had it steam cleaned I learned that baked on crud was all that kept the water pump housing from leaking (grrrr). After taking care of that, and replacing the original timing chain as long as I was in there, I had the underhood fluffed since it really wasn't presentable and the front of the engine was now obviously worked. A great guy who has had a couple of '66 GTO's in the past is planning to drive the wheels off it this summer.

Xplantdad
05-21-2016, 06:25 PM
Very cool!

StealthBird
05-21-2016, 06:31 PM
Beautiful LeMans! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

olredalert
05-21-2016, 08:27 PM
----Those Legendary seat covers are gorgeous!!!......Bill S

downunder1
05-21-2016, 08:55 PM
WOW, that is NICE!

scuncio
05-22-2016, 01:58 AM
Beautiful car. I never cared much for the '66-67s until I owned one, and now it's one of my favorites. Gorgeous.

427TJ
05-22-2016, 09:20 PM
Those wheelcovers really do make the car! Hope the new owner resists putting Rally wheels on it.